Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

OT: Funny old game, football...................

Your fine win today came in stoppage time........but some very weird things went on today.

Iwelumo scored a hat trick and was sent off shortly afterwards as was the Wolves keeper in the third minute of stoppage time.

Deep down in the Blue Square, Stevenage scored their third goal in the EIGHTH minute of stoppage time, Rochdale got their winner v Chesterfield in the SEVENTH minute of stoppage time while Daggers missed the chance to get a point from the penalty spot in the FIFTH minute of stoppage time.

Oh, and the Lincoln City team bus chose to take an original route to Brentford.  Supplied by the same firm as the Supporters Club coaches it left at roughly the same time.  Imps supporters were sampling the delights of the Brentford area by about 1.45 but by 3 p.m. kick off the Players were nowhere to be seen - apparently  marooned by the aftermath of an earlier road traffic accident on the slightly different route chosen by their bloke........eventually it kicked off at 3.40.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]sorry to hear colchester lost again - and were booed off according to news report,,,

great looking stadium - liggins was there on look east last night i believe,,,

did lincoln win in the end???

[/quote]

Real problems at Colchester - from 10th in the championship two seasons ago to one from bottom in League One tonight but that''s football and why I believe is why we should all enjoy our good moments when they come.   Incoming managerial change alert.[:P]  There''s not that much wrong with the squad, in my view: I do think we have a tactics problem.  It will be down to the Owner to decide, I believe. 

I do believe that Brentford v Lincoln was a home "nap" for some in Arrdee''s wonderful little game.  They scored first but we didn''t fold and making his first start as first choice our Romanian lad (Naked Wife Piggy Back Round Training Ground) Adi Patulea equalised on the half hour.  We lost our keeper just before half time (thigh strain) but young Ayden stepped in and did a decent job.

Happy Old Imp - a hard fought point away from home 1-1.  Patulea''s going to hit a hat trick against someone before this season is out.[;)]  He''s got that "hunger" thing if anyone knows what I mean.

Saddened Old Ewe: Not into booing myself, never have, never will.  Annoyed to see Lisbie now just used off the bench for Atletico Six Fingers as I thought he would be[:@]  Pity we lost him.

The Canary Girl Upstairs is on a weekend break.

"You won 1-0 in stoppage time, Croft."

"You''re now above Ipswich who only drew with Owls." I offered.

"That''s what really matters," she said.  "Ring you later,Dad."

Hard to argue with that.[;)]

Turmoil at Colchester but I''ll survive.[8-|]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]sorry to hear colchester lost again - and were booed off according to news report,,,great looking stadium - liggins was there on look east last night i believe,,,did lincoln win in the end???

[/quote]

Real problems at Colchester - from 10th in the championship two seasons ago to one from bottom in League One tonight but that''s football and why I believe is why we should all enjoy our good moments when they come.   Incoming managerial change alert.[:P]  There''s not that much wrong with the squad, in my view: I do think we have a tactics problem.  It will be down to the Owner to decide, I believe. 

I do believe that Brentford v Lincoln was a home "nap" for some in Arrdee''s wonderful little game.  They scored first but we didn''t fold and making his first start as first choice our Romanian lad (Naked Wife Piggy Back Round Training Ground) Adi Patulea equalised on the half hour.  We lost our keeper just before half time (thigh strain) but young Ayden stepped in and did a decent job.

Happy Old Imp - a hard fought point away from home 1-1.  Patulea''s going to hit a hat trick against someone before this season is out.[;)]  He''s got that "hunger" thing if anyone knows what I mean.

Saddened Old Ewe: Not into booing myself, never have, never will.  Annoyed to see Lisbie now just used off the bench for Atletico Six Fingers as I thought he would be[:@]  Pity we lost him.

The Canary Girl Upstairs is on a weekend break.

"You won 1-0 in stoppage time, Croft."

"You''re now above Ipswich who only drew with Owls." I offered.

"That''s what really matters," she said.  "Ring you later,Dad."

Hard to argue with that.[;)]

Turmoil at Colchester but I''ll survive.[8-|]

[/quote]wuss your view on the reading phantom goal cam???

Bizarre but it will stand. I think.

As a kid I conceded a goal via a hole in the side netting after narrowing the angle but it still stood.

And later I several times clawed back into play a ball which "if the whole of the ball is deemed to have crossed the goal line, a goal shall be scored" and I never, ever mentioned it to the Ref.[:P]

Unless they are going to change history, it stands.

Although it is also entirely possible that the officials may find themselves with a re-arranged game in Unibond North.

And if both Managers signed off the result and the Home Club telephoned it to the Football League, it stands.

[:|]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Bizarre but it will stand. I think.

As a kid I conceded a goal via a hole in the side netting after narrowing the angle but it still stood.

And later I several times clawed back into play a ball which "if the whole of the ball is deemed to have crossed the goal line, a goal shall be scored" and I never, ever mentioned it to the Ref.[:P]

Unless they are going to change history, it stands.

Although it is also entirely possible that the officials may find themselves with a re-arranged game in Unibond North.

And if both Managers signed off the result and the Home Club telephoned it to the Football League, it stands.

[:|]

[/quote]whats done is done, but surely greater consultation should ensue between all the officials in such extra-ordinary circumstances - i mean, how often will a team complain to the ref that the ball was wide of the post, when given as a goal??? common sense should dictate to the ref that he should consult further - or is that asking too much in the heat of the situation!!!

I''ve reffed at a modest semi pro level (old Southern League ref, lino Third Division Football League of the time) in this game and if my Linesman had flagged for a goal when I was so unsighted or the angle was wrong and that I had no idea myself I would go with my Linesman because I would look to him for the decision.  Often the Ref has little idea about the interplay of shins before the ball goes out for a throw in and only the Lino (usually) can judge whether "the whole of the ball is over the (touch) line." and whose shin it came off last.

Re goals: Once I have given it, I have given it.  Blow, point to Centre Circle.

Personally if it was suggested that the ball had gone wide it is likely I would have gone over to the Linesman, having no doubt to shove the following protesting players out of the way first - "Go away, otherwise you''re going to get booked, all of you if that''s what it takes...now bugger off." and if he stood by his decision I would do the same.

In exactly the same way I would go against the Linesman if I was sighted and disagreed with his "Offside", "Foul" flag, or Goal Award. 

Clearly the current situation appears to have been a complete **** up but I can''t think why anyone wants to do the job in the first place, other than it perpetuates the game.[:|] 

Fortunately, these days, everyone is a Manager and everyone is a Referee as well.[:D]

Speaking of "Funny Old Game...."

Pulled from the comments at Unprofessional Foul:

In scores no one care about, Elgin City was beaten by Albion Rovers 6-1 at home in Scotland''s Third division. I bring it up beacuse Elgin picked up three red cards today. That''s awesome. Also, Elgin''s goal was scored while they were three men down.

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]

Speaking of "Funny Old Game...."

Pulled from the comments at Unprofessional Foul:

In scores no one care about, Elgin City was beaten by Albion Rovers 6-1 at home in Scotland''s Third division. I bring it up beacuse Elgin picked up three red cards today. That''s awesome. Also, Elgin''s goal was scored while they were three men down.

[/quote]

And Walsall had two sent off by the 33rd minute and still won 1-0 away to Brighton.

Cam,

Completely off this topic, but since this is your thread...

I may want to mention the Rosenborg/Stoor saga "in another place", as they say. Googling it doesn''t help me, so I wanted to check that all those details you gave before - the written contract, the faxes, the hiring of a Norwegian lawyer -  were accurate, along with the verbal promise to Iversen. Not that I have any doubts, you understand, but just to be certain. Thanks.