Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

a question about Leon

Was it just me or did Leon hold up the ball brilliantly for the second?

So why is he not playing? He CAN hold the ball up and he had an instant impact on the game. Now....

if Huckerby moved to left wing
Bentley centre mid
Francis def mid

Doc/new man &
Leon up front?

what do you think?

You''re right Vicar. He did hold it up brilliantly.
If Worthy is going to use Leon mainly as a sub, I think he could well be brought on earlier to good effect.
But he should also be given some starts once September arrives in order to see how he goes.
OTBC

We looked so much better when Bentley came off, Hucks switched to the left and Leon came on. No disrespect to Bentley because he took his goal really well and showed some great skill, but on Saturday I think it should be:

Greeno

Eddy Flem Charlton Drury

WLY Franny Holt Hucks

Doc McKenzie

Keep the faith

Sorry but I don''t think we could start a game with Hux left-wing. He would leave drury too exposed it''s an option we have to change things around but I don''t think we will see it too much as a starting line-up

Im sorry DumbleDelia but i have to disagree with the bently remark , i thought he had his best game to date and i was surprised when worthy took him off , Bently is a must IMO as he can produce something out of nothing and we don''t have to many of those in the side.

Totally agree with DD. After Andy Gray''s berating of the decision to take Bentley off - Huckerby on the left caused havoc (all be it against tired legs) and Leon & Doc''s ariel ability and hold-up play caused real problems.

It''s all about the balance of protecting the full backs but still having attacking width, and accommodating our defensive midfielders but with a willingness to get in the box (like all the top clubs seem to - did Newcastle have 6 on 4 at one point in the 2nd half?)

With Francis teeing up of Leon, forget the Viera tag, I''m see more of a Pires likeness ;0)