Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

When was the last, last minute winner at the Barclay end?

I''m struggling to remember !, given that the various captains of this football club seem to have favoured attacking the river end in the second half for at least the last decade, this maybe a harder question that many may think.

I can recall Neil Adams'' injury time winner against Leeds in 95/95 ?, but it surely couldn''t possibly be that, could it?

I''ve set down that marker - any advance anyone?

[quote user="wrightycool"]

I remember the Norwich 4-4 Boro in the premiership

We scored 3 last minute goals! But i think that was in the N&P

[/quote]

adam drury scored a wonderful header in the river end

[quote user="C T has left the building "][quote user="wrightycool"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ha Ha, Drury - Wonderful.

This is a rarity!

[quote user="yellow blood"]Steve Bruce - Milk Cup semi...not the last one but a bloody brilliant one![/quote]  I was there for that game and I can''t remember too many last minute goals for us at the Barclay End.

[quote user="wrightycool"][quote user="C T has left the building "][quote user="wrightycool"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

This is a rarity!

[/quote]

another person who dosnt watch football

Ched Evans was the last player to score at the barclay.. Vs QPR last season.. not sure who got the last last minute goal at the barclay.. something tells me Iwan Roberts though

jas :)

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

I''m struggling to remember !, given that the various captains of this football club seem to have favoured attacking the river end in the second half for at least the last decade, this maybe a harder question that many may think.

I can recall Neil Adams'' injury time winner against Leeds in 95/95 ?, but it surely couldn''t possibly be that, could it?

I''ve set down that marker - any advance anyone?

[/quote]

That was the one that came immediately to mind MNC.

We don''t kick that way very often as the team seem to prefer kicking downhill the second half. There is indeed a very slight gradient running down to the River End according to the players and they seem to have choosen this direction for many years now.

I can recall several last minute goals at the River End since Neil Adams goal at the Barclay. McVeigh, Malky and Mulryne all scored last minute efforts in our promotion year and of course Drury''s equalizer against Boro in the Prem.

The most memorable last minute goal at the Barclay End has got to be Steve Bruce''s winner against Ipswich in the Milk Cup Semi Final (1985).

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

Malky''s goal against Palace in the championship season maybe, in the first of our series of lucky and late 2-1 wins.

[/quote]

think you might be right here Tim

[quote user="Ginger Pele"][quote user="wrightycool"][quote user="C T has left the building "][quote user="wrightycool"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

This is a rarity!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Says the person who''s name relates to possibly the worst defender i have ever seen grace the hallowed turf.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Tim Allman"]

Malky''s goal against Palace in the championship season maybe, in the first of our series of lucky and late 2-1 wins.

[/quote]

[/quote]Thats the one that springs to mind for me. Think Mcveigh scored a long range deflected goal to beat Derby a week later in front of the N+P, but Malkys was last in the barclay as far as im aware.

[quote user="wrightycool"][quote user="Ginger Pele"][quote user="wrightycool"][quote user="C T has left the building "][quote user="wrightycool"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

This is a rarity!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Says the person who''s name relates to possibly the worst defender i have ever seen grace the hallowed turf.

[/quote]Again, you''ve simply proved you don''t watch a lot of football at Carrow Road.When was the last time you went?How many games a season?Or maybe you do go regularly and are just completely clueless about football.

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Tim Allman"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats the one that springs to mind for me. Think Mcveigh scored a long range deflected goal to beat Derby a week later in front of the N+P, but Malkys was last in the barclay as far as im aware.

[/quote]

McVeigh’s long range deflected goal was against Reading and from memory was around 85 minutes.

Derby was the game where they got an pen from a dreadful decision, and Iwan scored a twice taken spot-kick and then Mulryne scored at the death. Harper got a red card and we were very ordinary that evening. I’ve never quite worked out how we won that one. 

Both goals were at the River End.

[quote user="Tim Allman"][quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Tim Allman"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Thats the one that springs to mind for me. Think Mcveigh scored a long range deflected goal to beat Derby a week later in front of the N+P, but Malkys was last in the barclay as far as im aware.

[/quote]

McVeigh’s long range deflected goal was against Reading and from memory was around 85 minutes.

Derby was the game where they got an pen from a dreadful decision, and Iwan scored a twice taken spot-kick and then Mulryne scored at the death. Harper got a red card and we were very ordinary that evening. I’ve never quite worked out how we won that one. 

[/quote]Yes that rings a bell, that was the derby match where they equalised even deeper into injury time only for it to be disallowed for a blatant handball?

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="Tim Allman"][quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Tim Allman"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats the one that springs to mind for me. Think Mcveigh scored a long range deflected goal to beat Derby a week later in front of the N+P, but Malkys was last in the barclay as far as im aware.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes that rings a bell, that was the derby match where they equalised even deeper into injury time only for it to be disallowed for a blatant handball?
[/quote]

That''s the one. Good times.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

[/quote]I''ve got a feeling that might''ve been about 5 mins from the end.But I might be wrong.

You are wrong [:P]It was in the last minute of normal time (or maybe, just maybe it was the 89th minute) and I am pretty sure that was indeed the last one before Saturday.

I thought it was malkay as well (he scored a last minute header against the scummers as well but it weren''t a winner).

I guess technically the last last-minute winner at the Barclay end would be Shefki Kuqi for Palace a couple of years ago.

how has no-one mentiond the winner by Kevin Drinkell - fired into the Barclay goal - to give us a 2-1 win against Liverpool (when they were MASSIVE) in the 80''s. My favourite memory ever- I danced home a happy little boy.

probably because it was at the River End - cracking match !!!

Liverpool never lost when Rush scored - they did that day  

What about the winner against QPR, the match where Diop played superbly and then had to be hauled off for spitting at the away support. ...something like 2003 maybe. My memory is hazy but that was a great match   [:D]