Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Please keep your feet on the ground!

Yes, it was a great win against the Blades (Marshy is allowed to make vital saves!) and yes, it was our first home win of this campaign, but, let us all guard against getting carried away shall we?.

As we sit in 9th place this morning (Who''s got a nosebleed today?) it would be dead easy to get excited, but for now, just enjoy the wonderful fact that we''re looking down on the on the blue filth today! [:D]

If we''re still in this postion come January, or higher, then trust me, I''m going to start getting really excited myself!

Don''t worry Wiz, my feet are very firmly on the ground.  But you''re right, the league table is looking a lot more palatable this morning; especially as harmony has been restored to the universe and we''re above the scum. [:)]

All quite true about getting carried away Wiz, but it has to be said that the same goes for adverse results when all is apparently doom and gloom: all sides win and all sides lose, but come on here after a defeat and you''d think somebody had died.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Yes, it was a great win against the Blades (Marshy is allowed to make vital saves!) and yes, it was our first home win of this campaign, but, let us all guard against getting carried away shall we?.

As we sit in 9th place this morning (Who''s got a nosebleed today?) it would be dead easy to get excited, but for now, just enjoy the wonderful fact that we''re looking down on the on the blue filth today! [:D]

If we''re still in this postion come January, or higher, then trust me, I''m going to start getting really excited myself!

[/quote]I''ll agree to this if you promise not to be straight on here the next time we lose one game spouting your usual gloom and doom.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

I''ll agree to this if you promise not to be straight on here the next time we lose one game spouting your usual gloom and doom.

[/quote]

Agreed, I''ll hang on a couple of days![;)]

why are you getting promoted again? four days ago you were getting relegated? i think somewhere in the middle of those two will be correct

[quote user="Clipped Canary"]Don''t worry about it We8. We won''t worry about you when Wolves fall apart mid-way through the season! [;)]
[/quote]

[:D] the way we going we wont, but then it be hard to sustain. so keeping mouth firmly shut about the "p" word

[/quote]

I said the same last week Wiz and got somewhat shot down for it, am very glad and happy we have had that vital win at home, but the team needs to be a little more consistent and to get a few more points on the board for me to be jumping up and down with excitement.  Although I have to say every season before this I have got too excited only to be let down by the team.  So I vowed this season to keep my feet firmly planted on the ground, and that''s what I''m doing. [:)]

[quote user="we8wba"]why are you getting promoted again? four days ago you were getting relegated? i think somewhere in the middle of those two will be correct[/quote]

Shut up We8.

btw wiz, best post you''ve ever made!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

I said the same last week Wiz and got somewhat shot down for it, am very glad and happy we have had that vital win at home, but the team needs to be a little more consistent and to get a few more points on the board for me to be jumping up and down with excitement.  Although I have to say every season before this I have got too excited only to be let down by the team.  So I vowed this season to keep my feet firmly planted on the ground, and that''s what I''m doing. [:)]

[/quote]

Now you lovely old 49s you are without doubt the sweetest milk tray ever but I am still concerned about this dancing through the streets half naked , I will ask you once again will it be top half or bottom half ? ....arrdee.

[/quote]

My feet are firmly cemented to the ground

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Now you lovely old 49s you are without doubt the sweetest milk tray ever but I am still concerned about this dancing through the streets half naked , I will ask you once again will it be top half or bottom half ? ....arrdee.

[/quote]

Awwww you are so sweet to me...............[:$]

It depends on how cold it is as to which and how much I will show off whilst dancing down the road lol, corrr blast boyyyyyyy don''t want frost bite on me delicates [:S]

[/quote]

11th place not 9th place.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It depends on how cold it is as to which and how much I will show off whilst dancing down the road lol, corrr blast boyyyyyyy don''t want frost bite on me delicates [:S]

[/quote]

Now you sweet old yellows 49s , you are I know as sweet as the sweetest truffles ever but once again you have misunderstood my post , just  the same as last week , perhaps I can word it differently . Now here we go again , would you be dancing half naked in the street bottom half or top half ?... in the league ? o.k. got it now ?....[:D]....arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Now you sweet old yellows 49s , you are I know as sweet as the sweetest truffles ever but once again you have misunderstood my post , just  the same as last week , perhaps I can word it differently . Now here we go again , would you be dancing half naked in the street bottom half or top half ?... in the league ? o.k. got it now ?....[:D]....arrdee.

[/quote]

lol you know you really do make me smile, and it''s a smile that starts from the inner depths of my soul, it was such a horrid thing when you stopped posting a few weeks back.

As for this dancing in the streets thing, you would have to be there when it''s done, don''t want to take all the mystery out of it do I? [;)][:)]

Wiz tells people not to over-react. Whatever next? Smudger in positive remark shocker? BlyBlyBabes in coherent argument scandal? At last new.pinkun lives up to its name.

By the way, Wiz, I quite agree with you. We played fairly poorly yesterday - there''s a lot of work still to do. But then again, there are lots of players still to come back. Who''d have thought we would have won without Dejan, Kennedy, (even without Doc as back-up) Clingan, Bell and essentially Lupoli and Pattison. A really good result.