Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

We are back

Yes I feel we are back , I believe we have a chance of winning every match we play , the defence is solid , in fact I would say that we have the best back 5 in the championship and the wonderful football we are playing is a joy to behold , those chances we missed yesterday , how many were there ? 7,or 8 ? those will go in on another day . Its all down to Glenn Roeder and Lee Clarke that have brought us back to playing the Norwich way . You can tell I am up beat indeed more than up beat ,you lovely old boys....arrdee. 

There is a whole new change taking place , a new change of wind taking place at Carrow road and I am so glad I can feel this , I do feel that we can go out every match with a great chance of winning because of the wonderful football we are now capable of playing ....arrdee.

I will reserve judgement Ray.

GR seems to have got them playing decent football again but that old goalscoring problem is still apparant.

If we can just get the financial and ownership questions settled then I think we could exceed all expectations this season.

[quote user="arrdee"]There is a whole new change taking place , a new change of wind taking place at Carrow road and I am so glad I can feel this , I do feel that we can go out every match with a great chance of winning because of the wonderful football we are now capable of playing ....arrdee.[/quote]

I agree with you,Ardee. we look like we have self belief,which certainly wasn''t the case last season. We also have leaders on the pitch in Clingan,Dejan,and,I suspect,Sibierski, to go with the youthful brilliance of Lupoli,Bertrand and Hoolahan. I''m really excited for the first time in years!

[quote user="ricardo"]

GR seems to have got them playing decent football again but that old goalscoring problem is still apparant.

If we can just get the financial and ownership questions settled then I think we could exceed all expectations this season.

[/quote]

Yes Dick , perhaps we can turn our eyes from the financial and ownership side after all it never bothered us in the 50s and 60s did it Dick we were just glad to see our team playing well . I don''t know why we should start to get involved with this , shouldn''t we just watch what is going on on the pitch? how we both have always done ?....arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"]Yes I feel we are back , I believe we have a chance of winning every match we play , the defence is solid , in fact I would say that we have the best back 5 in the championship and the wonderful football we are playing is a joy to behold , those chances we missed yesterday , how many were there ? 7,or 8 ? those will go in on another day . Its all down to Glenn Roeder and Lee Clarke that have brought us back to playing the Norwich way . You can tell I am up beat indeed more than up beat ,you lovely old boys....arrdee. [/quote]

Spot on Arrdee, i even wished i had gone all the way to Plymouth to see it.

don''t get too carried away [:)]

at the back end of last season with Dion and Hucks leaving i couldn''t imagine the team being as strong as it is now, need to make some of these loan signings permanent though

[quote user="ncfc_chris"]

don''t get too carried away [:)]

at the back end of last season with Dion and Hucks leaving i couldn''t imagine the team being as strong as it is now, need to make some of these loan signings permanent though

[/quote]

So Chris are you saying we are not as strong as last season without Dublin and Huxs or stronger ? and why should I not get carried away ? where do you think I am going to get carried away to ? A house for the unstable perhaps ? No you lovely old boy I know what I am saying  and that is "We are back"....arrdee

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

Yes Dick , perhaps we can turn our eyes from the financial and ownership side after all it never bothered us in the 50s and 60s did it Dick we were just glad to see our team playing well . I don''t know why we should start to get involved with this , shouldn''t we just watch what is going on on the pitch? how we both have always done ?....arrdee.

[/quote]

Agreed mate. We never used to think about that in the old days but the game has changed now and the last couple of seasons has shown that our present owners are finding it hard to finance a proper promotion challenge.

Hopefully things will resolve themselves sooner rather than later.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed mate. We never used to think about that in the old days but the game has changed now and the last couple of seasons has shown that our present owners are finding it hard to finance a proper promotion challenge.

[/quote]

But surely Dick it has nothing to do with the owners about how well the the team plays . I cant ever remember Geoff Watling scoring a goal for our great club can you? We were always happy if our team played well . we were always happy with what our team served us up . I honestly don''t why you have started to involved yourself with what is going on within the club, I don''t happen to do that , Dick its on the field you should be looking ,,,,arrdee 

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But surely Dick it has nothing to do with the owners about how well the the team plays . I cant ever remember Geoff Watling scoring a goal for our great club can you? We were always happy if our team played well . we were always happy with what our team served us up . I honestly don''t why you have started to involved yourself with what is going on within the club, I don''t happen to do that , Dick its on the field you should be looking ,,,,arrdee 

[/quote]

It''s no good closing your eyes to the fact that to be competetive enough to play in this league you need good players and they cost money in wages and fees. I will support any team that plays in our colours but I expect a team of our status to be at least good enough for this league. That has been very touch and go in the last couple of seasons.

We both started watching NCFC in the fifties when we were in the old third south but we always knew we were better than that and the people who led the club in those days were aways trying to push on to a higher level. We eventually experienced over 20 years at the top level and we both know that we should still be there or thereabouts. Last season was our lowest position for over 40 years. That is not good enough for NCFC and its not good enough for you and me.

Thats why I am concerned with who owns our club. They have got to have sufficient financial clout to put us back where we belong. Surely we should be an attractive enough proposition to compete with the likes of Coventry, Birminham, Sheff Utd etc.

[quote user="arrdee"]

So Chris are you saying we are not as strong as last season without Dublin and Huxs or stronger ? and why should I not get carried away ? where do you think I am going to get carried away to ? A house for the unstable perhaps ? No you lovely old boy I know what I am saying  and that is "We are back"....arrdee

[/quote]

i think the sentence "i couldn''t imagine the team being as strong as it is now" says i think we''re stronger now

[quote user="arrdee"]Yes I feel we are back , I believe we have a chance of winning every match we play , the defence is solid , in fact I would say that we have the best back 5 in the championship and the wonderful football we are playing is a joy to behold , those chances we missed yesterday , how many were there ? 7,or 8 ? those will go in on another day . Its all down to Glenn Roeder and Lee Clarke that have brought us back to playing the Norwich way . You can tell I am up beat indeed more than up beat ,you lovely old boys....arrdee. [/quote]I hate to agree with the dynamic duo of Smudger and Wizard, but we need to see QPR and Sheffield United at home before we can start to get all warm and fuzzy about the season ahead - but yes, yesterday was a good footballing display and I hope for many more this season.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s no good closing your eyes to the fact that to be competetive enough to play in this league you need good players and they cost money in wages and fees. I will support any team that plays in our colours but I expect a team of our status to be at least good enough for this league. That has been very touch and go in the last couple of seasons.

We both started watching NCFC in the fifties when we were in the old third south but we always knew we were better than that and the people who led the club in those days were aways trying to push on to a higher level. We eventually experienced over 20 years at the top level and we both know that we should still be there or thereabouts. Last season was our lowest position for over 40 years. That is not good enough for NCFC and its not good enough for you and me.

Thats why I am concerned with who owns our club. They have got to have sufficient financial clout to put us back where we belong. Surely we should be an attractive enough proposition to compete with the likes of Coventry, Birminham, Sheff Utd etc.

[/quote]

So you are saying Dick we have to have lashings of money to have a good team ? am I correct so far ? when we had a great team how much did that cost Dick? how much did Bowen cost? or Culverhouse ? or Sutton ? or Fox ? or Goss who was P**sing about in the reserves ,going nowhere until David Williams got his hands on him and turned him into a household name . oh no Dick you can put a great team together with out any money if you know what you are doing . I bet you and me could eh! Dick....arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So you are saying Dick we have to have lashings of money to have a good team ? am I correct so far ? when we had a great team how much did that cost Dick? how much did Bowen cost? or Culverhouse ? or Sutton ? or Fox ? or Goss who was P**sing about in the reserves ,going nowhere until David Williams got his hands on him and turned him into a household name . oh no Dick you can put a great team together with out any money if you know what you are doing . I bet you and me could eh! Dick....arrdee.

[/quote]

Got to Agree with Dick on his arrdee. The players you mention are 15 years ago and the games moved on since. A club like NCFC should move with it.

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

There''s a great deal of truth in what you say Ardee.

And I feel a quickening of the pulse.

Glenn has been very brave in the way he has gone about his work - and deserves good luck and everyones support. Can he do an Archie? Can he do a Ron? Oh yes the pulse is quickening......

But don''t dismiss the finances. Have you forgotten tossing coins into that Carrow Road blanket on cold, wet dark days in the 50s?

Can he do an Archie. Can he do a Ron. Playing the opposition off the park. That''s the Norwich way.

[:D]

I would really be surprised if this team of Glenn''s went tits up.

Yep, Something is stirring on the field.

Maybe you need to just send them that old Norwich formula - you know - sherry with raw eggs!!!!!![D]

One love.

OTBC

Must confess I am really getting my enthusiasm back having seen our recent displays. Roeder is puttin together an excellent side full of technically gifted and skillful players. He said we would not recognise the team this season and he has been as good as his word. Yes we are still missing chances but we are creating a hatful in every game, the players are committed and up for it and that losing mentality seems to have been banished for the time being. We are also playing a very attractive brand of football. We won''t win every game but I am confident we will win considerably more than we lose this season and give one or two sides a real lesson.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

There''s a great deal of truth in what you say Ardee.

And I feel a quickening of the pulse.

Glenn has been very brave in the way he has gone about his work - and deserves good luck and everyones support. Can he do an Archie? Can he do a Ron? Oh yes the pulse is quickening......

But don''t dismiss the finances. Have you forgotten tossing coins into that Carrow Road blanket on cold, wet dark days in the 50s?

Can he do an Archie. Can he do a Ron. Playing the opposition off the park. That''s the Norwich way.

[:D]

I would really be surprised if this team of Glenn''s went tits up.

Yep, Something is stirring on the field.

Maybe you need to just send them that old Norwich formula - you know - sherry with raw eggs!!!!!![D]

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

Yep you could be right but I think it was brandy with raw eggs, although they could have said Corona and raw eggs at that age I wouldn''t have known the difference....arrdee. 

Yes they are playing some good football under GR and Clarkie, we have some good players (some not ours sadly), and yesterdays result was fantastic.  But, feet firmly on the ground people, we need to win lots more games for me to be jumping up and down with excitement.

Some interesting points made on this thread, and I feel we currently seem to have much to give us heart and encouragment. 

However, I decided before the season that I would give it 10 games to see how the team bedded in before I allowed myself to form an opinion either way and I dont see anything that makes me want to change my mind.  There is no reason why this squad should not be competitive at this level but it is still early days and I would like to see how we perform against a couple more of the top sides to see if Brum was a flash in the pan.

I have absolutely no intention of keeping my feet on the ground come Wednesday evening.  Ably encouraged by a few pre-match beverages, I shall be dinging my way down to the field of dreams, lit by floodlight on a beautiful autumnal evening.  There I shall sing my heart out, in recognition of an excellent team performance and a team, capable of taking us to the promised land - all in time for a small night cap on my way home.Otbc!!  [:D]

[quote user="AndyJR"]I have absolutely no intention of keeping my feet on the ground come Wednesday evening.  Ably encouraged by a few pre-match beverages, I shall be dinging my way down to the field of dreams, lit by floodlight on a beautiful autumnal evening.  There I shall sing my heart out, in recognition of an excellent team performance and a team, capable of taking us to the promised land - all in time for a small night cap on my way home.

Otbc!!  [:D]
[/quote]

Good for you, but been here too many times, and it feels twice as bad coming down if you are floating too high lol [:)]

Somebody should tell arrdee that the 2nd World War is over and Jimmy Greaves no longer plays for Spurs. [;)]

That luverly ol'' boy.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Yes they are playing some good football under GR and Clarkie, we have some good players (some not ours sadly), and yesterdays result was fantastic.  But, feet firmly on the ground people, we need to win lots more games for me to be jumping up and down with excitement.

[/quote]

I guess it depends on the individuals personality. I am happy to get carried away. I posted after the Coventry game about how good we looked. Coventry fans didn''t know how they had won the game. I managed to stay up beat after MK Dons and Blackpool. I believe we could and probably should have won every game this season. Where as some of those who advocate keeping their feet on the ground now were quite happy to predict bottom six or even relegation after we failed to beat Blackpool last month.

arrdee - could not put it better, we have NO ONE to fear in this league and i am at last so very upbeat from what i have seen thus far, this is very early days for this squad of players "and we aint seen nothing yet" just wait till they rearly get going, Classy Norwich will be the buz word soon and other teams will tremble in their boots at the thought of playing us, Bring it on.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="AndyJR"]I have absolutely no intention of keeping my feet on the ground come Wednesday evening.  Ably encouraged by a few pre-match beverages, I shall be dinging my way down to the field of dreams, lit by floodlight on a beautiful autumnal evening.  There I shall sing my heart out, in recognition of an excellent team performance and a team, capable of taking us to the promised land - all in time for a small night cap on my way home.

Otbc!!  [:D]
[/quote]

Good for you, but been here too many times, and it feels twice as bad coming down if you are floating too high lol [:)]

[/quote]

I understand what you''re saying WAY,but isn''t that what being a fan is all about? Yes,you can be rational and level headed about every other team in the League,but not your''s! Only your own team creates that funny feeling in the pit of your stomach (or it could have been the curry!)  and those wild imaginings in your mind.I spend every working day being sober and rational and making informed decisions.When it comes to football I lose those restrictions.Yes,it hurts when you fall from a height,but even that is worth it for the view while you''re up there!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree with all that Ray, you can indeed build a decent side with very little money but the problem is that you can''t sustain it. The rich kids just make your best players an offer they can''t refuse. That''s why some teams that get promoted have a good first season and then crash out the second season.

I think Glenn could build us a good side and the early signs are that this is a job in progress but what happens when the big boys say thanks very much for blooding our promising young''uns but we now want them back?

Money is everything in the modern game and the model of a well run locally funded club in the Prem  is over. It won''t be long before you can say the same about the Championship.

[quote user="ricardo"]I agree with all that Ray, you can indeed build a decent side with very little money but the problem is that you can''t sustain it. The rich kids just make your best players an offer they can''t refuse. That''s why some teams that get promoted have a good first season and then crash out the second season.

I think Glenn could build us a good side and the early signs are that this is a job in progress but what happens when the big boys say thanks very much for blooding our promising young''uns but we now want them back?

Money is everything in the modern game and the model of a well run locally funded club in the Prem  is over. It won''t be long before you can say the same about the Championship.

[/quote]unfortunately you''re right, never again will we see examples of what Brian Clough did at Derby and Forest, taking smallish sides and building great sides at the top of english football without spending a fortune,  a more recent example was us consistently challenging the top5/6 with a relatively cheap side playing good football in the 80''s and early 90''s, however this won''t be done again without great amounts of money, as ricardo said any good players at smaller clubs are just snapped up by big clubs and only used as squad players, 15 years ago the quality squad players at Utd or Chelsea would be playing for other sides making the league far more competitive