Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Raise Funds for Foncy with the Pink un Pickers

What''s this sudden conversion to Liverpool everyone has!!

Sunday is my Ruby wedding anniversary Kathy so keep a look out for the smoke from the candles[:D]

My pick this week is Man City to beat Portsmouth Home win.

Good luck Kathy

[quote user="The Butler"]

What''s this sudden conversion to Liverpool everyone has!!

Sunday is my Ruby wedding anniversary Kathy so keep a look out for the smoke from the candles[:D]

My pick this week is Man City to beat Portsmouth Home win.

Good luck Kathy

[/quote]

Congratulations , you lovely old boy....arrdee.

Morning pickers.

I quite often make my pick from the Spanish league but there''s not an awful lot that jumps out at me from there this week. Atletico Madrid are at home to Recreativo but I wonder how much their excellent performance in Holland on Tuesday has taken out of them. Then I thought about Liverpool to beat Stoke like many others but if Liverpool are going to throw in a poor result it''s bound to be after a Champions League game so I''m steering clear of that one too.

My pick is Birmingham vs Blackpool - HOME WIN

Birmingham have won all three of the home games so far without conceding a goal. Blackpool may have won four points from an available nine but three of those came from beating a struggling Southampton, the other one we just won''t mention [:$]. Can''t see anything other than a Birmingham win, probably by two or three clear goals.

Good luck Kathy [Y].

My selection for this weekend is Spurs to beat Wigan on sunday.

They have met each other 6 times in the premier league and Spurs have won 3 and the other 3 have been draws so the stats are against Wigan. I know Spurs haven''t made the best of starts, but they should have enough firepower to beat Wigan and hopefully move my "nap" record to 3 out of 3!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Good to see Arrdee and Fellas casting their nets far and wide in the search for a good thing. I went to Greece for my nap one week last season and even though I was unsuccessful I still believe it could be a happy hunting ground for us pickers. I remember last season too that we sometimes got strange results on the weekends after the European games. So bearing this in mind I''m going to join my two friends in the Med but my selection will be :-

AEK Athens V Iraklis     Home Win

Good luck Kathy [Y]

Oh and Til 1010 my friend - shame there wasn''t enough lead in your pencil to write us a selection before you left [;)]

[/quote]

Nutty old mate i wanted to have a go at this selection challenge and to help me if ever asked Kathy has picked out and given me some of her draws.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Kathy"]

Evening all.

Gosh! I had no idea I had managed to infiltrate such a bastion of masculinity! Thank you for all your tips. As I am a FreeBet virgin I will certainly be taking them up although I had already spotted a couple of the suggestions myself (Liverpool, Rangers on Sunday). I will have a good look tomorrow and tell you my final selections Friday evening. And then - fingers crossed.

[/quote]Sorry arrdee, I can''t resist........[:$]

That''s the problem Kathy, you should be taking them DOWN! [:S] [:$] [:$]

[/quote]

Now now chaps as Chairman of NCISA i am sure you all realise that Kathy has been working "under me" for over a year now and as Secretary of the Association she has never once hesitated when i have said to her "can you take that down Kathy" at committee meetings.

[/quote]

Did she say ''Can I use your Dictaphone'' ?

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Kathy"]

Evening all.

Gosh! I had no idea I had managed to infiltrate such a bastion of masculinity! Thank you for all your tips. As I am a FreeBet virgin I will certainly be taking them up although I had already spotted a couple of the suggestions myself (Liverpool, Rangers on Sunday). I will have a good look tomorrow and tell you my final selections Friday evening. And then - fingers crossed.

[/quote]Sorry arrdee, I can''t resist........[:$]

That''s the problem Kathy, you should be taking them DOWN! [:S] [:$] [:$]

[/quote]

Now now chaps as Chairman of NCISA i am sure you all realise that Kathy has been working "under me" for over a year now and as Secretary of the Association she has never once hesitated when i have said to her "can you take that down Kathy" at committee meetings.

[/quote]

Did she say ''Can I use your Dictaphone'' ?

[/quote]

Whatever is the Free Bet coming to??????

"Matron take them away!"

not sure if this one has been done before, but......

Barnet vs BURY  - away win

Bury riding high in the league, Barnet at sixes and sevens in the league home and away. Good luck everyone!

League 1 pick for me this week.

Oldham are currently brushing all aside and sitting pretty at the top of the league. they have Huddersfield this week at home... the Hud are currently 1 off bottom and struggling.. No banana Skins this week though and the redult will go according to form

Oldham to Beat Huddersfield!

Good Luck Kathy

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Oldham are currently brushing all aside and sitting pretty at the top of the league. they have Huddersfield this week at home... the Hud are currently 1 off bottom and struggling.. No banana Skins this week though and the redult will go according to form

Good Luck Kathy

[/quote]

Hartlepool Away  I think Jas, not Huddersfield but still a good shout all the same they are going well at top of league 1.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Good Luck Kathy

[/quote]

Hartlepool Away  I think Jas, not Huddersfield but still a good shout all the same they are going well at top of league 1.

[/quote]

whoops.. my Bad.. Huddersfield is next week.. Yep Oldham to beat Hartlepool please Kathy!

jas :)

[quote user="NCFC - Heathrow"]

not sure if this one has been done before, but......

Barnet vs BURY  - away win

Bury riding high in the league, Barnet at sixes and sevens in the league home and away. Good luck everyone!

[/quote]

I am glad you have come on board the Free Bet flight and I know your destination is a win for the Academy , you have joined a whole cargo of City fans , Yes the Free Bet has taken off . It doesn''t matter if your package has been announced before , all I am asking is your "First Choice" Welcome aboard , you lovely old boy.[Y]....arrdee. 

Kathy has asked that i enter into the spirit of things ARRDEE so here goes.Montrose to win at home to East Stirling.

By the way Kathy has just e-mailed me a photo of her with no top on.Before you get carried away it was her sitting in her brand spanking new convertible motor car which she has taken delivery of this morning.Mid life crisis or what.

Now you lovely old Pickers , are there anymore "naps"? have we missed anyone ? I know the talented one tried to squeeze one out of the lovely old hip swaying Johnny but he appears to be "napless" not a squeak from him , who would have thought our very own "Stalker of the yard" could not have a team "banged to rights" .The long arm seems to be very short at the moment , now Johnny you lovely old boy I know you can fit one in somewhere , surely. Good luck Kathy . Talk to you later....arrdee.

You know I cant help noticing that every time I join in a thread on the Pinkun message board it seems to degenerate to smut these days. Never mind. As they say, where''s theres muck there''s money. So I''m going to rise above all that and here goes:

Liverpool v Stoke            home win

Birmingham v Blackpool   home win

Rangers v Motherwell      home win

Stenhousemuir v Berwick   home win

Millwall v Cheltenham    home win

AEK Athens v Iraklis      home win

I chose home wins on statistical grounds. Sorry if I didnt pick yours - nothing personal. Now its in the lap of the gods.

Kathy

ps The Butler. Celebrating your ruby anniversary on the golf course? [:)]

Yes well done Kathy, you wonderful picker you , you have done a magnificent job , I will always remember meeting you a long time ago in that pub in in the City , remember that Kathy? I listened to you talking about football and I knew that you had it up "top" and now it has all come to fruition on the Free Bet ,Raise funds for Foncy.

Perhaps that was why you were put on this earth , to win funds for Foncy and help our wonderful Academy . I am sorry you had to run the gauntlet of those silly old men like Lapp , who gets more sillier as he gets older and the "napless" one,  take no notice of those old timers Kathy , just remember us young ones , we are all wishing you the best Kathy , you lovely young lady. I will talk to you later ....arrdee.

[quote user="Kathy"]

You know I cant help noticing that every time I join in a thread on the Pinkun message board it seems to degenerate to smut these days. Never mind. As they say, where''s theres muck there''s money. So I''m going to rise above all that and here goes:

I chose home wins on statistical grounds. Sorry if I didnt pick yours - nothing personal. Now its in the lap of the gods.

Kathy

[/quote]

looks good [Y] good luck

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Looking good to me. Glad some posters looked to Greece as I noticed a lot of heavy favourites in that part of the world!

Best of luck Kathy.
[/quote]

lol. i''ve never heard of ''Iraklis'' before [:S] ... must be pretty awful so hopefully Athens will stuff them.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Kathy has asked that i enter into the spirit of things ARRDEE so here goes.Montrose to win at home to East Stirling.

By the way Kathy has just e-mailed me a photo of her with no top on.Before you get carried away it was her sitting in her brand spanking new convertible motor car which she has taken delivery of this morning.Mid life crisis or what.

[/quote]

Sorry Johnny I didn''t see your "nap" tucked away at the bottom there , It doesn''t seem to have made much of an impression with a certain young lady but err!!..err!! I like it if that helps ,welcome on board you lovely old boy....arrdee.

[quote user="Kathy"]

Kathy

[/quote]

Can''t argue Kathy I''ve got five of your selections on my accumulators which were handed to the bookmaker this morning.(unfortunately Greek games aren''t on it) 

Good Luck for Super Saturday