Sign in to follow this  
pete_norw

Standing at Carrow road

" PC b0ll0x" What on earth has political correctness got to do with safety at football grounds. You need to look up the actually meaning of the phrase before bleating it out like some Animal Farm sheep.It is not health and safety either - otherwise terracing would have been banned at EVERY ground. Check Germany. The main driving force behind the all seater stadia are the clubs themselves. It allows for a higher admission and also permits a greater control over fans.Simple as that - which is pretty much scooby with his/her childish remarks. 

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" PC b0ll0x" What on earth has political correctness got to do with safety at football grounds. You need to look up the actually meaning of the phrase before bleating it out like some Animal Farm sheep.It is not health and safety either - otherwise terracing would have been banned at EVERY ground. Check Germany. The main driving force behind the all seater stadia are the clubs themselves. It allows for a higher admission and also permits a greater control over fans.Simple as that - which is pretty much scooby with his/her childish remarks. 

[/quote]Totally agree, if it was purely down to  health and safety, every stadium in this country would also be all seaters, inc. lower leagues, hockey stadiums, speedway stadiums, race track stadiums etc etc.......

[quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="Ralph Wright"]" PC b0ll0x"

What on earth has political correctness got to do with safety at football grounds. You need to look up the actually meaning of the phrase before bleating it out like some Animal Farm sheep.

It is not health and safety either - otherwise terracing would have been banned at EVERY ground. Check Germany. The main driving force behind the all seater stadia are the clubs themselves. It allows for a higher admission and also permits a greater control over fans.

Simple as that - which is pretty much scooby with his/her childish remarks.

[/quote]

Totally agree, if it was purely down to  health and safety, every stadium in this country would also be all seaters, inc. lower leagues, hockey stadiums, speedway stadiums, race track stadiums etc etc.......
[/quote]

The most unfortunate thing about this is that it will be down to those Pillocks at Whitehall to decide, if they had thier way we would be chained to our seats

so clubs with no money who have forked out all this cash on all seater stadia are now going to fork out modifying the stands to allow terracing are they?

so endeth the discussion.

jas :)

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]I would love this and look forward to reading the report. Will raise this at the NCISA meeting on 22nd Sept if I get the chance. To be honest my bit of the Barclay is all standing anyway, but it would be great (and a real PR celebration) if the club could even begin to get this off the ground. The Lower Barclay is perhaps the obvious spot to do this, if possible but would put my 100% and more support into any move which would enable the choice to be made for all fans once more.[/quote]

and which set of season ticket holders will the NCISA suggest gets shafted to accomodate this new section....

Nostalgia is always viewed with rose tinted spectacles...

Your comment would only have relevance if creating a terraced area would not accomadate fans already with season tickets in seated areas.

May I also point out it is much safer standing on terracing than standing in seated areas and causes less problems

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" PC b0ll0x"

What on earth has political correctness got to do with safety at football grounds. You need to look up the actually meaning of the phrase before bleating it out like some Animal Farm sheep.

It is not health and safety either - otherwise terracing would have been banned at EVERY ground. Check Germany. The main driving force behind the all seater stadia are the clubs themselves. It allows for a higher admission and also permits a greater control over fans.

Simple as that - which is pretty much scooby with his/her childish remarks.

[/quote]

I fail to see how stating the obvious is "childish".  We all know why we don''t have terraces in this country anymore and, as much as we used to love it, no amount of pleading is going to bring back the old days.  We might as well ask for a pint and a fag as well but that won''t happen either.  I was merely commenting on your "silly myth about injuries" comment.  Go and tell them that in Liverpool. Do really think, in todays litigation society, that any football club is going to risk going back to the days of goal surges?

[quote user="pete_norw"]Evening news say that we are looking to get it re introduced into NCFC I for one will ring the bells if we do as long as it is monitored correctly should be no problem ie Numbers not over crowding[/quote]Provided it''s safe, and well constructed, it''s a simple YES from me.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Just to add Worthy, that in all the years I stood on the terraces I was never hurt, and that was starting at the age of 11. Incidentially I have been pushed about over seats (not at CR but at a couple of away grounds). I know this is the experience of only one fan, but I really can''t see that seats are any safer. The numbers are more easily controlled, but surely in this day and age a sensible system for admitting standing supporters can be introduced. I know the club (Neil Doncaster has mentioned it a couple of times) are interested in looking into this, should legislation be introduced to allow it.[/quote]

I and friends of mine have ended up 3 or 4 rows down over seats after getting pushed during exhuberant goal celebrations. The seats just cause you to trip if you get accidentally pushed.

Heroes

I suspect all of the people in my area (we are all ST holders who stand at matches anyway and before you ask, we are at the back. Until the club ask, I guess no one knows just how many people would like the chance to stand at matches. I am sure the club, if able to with reviewed legislation would be able to work something out, enabling those who wanted to stand to move to whichever area the club deemed fit to use for this purpose.

By the way, I am only going to ask this question of Mr Doncaster at the NCISA meeting, I have no idea of the organistation''s policy on this matter, perhaps you should ask John Tilson or Kathy, both who post on here? The whole point of NCISA evenings (or the club ones) is to put questions like this to club representatives. It''s our chance to have our say and bring up topics of concern or interest.

Nostalgia - no, nothing to do with it, I could say I wish we brought back the 92-93 shirt then we could relive that great season again. It''s about choice, and we simply don''t have that anymore. I don''t know if you are old enough to remember standing on the terraces at CR, or elsewhere, but some of us would like to experience that again, and if other countries, such as Germany can do it, why not us?

Jas, if it were the only option, yes, but I can''t see the club doing it there as they have now made that stand the family area.

But hey, if that were the sacrifice to be made!!

We live in a world obsessed by safety. It was the slight element of danger that made standing so exciting and so much fun. I''d love to see a return to terracing to counteract the modern comercial balls that is football today. By the way, if Hillsborough had have happened under all seater circumstances, it would have been a lot worse. Also if one aeroplane crashes do you ban all aeroplanes? The old Barclay was a fantastic place to watch football matches and I wish we could have that atmosphere at Carrow road again.

It would make the stewards jobs much easier. When I was a steward I used to find it impossible to get people to sit down. To the point were they would yell abuse at you. It was Elland Road I suppose.

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]It would make the stewards jobs much easier. When I was a steward I used to find it impossible to get people to sit down. To the point were they would yell abuse at you. It was Elland Road I suppose.[/quote]

lol! say no more!

jas :)

[quote user="Cannycanary"]

Why not take a vote on it?

Vote Here

[/quote]

The Evening News started a poll and when I voted last night it was exactly 50/50 for and against.  Now the poll has disappeared and has been replaced by one asking "Is Neil Adams right to return to Carrow Road?"

One of the shortest polls in Archant history.  Can we have an explanation please Pete.

I missed that one Strawberry. Thing is as a vote it''s a bit of a non starter as the people who want to continue to sit already have that choice. I really can''t see why you would vote against it, I suppose on the issue of cost, but surely that can''t bother too many fans can it?

Perhaps if the seats can''t be removed, they could be replaced by bigger more comfy seats instead........ big comfy armchairs for everyone! our capacity would be reduced by half but hey! the club could charge three times as much for a seat, thus making a handsome profit!....... the stewards wouldn''t have a problem getting people to sit down, as everyone would be too relaxed to stand up!...... and if the game gets dull we can just pull the lever on our Parker Knolls, lay back, feet up, for a 90 min power nap! - all in all every-one''s a winner!!

One area per ground!

Home fans only!

Area at the front of the stand where people can get into and exit the ground!

No perimeter fences or pens!

As as existing aisles, tweo aisle at the ends of the terraces area!

Each supporter gets there only personal designated barrier to stand against!

[quote user="kiwiNCFC"]Whats the point?? The lower left barclay all stand anyway[/quote]

What do you mean?  I sat down last night, Ok it was half time but I did sit down.