Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

Smudgers Report

Last night was really disappointing and I do find myself agreeing with much of what Smudger says.Inevitably those who were talking about single swallows after Saturday will be gleefully getting out the "relegation certainties" arguments,as if one performance defines a 46 game season.

We were shocking last night,without doubt,and credit to QPR who were excellent.Kennedy''s injury is a worry,as I thought he looked strong last night,particularly given that Dejan was having a shocker alongside him,and Sibierski and Lupoli looked jaded and short of match fitness.Once again I was mystified by OJ not being used.As with the Birmingham game Cureton contributed absolutely nothing and looks totally out of his depth.The major area of concern was the midfield,as Marshmallow Man pointed out.Hoolahan is confusing workrate with penetration and doesn''t look the player he did at Blackpool,whereas Fotheringham seemed to think that we were protecting a lead in the second half,given his predeliction for going backwards or sideways,and Rusty got muscled off the ball more than I''ve seen him for some time.There were very few plus points.

So,does that make us a bottom third side? There will be many on here who will be all too ready to jump to that conclusion,but I don''t think so.This was a bad day at the office and we will learn from it.We showed against Brum that we CAN compete with the best when we up our workrate and intensity,but we are not good enough to win games in third gear,which is where we were last night.I''m gutted,more so because I''m going on holiday tomorrow and will miss the Sheffield Utd game, but not overly downhearted,because this is a much better side than we had last season. It seems to be part of our make up as City supporters to tend to the negative and compare ourselves unfavourably with others,but football support is about passion for your side even when things aren''t going well rather than pragmatism.If I was being pragmatic I''d support Chelsea,or whoever happened to be winning everything.We''ll bounce back on Saturday!

[quote user="AndyJR"]It was an off game, please don''t everyone start baying for blood.  Don''t jump on Smudger''s bandwagon - his article tonight has been the easiest he will ever write. 

Andy.

[/quote]

If you ttruely believe that the QPR game was a one off Andy, then you''re in for a nasty shock on Saturday!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="AndyJR"]It was an off game, please don''t everyone start baying for blood.  Don''t jump on Smudger''s bandwagon - his article tonight has been the easiest he will ever write. 

Andy.

[/quote]

If you ttruely believe that the QPR game was a one off Andy, then you''re in for a nasty shock on Saturday!

[/quote]

Only one way to find out.

would have been interesting to read smudgers report had we won 3-0 and played well ? maybe i`m a bit cynical but i very much doubt there would have been a smudgers report to read

[quote user="ricardo"]

No wonder they played poorly Smudge. You seem to have put the tizzy on them.

You unfortunately witnessed the worst performance of the season.

[/quote]

lol... the less I say about the only game I saw in the flesh last season the better then.

I promise I will try to stay away from Carrow Road again in future... let them free tickets flutter in somebody elses direction.

this was the worst performance of the season and and whilst i agree we have played some very good football at times this season the fact remains we have only won 1 out of 7 and it''s just not good enoough!

I''d like to hope though that russell''s poor performance was simply down to his injury as he''s been one of our better players this season & i can''t fault our new central defensive partnership (hope kennedy''s injury isn''t too bad)

on another note i think smudger has every right to complain in the manner he does as do any of us, even as recently as the start of last season i defended the board and thought things could be turned around but last nights perfromance just goes to show the complete lack of investment in the team by the empire of delia!

Delia must sell up and leave now and i say fair play to smudger cos he saw that before anyone.

DELIA OUT, DELIA OUT, DELIA OUT

[quote user="ched seven"]would have been interesting to read smudgers report had we won 3-0 and played well ? maybe i`m a bit cynical but i very much doubt there would have been a smudgers report to read[/quote]

Well seeing as we haven''t scored 3 since god knows when and we haven''t kept a clean sheet all season there was little chance of that ever happening was there?

I must say that I was slightly impressed with a few of the players... but we still look a long way short of having the quality to threaten the top half of the table, let alone the promotion shake up.

Pretty football but no penetration... unless we scuffed on in from a corner or something we would not of scored if we were there all night.

I wonder if there is another free or cheap ticket gooing this Saturday?

Will be interesting to see if yesterday was just a one off or if that is going to be the real story of this season.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="ched seven"]would have been interesting to read smudgers report had we won 3-0 and played well ? maybe i`m a bit cynical but i very much doubt there would have been a smudgers report to read[/quote]

Well seeing as we haven''t scored 3 since god knows when and we haven''t kept a clean sheet all season there was little chance of that ever happening was there?

I must say that I was slightly impressed with a few of the players... but we still look a long way short of having the quality to threaten the top half of the table, let alone the promotion shake up.

Pretty football but no penetration... unless we scuffed on in from a corner or something we would not of scored if we were there all night.

Will be interesting to see if yesterday was just a one off or if that is going to be the real story of this season.[/quote]Freebies and cheap smudger! Aren''t those the very things that you condemn this board for?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"]

Will be interesting to see if yesterday was just a one off or if that is going to be the real story of this season.[/quote]Freebies and cheap smudger! Aren''t those the very things that you condemn this board for?

[/quote]

Would get my wallet out if it was worth paying for Lappin.

Until they invest some money in the team though, mine will be staying firmly in the same place.

No harm in giving one of the many foolish somebody to sit alongside and a few quid or a pint or two for a spare ticket now and again is there???

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]Would get my wallet out if it was worth paying for Lappin.

Until they invest some money in the team though, mine will be staying firmly in the same place.

No harm in giving one of the many foolish somebody to sit alongside and a few quid or a pint or two for a spare ticket now and again is there???[/quote]There you have it in a nutshell smudger. You are asking other people to spend their money but you''re not prepared to spend your own for the same cause. That I think is called hypocrisy! 

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

least you actually went to the game smudger.. fair play to you... Filbert street on Saturday though eh?

Got to agree with Fellas, Omuzusi looks awful... he''s nowhere near championship standard!

Marshall should of done better with the free kick.

jas :)

[/quote]

Filbert Street? I thought Leicester played at the Walkers Stadium nowadays

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

No harm in giving one of the many foolish somebody to sit alongside and a few quid or a pint or two for a spare ticket now and again is there???

[/quote]

It doesn''t matter how you spin it, its still another one of your protests thats failed.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]Would get my wallet out if it was worth paying for Lappin.

No harm in giving one of the many foolish somebody to sit alongside and a few quid or a pint or two for a spare ticket now and again is there???[/quote]There you have it in a nutshell smudger. You are asking other people to spend their money but you''re not prepared to spend your own for the same cause. That I think is called hypocrisy! 

[/quote]

Except they don''t spend the money we give them though, do they Lappin... it all goes in to that mysterious black hole doesn''t it?

So me keepining it where it belongs is called having some sense Lappin and not hypocrisy.

When Delia goes and we have somebody investing in the team at the helm then I will be back with my wallet open.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It doesn''t matter how you spin it, its still another one of your protests thats failed.

[/quote]

What are you talking about dear boy?

You certainly have a very apt name... but please do stop stalking me and taking jibberish... [*-)]

I suppose I''ll have to refresh your memory, you''ve been deriding those who go to Carrow Rd and waffling on about you not going whilst the present set up was in place. I think you even turned down a ticket last season on that priciple, now like a hypocrite you join the rest of the happy clappers. Thats two Smudger protests that have failed, it seems that the only thing your good at is failing.

Thats two Smudger protests that have failed, it seems that the only thing your good at is failing. - LofS

Actually, Smudger is doing remarkably well in his dire predictions, sad to say.  I would rather he was wrong and we did well than he is right and we continue to struggle.  Pennies to pounds, I bet he feels the same way.

Perhaps he was feeling some hope after the win at Plymouth and decided maybe the corner had been turned and should check it out.  It looks like the only corner we turned was one leading to a dead end.

Other than that, your comment was very good, Load of Squit.

Hello Todger - thought you would be on here celebrating our win today.... Perish the thought you only come on when we lose!

[quote user="Fellas"]I was looking forward to a smudger report tonight... [:|]
[/quote]

No Smudger Report because he never went and fell asleep on the sofa... Crofty''s goal did wake him up though!!!

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Fellas"]I was looking forward to a smudger report tonight... [:|][/quote]

No Smudger Report because he never went and fell asleep on the sofa... Crofty''s goal did wake him up though!!!

[/quote]He sounds a bit like a little terrier coming to the end of its life. Curled up on the sofa, Smudger raised his head wistfully as he heard the excited cries of joy as Norwich went a goal up with only seconds left. "They will only be let down again" thought the tired old pooch. "How many times have do they have to be told"[:D]