Sign in to follow this  
Karl Pilkington

How informed is the average fan???

I''m sure we all overhear some funny statements from people at Carrow road and a lot of the time I wonder how much attention do a lot of people pay to signings and what is going on at the club. Here are a couple of examples..

1 - I overheard a conversation at half time of the QPR match slagging off Grounds because they had no idea who he was, what position he played, or where he came from.

2 - I also regularly hear Fotheringham called Fotherington.

When people say things like this you can''t take their opinion on the team seriously.

yeah it''s silly to slag of a player because of that

i regularly hear "lightweight" about grounds and stefanovic

people cant seem to grasp how to say otsemobor, its like there is no second o :L

yeah moaning is fun

[quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="Satriales"]Who cares?[/quote]I bet your other 8 posts were really good ones.[/quote]Yes they were!

[quote user="Satriales"][quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="Satriales"]Who cares?[/quote]I bet your other 8 posts were really good ones.[/quote]Yes they were!

[/quote]LOL.  I look forward to number 10.

[quote user="Karl Pilkington"]I''m sure we all overhear some funny statements from people at Carrow road and a lot of the time I wonder how much attention do a lot of people pay to signings and what is going on at the club. Here are a couple of examples..

1 - I overheard a conversation at half time of the QPR match slagging off Grounds because they had no idea who he was, what position he played, or where he came from.

2 - I also regularly hear Fotheringham called Fotherington.

When people say things like this you can''t take their opinion on the team seriously.[/quote]What made me laugh was the guy commentating on the highlights on Virgin Media who seemed to be calling Pattison Pattinson.

On the evidence of the games I''ve been to ............. they know as much about football as I do about make up.

We all know that it''s frustrating to see your team constantly getting beaten, players making mistakes and managers making baffling decisions. That said it''s all part and parcel of being a football supporter. It''s actually got to the point that I dread booking my ticket as I''m never sure which idiotic person will be sat next to/in front of/behind me shouting pointless abuse at individual players or the team as a whole.

I am not somebody that bleeds yellow and green, I go to the games because I love the game and to support my local team. That said I have rather taken them to heart and this season has seen them play some of the most encouraging football since their promotion season.

There really is no point in screaming abuse at players when they miss a sitter, abusing your own players is the most counterproductive thing you can possibly do. Save your negative comments for these boards and the pub after the game. You go to the game as a supporter, if your idea of support is to hurl abuse at your own players then maybe the stadium would be better with 15,000 people who are prepared to support than 25,000 who belittle the team.

I''m now going to put my tin hat on and sit in a bunker and wait for the brigade that say "we pay their wages,we can say what we like"

[quote user="Nuff Said"]What made me laugh was the guy commentating on the highlights on Virgin Media who seemed to be calling Pattison Pattinson.[/quote]Heard that one come up a few times since the dodgy Headingley test selection strangely enough.

My point is that most fans that criticise know very little about the comings and goings and do not seem to pay attention to the news on player signings and general goings on at colney.

People are too quick to jump to conclusions about players before they have seen them play. Decisions will be made purely based on their price tag they arrive for. The bigger the price the better they are.