Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

In my view...

I was very surprised Bentley came off (unless he was carrying an injury from the Dyer tackle) as he was sensational in midfield. I must admit, I was surprised Francis was voted man of the match. He did Ok but gave the ball away an awful lot, as did Holt.

I think if there is one area we can improve in is not to give the ball away. A professional footballer on £1000''s per week should be able to pass a simple ball to your team-mate, it''s schoolboy stuff...not keep giving it away.

Still, to come back from 2-0 down at Newcastle was fantastic and there were other chances where we could have won the game!

I was actually disappointed not to have won, yet I would never have thought that before the match!

Well done everyone!

OK So maybe I wont make many friends with this but I was completely behind Worthy subbing Bentley. For me so for this season he has been a bit of a one trick pony (ok without his goal it could have been very different) I only recall the one good ball over the top to hucks on sat other than that it has been go for the spectacular.

I guess Hucks was probably a bit like that when he was younger. These days he is much more of a team player which works well.

Hucks isnt the greatest finisher In the world but he is a great player. go on worthy put him back on the left !

I thought bentley was a much bigger threat than hucks until late on, but I think there''s room for both still. I still say if you play bentley in his natural position we''ll see the best of him. but isn''t it great to have the quality attacking options, now if we''d just get that other striker we''d be flying.

I thought Bentley was very skilfull last night and showed some very good touches. That tackle looked to me as if it must have hurt and I would imagine a sizeable bruise in the morning, so a substitution was not a total surprise. The way he went from box to box for his goal was fantastic, Given had a shocker, thankfully, with the shot. I still think it will take a bit more time before the other players get used to his game though. His through balls into space look hopeless, if the other players are not prepared for them, this obviously takes time. I think he will prove a real asset.

He will be a big asset - but he needs to pass it to the person standing near him, in a yellow shirt.

It''s really not that hard.

But he is a fantastic player, and when he learns that repeatedly gambling on passes that are very unlikely to happen, he will be senational.

Bentley is a young player who already has great skill and enormous potential.

However, he''s only played a handful of games at this level and is on a steep learning curve.

Wenger has clearly loaned him out so he can start to fulfil his vast potential and he needs time to mark his mark at this level. Not everyone can start their career like Michael Owen or Wayne Rooney did.

Let''s give the boy a chance and bring him on slowly.

OTBC