Sign in to follow this  
Mr Magoo

Marshall, Rusty and Croft

This has probably been discussed yesterday, but imo outstanding displays from all three of them against Sheffield. Would have made marshall mom, due to save prior to Crofty breaking away and scoring. However would not argue with anyone giving mom to either of the others. First time in a long time that I felt proud of some of our players, nice feeling to have back.Any thoughts?

Marshall - agreed.

Croft - fairly standard Croft performance until the last minute.

Russell - totally off the pace, probably the least effective player on the pitch. But then you would be if you''d just played three games in a week after recovering from a hernia operation. Total respec'' to him for playing through the pain.

Marshall made several very good saves, Croft played well, thought he looked a little tired for most of the 2nd half but then came up with a great winner. Was a little disapointed with rusty yesterday, thought we lost the midfield battle overall.

OTBC

[quote user="Canaries87"]

Marshall made several very good saves, Croft played well, thought he looked a little tired for most of the 2nd half but then came up with a great winner. Was a little disapointed with rusty yesterday, thought we lost the midfield battle overall.

OTBC

[/quote]

Agreed with everything you said, midfield was weak after Patty went off and I don''t even particularly rate him anyway. Must mention Drury though, thought his defending was superb yesterday.

Looks like I have to accept that rusty was not as good as i had thought, maybe just comparing to Fotheringham made me see him favourably? re: Drury, was good to see him back, he did what he does well, but I for one do think that Bertrand has everything that Drury has, plus some. Bertrand is a more rounded player, more intelligent in his reading of the game and much better passer of the ball.

[quote user="Mr Magoo"]Looks like I have to accept that rusty was not as good as i had thought, maybe just comparing to Fotheringham made me see him favourably?

re: Drury, was good to see him back, he did what he does well, but I for one do think that Bertrand has everything that Drury has, plus some. Bertrand is a more rounded player, more intelligent in his reading of the game and much better passer of the ball.
[/quote]

I just have a soft spot for Drury since he lifted that trophy on the City hall balcony! Bertrand is better going forward, but Drury is solid enough. Can''t believe how much we seem to miss Clingan - he''s our only creative player!! Fozzy just keeps ON giving the ball away, he wants too much time on the ball and it drives me nuts.

Gremlin, I have to agree, Fotheringham was awful. I cant see how he will stay in the team when Clingan is fit, but will GR drop his captain?

[quote user="Mr Magoo"]Gremlin, I have to agree, Fotheringham was awful. I cant see how he will stay in the team when Clingan is fit, but will GR drop his captain?
[/quote]

In a word, No.

After watching the game yesterday i was so pleased with croft, he even delivered a good ball into the box in the second half. IMHO though up until 70 minutes every goal kick from hand or on the ground, every dead ball, free kick etc was aimed at Sibierskis head. It doesnt take a genius for shef united to double up the marking on him and nothing came off. After 70 mins, hoolahoop came on, marshall worked out that kicking to Sibs was not working and then we played on the deck and for the final 20 mins i thought we played a lot better. Im fustrated though that it took us 70 mins to work it out and only about twice in the whole game did we play out from the back. A lot to work on but pleased with the win.

[quote user="gremlin griggs"]all three played well some people moaned at rusty and our midfield was overran that was due to fotheringham having another poor game[/quote]

No I disagree, Fozzy was poor but it wasn''t just him, Rusty also had little influence on the game, especially by his standards.

OTBC

We all love a scapegoat at Norwich and it seems Fozzy is the one at the moment. Yes he is the captain and should be leading more by example and more thrusting forward passes but I could hear people just about willing for him to fail. I thought he was average yesterday, so too Rusty. They both need to improve by far, but let not starting making this personal.

Thought the best two players were Marshall,  who was streets ahead of probably grounds.

Rusty was poor in two positions,  while crofts performance has been masked by a great winning goal...

[quote user="Mr Magoo"]Looks like I have to accept that rusty was not as good as i had thought, maybe just comparing to Fotheringham made me see him favourably?

re: Drury, was good to see him back, he did what he does well, but I for one do think that Bertrand has everything that Drury has, plus some. Bertrand is a more rounded player, more intelligent in his reading of the game and much better passer of the ball.
[/quote]

Are you sure? he is very weak, could not control the ball very well ethier, and his crossing is not brilliant, he does not block crosses as well as drury, and does not cover CB position very well etheir

Have to disagree 100% Drury passing is poor, he only has one real pass where he will chip the ball into a hopefull area on the left side, he certainly does not have a range of passing skills to draw upon. Also going forward he has always struggled, it is rare that he does launch a foray upfield, but when he does it is very rare that it comes to much.

Dont get me wrong I loike Drury and think that he is a solid left back. Unfortunately that is all he is. He is not creative or versatile, whereas imo Bertrand is and he offers the team much more over 90 mins.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Rusty was poor in two positions,  while crofts performance has been masked by a great winning goal...[/quote]

agreed Zipper.. Croft went missing for most of the 2nd half!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Rusty was poor in two positions,  while crofts performance has been masked by a great winning goal...[/quote]

agreed Zipper.. Croft went missing for most of the 2nd half!

jas :)

[/quote]

On the bright side, croft lasted 90 minutes. Well kind of, admittedly he went missing for most of the second half, but he still ran alot, and still had enough energy for the final 10 minute push. Something which has been quite rare from Croft when has started.