Sign in to follow this  
BlueJam

Some City Fans Are Destroying Our Club

[quote user="Strawberry"]

You claim that "Some City Fans Are Destroying Our Club".  Are you suggesting that the reason our club has been going down the pan for the past three seasons is because a few fans are having a moan? 

[/quote]

If he is then it makes a pleasant change from posters suggesting our lack of success is down to all us "happy clappy fans" turning up week after week paying homage to Delia and accepting mediocrity.

A change is as good as a rest [;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

You claim that "Some City Fans Are Destroying Our Club".  Are you suggesting that the reason our club has been going down the pan for the past three seasons is because a few fans are having a moan? 

[/quote]

If he is then it makes a pleasant change from posters suggesting our lack of success is down to all us "happy clappy fans" turning up week after week paying homage to Delia and accepting mediocrity.

A change is as good as a rest [;)]

[/quote]

[;)] [:D]

[quote user="Match Day Pie"]There were a couple of positive callers on Canary Call after the QPR game saying much the same as you, BlueJam. Did you not hear them?[/quote]Yes I did, and I was delighted. But they are an exception rather than the rule.

[quote user="BlueJam"][quote user="Match Day Pie"]There were a couple of positive callers on Canary Call after the QPR game saying much the same as you, BlueJam. Did you not hear them?[/quote]Yes I did, and I was delighted. But they are an exception rather than the rule.[/quote]Do you actually beleive that?  Personally I would say that is more down to Radio Norfolk than an overall view of City fans.

[quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="BlueJam"][quote user="Match Day Pie"]There were a couple of positive callers on Canary Call after the QPR game saying much the same as you, BlueJam. Did you not hear them?[/quote]Yes I did, and I was delighted. But they are an exception rather than the rule.[/quote]Do you actually beleive that?  Personally I would say that is more down to Radio Norfolk than an overall view of City fans.[/quote]No, Radio Norfolk don''t ask you what you are going to say before they put you on air, unless they do these days, they certainly never used to.

[quote user="BlueJam"]I have to say this:

I''ve had a season ticket at City for more years than I care to remember. I''ve seen some good football, some bad football and some truely shocking football. But of late I''ve come to the conclusion that a lot of City fans are ruining the club from the inside, like a rotten apple.

Take Smudgers comments for example. He claims that we had no shots on target against QPR; well I saw several, perhaps he was in the bar or had his back to the pitch for 90 minutes? When it was pointed out that we did have shots on goal, he replies "well I didn''t see many", as though the fact we did have shots on goal didn''t really make any difference to the statement "we didn''t have any shots on goal". I don''t know what thats all about do you?

Several people think that because we had an indifferent performance on Wednesday that we are relagation materiel. Well Manchester united lost to Liverpool and only drew in the Champions League, I expect that Sir Alex has decided to scale down his operations in preperation for Championship football next season, and no European football ever again. I wish them all the best, because they are most certainly doomed, aren''t they?

The less I say about the prize plums that phone Neil Adams during Canary Call the better. The plonker on Wednesday stated that "It was an embarresment; the worst performance he has ever seen at Carrow Road..Blah blah blah". Where has this plonker been since we got relegated from the Premier League? I''d have given my hind teeth for a performance like that over the last three years. The Mr Plonker lives in a dream world. More irritating is the fact the Mr Plonker thinks he is right, when clearly he isn''t. He''s probably one of the same fickle plonkers who text in (to Canary Call) and say we will get automatic promotion after we performed so well against Birmingham.

Notice how after the good performances against Birmingham and Plymouth that Canary Call was struggling for moaners, I mean callers? Funny that.

On the subject of moaning about loan players. We haven''t got the money to buy lots of quality new players, so put up with it. Bertrand, Kennedy and Lupoli would cost just too much money, and yes they do the effort in.

Lets face facts here. City put in a below par performance on Wednesday, and failed to beat a 10 man QPR side, who looked a very good side I might add. We a match for them in the first half, and were unlucky to be a goal down (silly from Fozzy and Matty and probably bad goal keeping). But look at the bigger picture. We are playing some neat football, much better than the last few seasons, and yes, better than Worthington style football too. Perhaps not as effective yet, but it will come.

So morale of this post is : stop moaning, it''s sapping the life from us all.

/discuss.
[/quote]

Some fans are destroying this club, namely fans like you Blue Jam!

Its you and your fellow happy clappers who help convince Smith and Jones that things are all well and peachy, sell out crowds for a crap team and board are part of the problem!

I met hundreds of ''head in the sand'' fans like you during the Chase Out days, and no doubt you supported him back then too.

Nothing will ever change at City until the holier than thou fans like you, damn well wake up![8o|]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Its you and your fellow happy clappers who help convince Smith and Jones that things are all well and peachy, sell out crowds for a crap team and board are part of the problem!

I met hundreds of ''head in the sand'' fans like you during the Chase Out days, and no doubt you supported him back then too.

Nothing will ever change at City until the holier than thou fans like you, damn well wake up![8o|]

[/quote]

And bang on cue!

[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

And bang on cue!

[;)]

[/quote]And you thought this thread would take some other direction? [:P]

[quote user="BlueJam"][quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="BlueJam"][quote user="Match Day Pie"]There were a couple of positive callers on Canary Call after the QPR game saying much the same as you, BlueJam. Did you not hear them?[/quote]

Yes I did, and I was delighted. But they are an exception rather than the rule.
[/quote]

Do you actually beleive that?  Personally I would say that is more down to Radio Norfolk than an overall view of City fans.
[/quote]

No, Radio Norfolk don''t ask you what you are going to say before they put you on air, unless they do these days, they certainly never used to.

[/quote] They do ask you what you want to say, presumably so they can weed out the absolute '' nutters '', but if even you don''t stick to the script they don''t normally cut you short for that reason alone.

[quote user="BlueJam"]
I used to feel we were a solid "band of brothers"

[/quote]

I agree.  I''ve been following City since the mid-60s and there was always a sense of togetherness despite differences of opinion.  We were a group of people with only one thing in common: our love of Norwich City which could be expressed in many and various ways, no matter whether your glass was half full or half empty. 

In my view, in the past decade or so there has grown up a different sort of togetherness that depends on everyone thinking alike and suppressing all "negative" thoughts.  Even in the great promotion season of 2003/4 I used to feel there was something ersatz about the atmosphere at CR, something manufactured, and  underlying it there was an element of fear.  We could have a long debate about why and how (and even if) this has happened, but fwiw I feel it lies at the root of our present disunity.  Without realising it, Norwich fans (and I include myself) have bought into an artificial kind of unity that depends on suspension of dissent.

But there are times when dissent is both valid and important, and if it destroys unity that''s because there was no genuine unity in the first place.  Criticism of what''s going on at Carrow Road generates a much higher level of anxiety and fear of disintegration than it ought to.  We''ve forgotten that old genuine bond we used to have which was strong enough and genuine enough to accept the doomsayers in our midst (they''ve always been there you know).  This is what''s destroying our club, not the fans themselves.

Can we get it back, and how do we go about it?  I don''t know, but the first step is to realise what we''ve lost.

Don''t post on here very often, but have got to comment on what a complete dick that Wizard is, you are clueless about football and just moan about everthing, you are so predictable.

I think Bluejams post is the best for a while.

Only one gripe from me and that is I couldn''t believe how quite the ground was as soon as we went one nil down.

[quote user="jc7"]

you are clueless about football and just moan about everthing, you are so predictable.

[/quote]

As are you matey, as are you![:D]

[quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="BlueJam"]I have to say this:

I''ve had a season ticket at City for more years than I care to remember. I''ve seen some good football, some bad football and some truely shocking football. But of late I''ve come to the conclusion that a lot of City fans are ruining the club from the inside, like a rotten apple.

Take Smudgers comments for example. He claims that we had no shots on target against QPR; well I saw several, perhaps he was in the bar or had his back to the pitch for 90 minutes? When it was pointed out that we did have shots on goal, he replies "well I didn''t see many", as though the fact we did have shots on goal didn''t really make any difference to the statement "we didn''t have any shots on goal". I don''t know what thats all about do you?

Several people think that because we had an indifferent performance on Wednesday that we are relagation materiel. Well Manchester united lost to Liverpool and only drew in the Champions League, I expect that Sir Alex has decided to scale down his operations in preperation for Championship football next season, and no European football ever again. I wish them all the best, because they are most certainly doomed, aren''t they?

The less I say about the prize plums that phone Neil Adams during Canary Call the better. The plonker on Wednesday stated that "It was an embarresment; the worst performance he has ever seen at Carrow Road..Blah blah blah". Where has this plonker been since we got relegated from the Premier League? I''d have given my hind teeth for a performance like that over the last three years. The Mr Plonker lives in a dream world. More irritating is the fact the Mr Plonker thinks he is right, when clearly he isn''t. He''s probably one of the same fickle plonkers who text in (to Canary Call) and say we will get automatic promotion after we performed so well against Birmingham.

Notice how after the good performances against Birmingham and Plymouth that Canary Call was struggling for moaners, I mean callers? Funny that.

On the subject of moaning about loan players. We haven''t got the money to buy lots of quality new players, so put up with it. Bertrand, Kennedy and Lupoli would cost just too much money, and yes they do the effort in.

Lets face facts here. City put in a below par performance on Wednesday, and failed to beat a 10 man QPR side, who looked a very good side I might add. We a match for them in the first half, and were unlucky to be a goal down (silly from Fozzy and Matty and probably bad goal keeping). But look at the bigger picture. We are playing some neat football, much better than the last few seasons, and yes, better than Worthington style football too. Perhaps not as effective yet, but it will come.

So morale of this post is : stop moaning, it''s sapping the life from us all.

/discuss.
[/quote]

Great post BlueJam,and you are absolutely right.However,like me when I first joined the forum,you are seeing the attitudes of an insignificant minority as representative.There is a huge diversity of opinion regarding Delia, the Cullum issue and so on,but most people want the club to do well,even if our expectations and hopes fluctuate.

Sadly,however there are a hardcore who are just waiting for something negative to happen so that they can crawl from their holes and whine about how things will only improve if...(insert personal agenda here)...They are NOT City fans,but self obsessed barroom pundits who find,in the anonymity that the board offers,an opportunity to be self important.It would be instructive to look at board appearances over the last week.Certain,otherwise ubiquitous, posters hardly showed up between Saturday and Wednesday,yet,amazingly,have hardly been able to break free from their keyboards in the last couple of days.Its truly pathetic,but its good to see another new poster who cares about the club.

[/quote]

So to question the team when they struggle/underperform means you dont support the club? Another genious comment from Beaseant. Well done. You''re lack of passion and ambition is quite frankly sickening.

[/quote]

Your ignorance never ceases to amaze me.Where did I say we shouldn''t criticise the team for bad performances? I actually said that we were pathetic on Wednesday.

Just because the cap fits you so snugly don''t try to wriggle out by misquoting me AGAIN. As for me being a genius,I would say only when set against you.

[quote user="jc7"]

Don''t post on here very often, but have got to comment on what a complete dick that Wizard is, you are clueless about football and just moan about everthing, you are so predictable.

Only one gripe from me and that is I couldn''t believe how quite the ground was as soon as we went one nil down.

You should ask Wiz how many games he goes to.The answer,if given truthfully,will be illuminating.Another cosy armchair pundit .

[/quote]

[quote user="BlueJam"]

[/quote]

I agree.  I''ve been following City since the mid-60s and there was always a sense of togetherness despite differences of opinion.  We were a group of people with only one thing in common: our love of Norwich City which could be expressed in many and various ways, no matter whether your glass was half full or half empty. 

In my view, in the past decade or so there has grown up a different sort of togetherness that depends on everyone thinking alike and suppressing all "negative" thoughts.  Even in the great promotion season of 2003/4 I used to feel there was something ersatz about the atmosphere at CR, something manufactured, and  underlying it there was an element of fear.  We could have a long debate about why and how (and even if) this has happened, but fwiw I feel it lies at the root of our present disunity.  Without realising it, Norwich fans (and I include myself) have bought into an artificial kind of unity that depends on suspension of dissent.

But there are times when dissent is both valid and important, and if it destroys unity that''s because there was no genuine unity in the first place.  Criticism of what''s going on at Carrow Road generates a much higher level of anxiety and fear of disintegration than it ought to.  We''ve forgotten that old genuine bond we used to have which was strong enough and genuine enough to accept the doomsayers in our midst (they''ve always been there you know).  This is what''s destroying our club, not the fans themselves.

Can we get it back, and how do we go about it?  I don''t know, but the first step is to realise what we''ve lost.

[/quote]

So the fans are different now? I don''t think so.

Back in the 60''s, after a few years standing still, fans wanted the manager sacked, fans wanted Watling gone, all because good players  got sold and we weren''t winning games. Then we started winning games and everything was fine. Now Watling is No.1 choice  for a statue!

Now this decade we started off standing still, fans wanted managers sacked, fans wanted the board gone. But then we started winning games and everything was fine. The manager was the right choice all along and Delia was No. 1 candidate for a statue! But then we started to lose games and the club wasn''t going anywhere again so fans wanted the manager sacked, then the board gone.

It''s what football fans do. Why do you think it''s different today?

My guess is what''s different is we have access to so much more information and so many more fans opinions. Back in the day we didn''t even have Canary Call let alone forums like this. But now we have those things and they are a vehicle for a different type of fan to have their views aired. While their opinions are valid, everybody has the right to have their voice heard, back in the 60''s you would never have heard them.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="jc7"]

You should ask Wiz how many games he goes to.The answer,if given truthfully,will be illuminating.Another cosy armchair pundit .

[/quote]

[/quote]Sadly, it seems to be the trend. I KNOW there are quite a lot of TRUE Norwich fans that read these posts but far too many don''t post as they are fed up of all the negativity.. Yes, we are all entitled to our opinions but I also think that Bluejam''s post is possibly the best post I have read for a long time and there are more than one or two of you that should read it and understand!

A really long shot I know but what if..... one or two of the team reads these posts, how would it make you feel if you were shot down time and time again, how many times would it take for you not to bother getting up again...?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

My guess is what''s different is we have access to so much more information and so many more fans opinions. Back in the day we didn''t even have Canary Call let alone forums like this. But now we have those things and they are a vehicle for a different type of fan to have their views aired. While their opinions are valid, everybody has the right to have their voice heard, back in the 60''s you would never have heard them.

[/quote]Agree with that.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

You forgot to mention my 50+ years of active, home and away, season ticket support pal, I think that qualifies me to have an opinion![:|]

[quote user="BlueJam"][quote user="Strawberry"]

Don''t we all wish it was that simple. [/quote]

I don''t understand what you mean Strawberry? Do you approve of the quite frankly ridiculous moaning, or not?

Beauseant - Absa-ruddy-exactly [:)]

[/quote]

lol you are moaning about people moaning, so that makes you a moaner too does it not? [:S]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="BlueJam"][quote user="Strawberry"]

I don''t understand what you mean Strawberry? Do you approve of the quite frankly ridiculous moaning, or not?

[/quote]

lol you are moaning about people moaning, so that makes you a moaner too does it not? [:S]

[/quote]

Yeah,but we''re moaning positively,lol!

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="BlueJam"][quote user="Strawberry"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah,but we''re moaning positively,lol!

[/quote]

lmao so really we are all moaners in one way or another, so what''s the point of this thread again?  Oh yes to moan about the fact people moan, couldn''t make it up could ya hehehehe [:)]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

You forgot to mention my 50+ years of active, home and away, season ticket support pal, I think that qualifies me to have an opinion![:|]

[/quote]

I don''t question that, and have every respect for it,but you have only seen the new team in one pre-season friendly,so your opinion on it is second hand and therefore less valid than that of those who have actually been to the league games.That''s not having a go,just stating a fact.

But Beusant, Wiz is surely replying to a thread that does not require you to watch the team play. So how is his opinion not valid?

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t question that, and have every respect for it,but you have only seen the new team in one pre-season friendly,so your opinion on it is second hand and therefore less valid than that of those who have actually been to the league games.That''s not having a go,just stating a fact.

[/quote]

Here we go, again, the you''re opinion is less valid than mine debate.

I partly see your point Beauseant, but, that why you have match commentries, heaverly extended Canaries World highlights and respected friends views who were there.

That surely, must gjve a City fan some idea of whats going on, and the fact that a City supporter wasn''t there ( and there are a lot of them on here) shouldn''t give anyone the right to score cheap points off another poster because of it!.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Strawberry"]

[quote user="BlueJam"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So the fans are different now? I don''t think so.

Back in the 60''s, after a few years standing still, fans wanted the manager sacked, fans wanted Watling gone, all because good players  got sold and we weren''t winning games. Then we started winning games and everything was fine. Now Watling is No.1 choice  for a statue!

Now this decade we started off standing still, fans wanted managers sacked, fans wanted the board gone. But then we started winning games and everything was fine. The manager was the right choice all along and Delia was No. 1 candidate for a statue! But then we started to lose games and the club wasn''t going anywhere again so fans wanted the manager sacked, then the board gone.

It''s what football fans do. Why do you think it''s different today?

[/quote]

It''s not the fans who are different, that''s exactly my point.  It''s the sense of disunity created by fans doing what fans have always done. 

I agree that phone ins (which I''ve long since stopped listening to) and message boards tend to magnify the situation but they are not the cause imo. 

Question: What will inspire our players even more, positive fans like me and BlueJam, in the crowd cheering the team on till we can''t speak no more, and cheering the team on when we go a goal down...... OR negative fans like the majority of pinkun users who sit there and moan throughout the game? Put yourself in the players position, hardly going to fill them with confidence is it with your own fans moaning in the background. Wednesday night, during a chorus of Glenn Roeders yellow army the whole of the Barclay, upper and lower were clapping along to it, even if some wasn''t singing, everyone was clapping, I look around the stadium, and apart from the Snakepit, I couldn''t even see anybody clapping in any of the other stands, the N & P stand looked like it was filled with Zombies, is it really that much of an effort to clap your bloody hands? Being loud and supportive really does make a difference on the pitch, countless players have said that, so I think some "fans" need to look at themselves and decide whether Norwich is the club for them, because if they are expecting glory week in week out then Norwich is the wrong club for you, go support Chelsea or United, but for me I love the ups and downs we have with this great club and I do my best to remain positive no matter what situation we face!

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Here we go, again, the you''re opinion is less valid than mine debate.

I partly see your point Beauseant, but, that why you have match commentries, heaverly extended Canaries World highlights and respected friends views who were there.

That surely, must gjve a City fan some idea of whats going on, and the fact that a City supporter wasn''t there ( and there are a lot of them on here) shouldn''t give anyone the right to score cheap points off another poster because of it!.

[/quote]

Fair enough,Wiz. I accept your point and apologise.

[quote user="ellis206"]Question: What will inspire our players even more, positive fans like me and BlueJam, in the crowd cheering the team on till we can''t speak no more, and cheering the team on when we go a goal down...... OR negative fans like the majority of pinkun users who sit there and moan throughout the game? Put yourself in the players position, hardly going to fill them with confidence is it with your own fans moaning in the background. Wednesday night, during a chorus of Glenn Roeders yellow army the whole of the Barclay, upper and lower were clapping along to it, even if some wasn''t singing, everyone was clapping, I look around the stadium, and apart from the Snakepit, I couldn''t even see anybody clapping in any of the other stands, the N & P stand looked like it was filled with Zombies, is it really that much of an effort to clap your bloody hands? Being loud and supportive really does make a difference on the pitch, countless players have said that, so I think some "fans" need to look at themselves and decide whether Norwich is the club for them, because if they are expecting glory week in week out then Norwich is the wrong club for you, go support Chelsea or United, but for me I love the ups and downs we have with this great club and I do my best to remain positive no matter what situation we face!
[/quote]

perhaps they ought to try giving us something to cheer about in the first place Ellis.. it works both ways

jas :)