Sign in to follow this  
pete_norw

Standing at Carrow road

Evening news say that we are looking to get it re introduced into NCFC I for one will ring the bells if we do as long as it is monitored correctly should be no problem ie Numbers not over crowding

[quote user="pete_norw"]Evening news say that we are looking to get it re introduced into NCFC I for one will ring the bells if we do as long as it is monitored correctly should be no problem ie Numbers not over crowding[/quote]

I''m up for it too,Pete. Its the only proper way to watch football,IMHO!

I would love this and look forward to reading the report. Will raise this at the NCISA meeting on 22nd Sept if I get the chance. To be honest my bit of the Barclay is all standing anyway, but it would be great (and a real PR celebration) if the club could even begin to get this off the ground. The Lower Barclay is perhaps the obvious spot to do this, if possible but would put my 100% and more support into any move which would enable the choice to be made for all fans once more.

Just to add Worthy, that in all the years I stood on the terraces I was never hurt, and that was starting at the age of 11.

Incidentially I have been pushed about over seats (not at CR but at a couple of away grounds). I know this is the experience of only one fan, but I really can''t see that seats are any safer. The numbers are more easily controlled, but surely in this day and age a sensible system for admitting standing supporters can be introduced.

I know the club (Neil Doncaster has mentioned it a couple of times) are interested in looking into this, should legislation be introduced to allow it.

When i went to poormans road last season we were all standing up and lol when ched scored some woman came flying over my mate next to me! She must have got pushed. I do not agree that standing should be all around the ground but the lower barclay yeh, but it would never happen now with H&S

it''s virtuallyl here as it is.Away at Cardiff was all standing . Bloody excellent. You could move about - had to, to avoid the pylons.Even Bristol last year had us all standing even with the crap bolt on seats. It is a silly myth about injuries. Even in some of the worst fighting in the Barclay there were no ''terrace injuries''.It is not Health and Safety that leads most of this it is insurance.Shoot the no win no fee parasites and we might start to get some sense back.

I would gladly pay double for my season ticket i could stand, it would be far safer than standing in a seated area. the days of the old kops are long gone but i dont see why they couldn''t rip out the first few rows of seats in the barclay and dig a hole , so the people behind could still see.

Make it season ticket only so no isues of overcrowding

I stood in the barclay from about the age of 10

not a game that goes by when i dont miss that atmosphere

i''d love it, ever since i''ve been going to Carrow Road it''s been an all-seater stadium.

The main problem i see is the gradient of stands in all-seater stadiums, the top tiers of the barclay/river ends as well as the city/south stands would definately be too steep for standing and even the lower tiers of the barclay/river ends might not meet standards because each step isn''t exactly big enough and could be dangerous opposed to the "older style" terraces where each step was far bigger  

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]it''s virtuallyl here as it is.

Away at Cardiff was all standing . Bloody excellent. You could move about - had to, to avoid the pylons.

Even Bristol last year had us all standing even with the crap bolt on seats. It is a silly myth about injuries. Even in some of the worst fighting in the Barclay there were no ''terrace injuries''.

It is not Health and Safety that leads most of this it is insurance.

Shoot the no win no fee parasites and we might start to get some sense back.

[/quote]

Yeah right Ralph. One word ....... Hillsborough.

[quote user="Scooby"]

Away at Cardiff was all standing . Bloody excellent. You could move about - had to, to avoid the pylons.

Even Bristol last year had us all standing even with the crap bolt on seats. It is a silly myth about injuries. Even in some of the worst fighting in the Barclay there were no ''terrace injuries''.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hillsborough disaster was caused by overcrowding, too many Liverpool fans rushed up to the fence, thus casueing the back pile of fans to squash the front line up against the fence, this would never happen in todays game if their was a strict and controlled policy put into place.

[quote user="Scooby"]

[/quote]

that wasn''t because of the standing, it was due to the police allowing far too many people in and the huge metal fences at the front. It would never be allowed to happen again

[quote user="ncfc_chris"][quote user="Scooby"]

[/quote]

that wasn''t because of the standing, it was due to the police allowing far too many people in and the huge metal fences at the front. It would never be allowed to happen again

[/quote]

Exactly. That''s why we''re now all seater stadiums.

“Our own research that one of the main factors that determine whether people come to watch football games is safety,

I never felt unsafe in the old barclay

anyone paranoid enough to not go to a football match because they percieve it as unsafe really should lock themselves in the understairs cupboard.

As I said Take out the first 6 rows at the front of the Barclay and N&P put one barrier at the back in front of the new first row , get a jackhammer to get rid of the steps and re conctrete the floor. the front floor level will be below the eyeline of the remainder of the crowd.

Sell as season tickets only at the same price as seats with numbers limited to safe capacity

I will glady go down and smash a few steps at no charge and swap my seats in a heartbeat

in terms of safety i defy anyone to explain how hillsborough was caused by the terracing

purely a matter of too many people being forced into to small an area with now way out and policing that was to ignorrant to see what was going on.

I have a friend who was temporarily paralysed at Hillsborough and he doesnt blame the terracing

[quote user="Scooby"]

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]it''s virtuallyl here as it is.Away at Cardiff was all standing . Bloody excellent. You could move about - had to, to avoid the pylons.Even Bristol last year had us all standing even with the crap bolt on seats. It is a silly myth about injuries. Even in some of the worst fighting in the Barclay there were no ''terrace injuries''.It is not Health and Safety that leads most of this it is insurance.Shoot the no win no fee parasites and we might start to get some sense back.

[/quote]

[/quote]One word....... 9/11 but we still fly in aeroplanes and still live and work in tall buildings! The standard of stadiums needed improving [Bradford] but it was a bit like having one car crash and making the rest of the population walk for the rest of their lives

[quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="Scooby"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
One word....... 9/11 but we still fly in aeroplanes and still live and work in tall buildings! The standard of stadiums needed improving [Bradford] but it was a bit like having one car crash and making the rest of the population walk for the rest of their lives
[/quote]

No, it''s not. But we all have to wear seat belts now don''t we.  And 9/11 was mass murder caused by terrorism, not a bloody plane crash, you prat.

Would have to say if you were over 6''00" and it kicked off in the old Barclay (and elsewhere) getting squashed against a crash barrier could cause a painfull injury if you''re a bloke!    Just one example, after the fogged off cup game with Chelsea I could have joined the girls choir. 

This is going to sound really geeky but I''m fairly sure the only area of Carrow Road that could be practically converted to standing is the River End lower tier as this wasn''t reprofiled when converted to seating in 1992. The steps for a seated area are different to that of a terrace, this obviously will cause a headache for clubs that have rebuilt stands or moved to a completely new stadium as they may not have a suitable area without the expense of rebuilding terraces. However, certain countries, Germany for example have areas that can switch between standing and seating easily for champions League games etc but I doubt any new stadiums have been built in England with this in mind, but I might be wrong.

I personally don''t think this will happen but I for one would love to have the option of standing but I can''t see this getting the go ahead because of all the red tape etc

http://www.wsc.co.uk/content/view/548/29/

http://www.wsc.co.uk/content/view/549/29/

A couple of interesting articles from When Saturday Comes above which deal with some of the issues of bringing back terracing.

Pretty much all of the stadia in Germany have terracing with moveable seating placed in the areas for any UEFA Cup and Champions League matches. Unfortunately it seems that whilst the German stadia were purpose built to allow this to happen the rash of all seater stadia built in this country over the last ten or so years do not have this facility.

I''d love to see some terraced areas return to English football ground and I feel sorry for some of the younger fans who will never have experienced the buzz of standing with your mates at a game. The problem that I see, along with the logistical one mentioned above, is that the clubs are no longer that bothered about attracting the type of fans who would want to stand at football matches. Gazza''s bloody tears, Euro ''96 and Skinner and Baddiel have a lot to answer for [:@]

Why can''t we keep the seats in the lower Barclay and allow standing? That way everyone has a designated area and no over-crowding? And the stadium will still have it''s yellow and green look?!

[quote user="Scooby"]

No, it''s not. But we all have to wear seat belts now don''t we.  And 9/11 was mass murder caused by terrorism, not a bloody plane crash, you prat.

[/quote]

Would appear that the H&S and PC b0ll0x is working to brain wash the masses into wrapping ourselves in cotton wool - I spent years as a kid on the terraces at CR and not once got hurt including when I used to stand on a milk crate when I was really young.  

Of course I doubt I could take the milk crate in nowadays - probably deemed an offensive weapon !!

Bring back the terracing - best footy days of my life.

[quote user="barclay_troy"][quote user="AndyJR"]

Be like this!!............

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QkfKdMtweoQ

[/quote]we used to surge forward but no-one ever got hurt its the only way to have constant singing at football. wouldnt even care if they left seats in.[/quote]

Used to be great.

Bundle!   [:D]

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="Scooby"]

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]it''s virtuallyl here as it is.Away at Cardiff was all standing . Bloody excellent. You could move about - had to, to avoid the pylons.Even Bristol last year had us all standing even with the crap bolt on seats. It is a silly myth about injuries. Even in some of the worst fighting in the Barclay there were no ''terrace injuries''.It is not Health and Safety that leads most of this it is insurance.Shoot the no win no fee parasites and we might start to get some sense back.

[/quote]

[/quote]One word....... 9/11 but we still fly in aeroplanes and still live and work in tall buildings! The standard of stadiums needed improving [Bradford] but it was a bit like having one car crash and making the rest of the population walk for the rest of their lives[/quote]

[/quote]Ok bright boy, since when did seat belts stop people having car crashes? and did I say 9/11 was a plane crash? I clearly didn''t. You obviously missed the point - All seater stadiums were an over reaction to a tragedy caused by a number of reasons - over crowding, poor organisation, poor policing and thousands of people trying to storm into the stadium with no tickets.You obviously prefer seats, nothing wrong with that, if you have a season ticket maybe you can get a seat belt attached to stop you falling off.....while trying to hold a plastic cup, pick your nose and grin all at the same time!