Sign in to follow this  
BlueJam

Some City Fans Are Destroying Our Club

I have to say this:I''ve had a season ticket at City for more years than I care to remember. I''ve seen some good football, some bad football and some truely shocking football. But of late I''ve come to the conclusion that a lot of City fans are ruining the club from the inside, like a rotten apple. Take Smudgers comments for example. He claims that we had no shots on target against QPR; well I saw several, perhaps he was in the bar or had his back to the pitch for 90 minutes? When it was pointed out that we did have shots on goal, he replies "well I didn''t see many", as though the fact we did have shots on goal didn''t really make any difference to the statement "we didn''t have any shots on goal". I don''t know what thats all about do you?Several people think that because we had an indifferent performance on Wednesday that we are relagation materiel. Well Manchester united lost to Liverpool and only drew in the Champions League, I expect that Sir Alex has decided to scale down his operations in preperation for Championship football next season, and no European football ever again. I wish them all the best, because they are most certainly doomed, aren''t they? The less I say about the prize plums that phone Neil Adams during Canary Call the better. The plonker on Wednesday stated that "It was an embarresment; the worst performance he has ever seen at Carrow Road..Blah blah blah". Where has this plonker been since we got relegated from the Premier League? I''d have given my hind teeth for a performance like that over the last three years. The Mr Plonker lives in a dream world. More irritating is the fact the Mr Plonker thinks he is right, when clearly he isn''t. He''s probably one of the same fickle plonkers who text in (to Canary Call) and say we will get automatic promotion after we performed so well against Birmingham.Notice how after the good performances against Birmingham and Plymouth that Canary Call was struggling for moaners, I mean callers? Funny that.On the subject of moaning about loan players. We haven''t got the money to buy lots of quality new players, so put up with it. Bertrand, Kennedy and Lupoli would cost just too much money, and yes they do the effort in.Lets face facts here. City put in a below par performance on Wednesday, and failed to beat a 10 man QPR side, who looked a very good side I might add. We a match for them in the first half, and were unlucky to be a goal down (silly from Fozzy and Matty and probably bad goal keeping). But look at the bigger picture. We are playing some neat football, much better than the last few seasons, and yes, better than Worthington style football too. Perhaps not as effective yet, but it will come. So morale of this post is : stop moaning, it''s sapping the life from us all. /discuss.

Is anyone destroying the club?I am still fairly optimistic for the season ahead, however I more than understand why people are showing frustration about Wednesday.  The QPR game is not a problem in it''s own right but over several seasons that type of performance has been the rule not the exception.  While I don''t agree with a lot of the reaction, I fully understand where it is coming from,

agree 100%.

I think it''s an english/norfolk trait in alot of people to moan just about everything. I am myself a lower barclay season ticket holder, who will support my team whatever. Sure i came away from Wednesday dissapointed, and yes, i want investement etc etc. BUT what is not in my control, i will not moan about, and continue to support the 11 players on that pitch.

Where did moaning get anyone, anywhere? Nowhere

[quote user="BlueJam"]I have to say this:

I''ve had a season ticket at City for more years than I care to remember. I''ve seen some good football, some bad football and some truely shocking football. But of late I''ve come to the conclusion that a lot of City fans are ruining the club from the inside, like a rotten apple.

Take Smudgers comments for example. He claims that we had no shots on target against QPR; well I saw several, perhaps he was in the bar or had his back to the pitch for 90 minutes? When it was pointed out that we did have shots on goal, he replies "well I didn''t see many", as though the fact we did have shots on goal didn''t really make any difference to the statement "we didn''t have any shots on goal". I don''t know what thats all about do you?

Several people think that because we had an indifferent performance on Wednesday that we are relagation materiel. Well Manchester united lost to Liverpool and only drew in the Champions League, I expect that Sir Alex has decided to scale down his operations in preperation for Championship football next season, and no European football ever again. I wish them all the best, because they are most certainly doomed, aren''t they?

The less I say about the prize plums that phone Neil Adams during Canary Call the better. The plonker on Wednesday stated that "It was an embarresment; the worst performance he has ever seen at Carrow Road..Blah blah blah". Where has this plonker been since we got relegated from the Premier League? I''d have given my hind teeth for a performance like that over the last three years. The Mr Plonker lives in a dream world. More irritating is the fact the Mr Plonker thinks he is right, when clearly he isn''t. He''s probably one of the same fickle plonkers who text in (to Canary Call) and say we will get automatic promotion after we performed so well against Birmingham.

Notice how after the good performances against Birmingham and Plymouth that Canary Call was struggling for moaners, I mean callers? Funny that.

On the subject of moaning about loan players. We haven''t got the money to buy lots of quality new players, so put up with it. Bertrand, Kennedy and Lupoli would cost just too much money, and yes they do the effort in.

Lets face facts here. City put in a below par performance on Wednesday, and failed to beat a 10 man QPR side, who looked a very good side I might add. We a match for them in the first half, and were unlucky to be a goal down (silly from Fozzy and Matty and probably bad goal keeping). But look at the bigger picture. We are playing some neat football, much better than the last few seasons, and yes, better than Worthington style football too. Perhaps not as effective yet, but it will come.

So morale of this post is : stop moaning, it''s sapping the life from us all.

/discuss.
[/quote]

Great post BlueJam,and you are absolutely right.However,like me when I first joined the forum,you are seeing the attitudes of an insignificant minority as representative.There is a huge diversity of opinion regarding Delia, the Cullum issue and so on,but most people want the club to do well,even if our expectations and hopes fluctuate.

Sadly,however there are a hardcore who are just waiting for something negative to happen so that they can crawl from their holes and whine about how things will only improve if...(insert personal agenda here)...They are NOT City fans,but self obsessed barroom pundits who find,in the anonymity that the board offers,an opportunity to be self important.It would be instructive to look at board appearances over the last week.Certain,otherwise ubiquitous, posters hardly showed up between Saturday and Wednesday,yet,amazingly,have hardly been able to break free from their keyboards in the last couple of days.Its truly pathetic,but its good to see another new poster who cares about the club.

[quote user="aka_riise"]

agree 100%.

I think it''s an english/norfolk trait in alot of people to moan just about everything. I am myself a lower barclay season ticket holder, who will support my team whatever. Sure i came away from Wednesday dissapointed, and yes, i want investement etc etc. BUT what is not in my control, i will not moan about, and continue to support the 11 players on that pitch.

Where did moaning get anyone, anywhere? Nowhere

[/quote]Why are peopled can''t to moan on here and still support the 11 players on the pitch.  The two are not mutually exclusive and I would rather people post their frustrations here or on canary call rather than at CR

Why can''t people moan on here and still support the 11

players on the pitch.  The two are not mutually exclusive and I would

rather people post their frustrations here or on canary call rather

than at CR

i agree with your post, most people think we are relegation certs due to the fact we have 6 points from 18. So that must mean the other 15 teams that are below us on points and two points above us must be relegation certs as well. If we had this many points half way through the season then i would be worried.

BUt most people complain for the point of complaining when something goes wrong.

[quote user="Saint Canary"]Why can''t people moan on here and still support the 11 players on the pitch.  The two are not mutually exclusive and I would rather people post their frustrations here or on canary call rather than at CR[/quote]

I agree that there is nothing wrong with moaning,particularly after pathetic performances like Wednesday''s.The problem that I think BlueJam is referring to,and I certainly was,are the relatively small group on here who never have anything positive to say about the club.

[quote user="Strawberry"]

Don''t we all wish it was that simple. [/quote]

I don''t understand what you mean Strawberry? Do you approve of the quite frankly ridiculous moaning, or not?

Beauseant - Absa-ruddy-exactly [:)]

[quote user="Belaugh Yellow"]

i agree with your post, most people think we are relegation certs due to the fact we have 6 points from 18. So that must mean the other 15 teams that are below us on points and two points above us must be relegation certs as well. If we had this many points half way through the season then i would be worried.

BUt most people complain for the point of complaining when something goes wrong.

[/quote]

"Most people"?  I challenge you to name more than three.

I think it is a bit dramatic to suggest supporters are destroying our club other than a place to get our frustrations out on places like here we have no effect at all.

The supporters at the 3 games I have been to so far this season have been top class giving the team and manager the benefit of the doubt even when things haven''t gone our way.

Ironically Im slightly more positive than a couple of weeks ago, only because I am more hopeful that there will be at least 3 teams worse than us this season.

Hoolahan looked fantastic against Coventry , but I am a little worried he may prove to be more of a luxury than Hucks ever was.

The financial situation at the club is very worrying. We cannot afford to buy the quality of players we need and therefore will no longer have transfer surpluses when we sell them. Add to this the cost of the loans and you do begin to wonder how we would be able to finance a squad at all for next season.

We just dont appear to be a threat going forward. Hopefully Sibierski will improve things but I still think we are in for a tough season.

[quote user="Saint Canary"]Why can''t people moan on here and still support the 11

than at CR[/quote]

But it''s moaning without having a sound basis to moan, it’s moaning

with no real point. I refer again to Smudger who conveniently moaned that we

had no shots on target, when we clearly did. I''m not singling out that, I just

cant bring myself to read through and quote all the recent inaccurate and

unfounded moaning because I''ll probably end up topping myself.

[quote user="astrodyne"]I love it - people moaning about people moaning........[/quote]I do of course see the irony, good point. Hehe.

[quote user="Saint Canary"]Why can''t people moan on here and still support the 11 players on the pitch.  The two are not mutually exclusive and I would rather people post their frustrations here or on canary call rather than at CR[/quote]

This is the sentiment that I agree with most ......I like many others like to have a moan ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but I, like many who moan  sometimes, have had a season ticket for many years ,,,,,and have been a regular at carrow road since the 70''s...............we are all entitled to our opinions, that is what the forum is for !! It is a little pompous to suggest that the opinion of the original poster has a higher moral standing . ( IMO)

[quote user="Ween_Nasty"]Can''t you be yellow jam or green jam?[/quote]Yeah! I''m BlueJam because of the Chris Morris radio show :)

[quote user="BlueJam"][quote user="Saint Canary"]Why can''t people moan on here and still support the 11

than at CR[/quote]

But it''s moaning without having a sound basis to moan, it’s moaning

with no real point. I refer again to Smudger who conveniently moaned that we

had no shots on target, when we clearly did. I''m not singling out that, I just

cant bring myself to read through and quote all the recent inaccurate and

unfounded moaning because I''ll probably end up topping myself.

[/quote]I just ignore and the threads would quickly slide off the front page and would be given no credence.I can only assume that people "love to hate" the likes of Smudger et all and that is why the replies to them are so high.  They serve an important function on this board as far as I can see.  Like it or not, this forum was almost dead after a good win on Saturday.  No one seems to want to say positive things unless it''s in response to someone like Smudger.  Hardly anyone had anything to say until these "moaners" turned up again.  Long live Smudger I say!

barclay seats 48/49 - I''m not pompous, but I do have a higher moral standing :)Seriously though, you''re not telling me that you enjoyed listening to whats-his-face on Wednesday night saying thats the worst performance he has ever seen? Comments like that negate anything valid he may have had to say. If I was Neil I''d hang up on most of the callers, especially ones like him (he was the sarcastic chap). There are loads like him every game. I wonder if I watch a different game to these people?

Its not fans destroying our club at all.  It is the way all Norwich fans are!!  We can be the greatest fans in England when we are winning but the worst when we are losing. They have been like it for years where I sit in the Barclay and nothing changed on Wednesday night!  I always hear people criticising players when we do not win, but then the next game I hear them saying those players in particular are the best for our team.  It is just the way we are...and you need to remember it!  Get on with your supporting and forget others.

I''ve had a season ticket at City for more years than I care to remember. I''ve seen some good football, some bad football and some truely shocking football. But of late I''ve come to the conclusion that a lot of City fans are ruining the club from the inside, like a rotten apple.

Take Smudgers comments for example. He claims that we had no shots on target against QPR; well I saw several, perhaps he was in the bar or had his back to the pitch for 90 minutes? When it was pointed out that we did have shots on goal, he replies "well I didn''t see many", as though the fact we did have shots on goal didn''t really make any difference to the statement "we didn''t have any shots on goal". I don''t know what thats all about do you?

Several people think that because we had an indifferent performance on Wednesday that we are relagation materiel. Well Manchester united lost to Liverpool and only drew in the Champions League, I expect that Sir Alex has decided to scale down his operations in preperation for Championship football next season, and no European football ever again. I wish them all the best, because they are most certainly doomed, aren''t they?

The less I say about the prize plums that phone Neil Adams during Canary Call the better. The plonker on Wednesday stated that "It was an embarresment; the worst performance he has ever seen at Carrow Road..Blah blah blah". Where has this plonker been since we got relegated from the Premier League? I''d have given my hind teeth for a performance like that over the last three years. The Mr Plonker lives in a dream world. More irritating is the fact the Mr Plonker thinks he is right, when clearly he isn''t. He''s probably one of the same fickle plonkers who text in (to Canary Call) and say we will get automatic promotion after we performed so well against Birmingham.

Notice how after the good performances against Birmingham and Plymouth that Canary Call was struggling for moaners, I mean callers? Funny that.

On the subject of moaning about loan players. We haven''t got the money to buy lots of quality new players, so put up with it. Bertrand, Kennedy and Lupoli would cost just too much money, and yes they do the effort in.

Lets face facts here. City put in a below par performance on Wednesday, and failed to beat a 10 man QPR side, who looked a very good side I might add. We a match for them in the first half, and were unlucky to be a goal down (silly from Fozzy and Matty and probably bad goal keeping). But look at the bigger picture. We are playing some neat football, much better than the last few seasons, and yes, better than Worthington style football too. Perhaps not as effective yet, but it will come.

/discuss.
[/quote]

Utter rubbish as the same thing could be said about people who refuse to except that we have been slipping down the ladder for 4 seasons and will not say or do anything about it because they still actually believe we can emulate a one off season under our current Board. As long as people sit back and carry on being friendly old Norwich and a great ''one big happy clappy family club'' and never question the board we will always go backwards. The Smudgers of the world might rile a few but it seems its the same ones who refuse to hear it. None so blind as those that will not see as they say. Yes he''s out to annoy people but most of the time he''s not far off the truth. If you read his posts it will always end up being a moan at the Board be it via the players,fans or Manager but i think in truth that''s where our problems lay.

[quote user="BlueJam"][quote user="Strawberry"]

Don''t we all wish it was that simple. [/quote]

I don''t understand what you mean Strawberry? Do you approve of the quite frankly ridiculous moaning, or not?

Beauseant - Absa-ruddy-exactly [:)]

[/quote]

You claim that "Some City Fans Are Destroying Our Club".  Are you suggesting that the reason our club has been going down the pan for the past three seasons is because a few fans are having a moan? 

Nonsensical kneejerk reactions like "we''re relegation certs" after we lost to QPR or "playoffs here we come" after we beat Plymouth go with the territory.   Most football fans are like that, they react game by game and don''t look at the bigger picture.  I neither approve nor disapprove, if we were all perfect I daresay it wouldn''t happen but we aren''t so get used to it.  It makes not a scrap of difference to the outcome.  It''s gone on from time immemorial and I don''t know why you''re getting so upset about it. 

Threads like this just perpetuate division.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

I agree that there is nothing wrong with moaning,particularly after pathetic performances like Wednesday''s.The problem that I think BlueJam is referring to,and I certainly was,are the relatively small group on here who never have anything positive to say about the club.

[/quote]I just don''t see why anyone would let it upset them though.  It''s not as if anyone has accused you of worshipping Baphomet.

Bluejam "we have not got lots of money to buy quality new players,so put up with it"

We all have expectations ,some higher than is realistic i will agree but for goodness sake i find that attitude appalling.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Bluejam "we have not got lots of money to buy quality new players,so put up with it"

We all have expectations ,some higher than is realistic i will agree but for goodness sake i find that attitude appalling.

[/quote]

Well said tilly. Its the very same attitude that will take us further back.

Let''s deal with Arthur first. That one off season Arthur, I presume you mean the title winning year? Did you go to the games that year? I did. We won a lot of games by the odd goal, and won despite being outplayed on more than one occasion. It wasn''t that great, there was just a strength of belief around us at home, and we actually won games away from home. The two years before that we did OK too, but we never set the world on fire. I dare say the last time we were great was in 1993, but I''m afraid those days are long gone Arthur. Football has become more and more about money, and we have none. I don''t agree with our board over a lot of things, I just dont think they are as poisonous as you think they are. Anyway, I haven''t once suggested we shouldn''t be questioning our board, you made that bit up. Along with the ladder slipping thing, which is a laugh considering we''ve had one year in the premier league out of the last 12 or 13.  Was it you that rang Canary Call on Wednesday Arthur? Are you going to say "bring back Chrissy Martin! He scored again you know Neil!" In division 4, yes, he scored some goals. Well done.On record Arthur, we are playing much better football this season than I have seen for a long while, and whilst healthy debate - like this thread was intended - is a good thing, people who haven''t a good word to say about the club aren''t doing us any favours, at least I know it makes me feel a more and more alienated from other City fans than it ever used too. I used to feel we were a solid "band of brothers" but these days I can''t even bare talking to a lot of our fans. 

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]Well said tilly. Its the very same attitude that will take us further back.[/quote]

So we can magic some money out of thin air? I''m being pragmatic when I look at the situation, I wish we had more money but we don''t, so what can we do? The appalling attitude I display is certainly cause for concern, I need to re adjust to the obsesive compulisve negativity that you lot seem to have.

If anyones attitude is appalling, it''s yours.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

/discuss.
[/quote]

Great post BlueJam,and you are absolutely right.However,like me when I first joined the forum,you are seeing the attitudes of an insignificant minority as representative.There is a huge diversity of opinion regarding Delia, the Cullum issue and so on,but most people want the club to do well,even if our expectations and hopes fluctuate.

Sadly,however there are a hardcore who are just waiting for something negative to happen so that they can crawl from their holes and whine about how things will only improve if...(insert personal agenda here)...They are NOT City fans,but self obsessed barroom pundits who find,in the anonymity that the board offers,an opportunity to be self important.It would be instructive to look at board appearances over the last week.Certain,otherwise ubiquitous, posters hardly showed up between Saturday and Wednesday,yet,amazingly,have hardly been able to break free from their keyboards in the last couple of days.Its truly pathetic,but its good to see another new poster who cares about the club.

[/quote]

So to question the team when they struggle/underperform means you dont support the club? Another genious comment from Beaseant. Well done. You''re lack of passion and ambition is quite frankly sickening.