I loved Bellamy when he played for us. But last night he was certifiable. First he said ''no disrespect to Norwich, but against better teams....'' and he was standing next to Damien Francis. How condescending can you get. Then he rants on about him having to review his position if they buy Rononey. Methinks that young Craig no longer has his feet on the ground. He had a good game, but he has learnt an arrogance he never had with us

I didn''t think he was being arrogant at all. His comment about better oppositon was about NEWCASTLE, not us. He said that against better oppo they would get stuffed because their defence was poor. I think that''s a fair point. We''re not the best club in the league anybody knows that. As for his comments about Rooney I think he''s totally right. When he''s been fit at Newcastle he has played out of his skin and been magnificent. He shouldn''t have to sit on the bench with skill like he has. He''s 24 (ish) and has missed a lot of games in his career through injury. He shouldn''t have to miss more by sitting on the bench when he could move and walk into any other Premiership starting line up.

Craig Bellamy: Legend

Keep the faith

When did Bellamy ever have his feet on he ground? He''s always been a bit nutty. Just look at the way he dragged Edworthy to his feet when he was injured. Fleming and co had a right go at him for that.

I didn''t like his cocky "I hope we don''t hammer city" comments beforehand. And it shows he meant none of it anyway by his comments afterwards.

Clearly Bellamy is upset that Robson is looking for other strikers and that''s put him under pressure. Rooney would be mad to sign for that lot anyway, but it shows Bellamy isn''t necessarily first choice in his manager''s eyes and that''s got to hurt.

Has anyone read an item on the BBC website?

"Newcastle boss Sir Bobby Robson has told Craig Bellamy to stop moaning.
The Wales international said that he would review his position at the club if Magpies target Wayne Rooney arrived at St James'' Park."

Ok....its unlikely that Rooney will move to the North-East as a move down the road to Man U would be much more lucrative, but if he did end up at SJP, it would be nice Bellamy considered returning to FCR. He is a proven Premiership striker, although a few injuries and a bit of an attitude IMO would not be the best buy for us. It would be quite nice to have him back, but I think we all agree that we cannot afford him.

Is he taller than McVeigh? He looked very small standing next to Francis in the Sky post match interview.

Sorry KK, but he was an arrogant little ***, even when he was with us!, what with his own website and all, and telling everyone how good he was, including the city team. (Did they not alledgely lock him in the coach toilet because they got fed up with him, when returning from an away match once?) Yes he was good, I just wish he would''nt keep banging on about it though.

"I consider myself as the new Juninho" - brilliant, one of my all time favourite quotes from a Norwich player.

Precocious talent, incredible pace and completely no brain.

Go on Craig, you show ''em!

Was he not the cause of a dressing room brawl before he was sold to Coventry. I see nothing wrong in Newcastle looking for a new striker after all this is Shearer''s last season is it not

DD Is Magic, I think most people thought Craig''s comments were having a go at us.

If Craig has been quoted correctly, he seems to be in danger of losing the plot. He''s at one of the leading clubs in the Country, yet he seems to expect to play week in, week out.

He''s always been opinionated, arrogant and involved in too many "incidents" outside nightclubs for my liking.

Don''t get me wrong, he''s a great talent, and, for one period in the second half, all the good things Newcastle were doing involved him.

He should just let his football do the talking !!!

Its that arrogance which marked him out- Not many youngsters come out of the youth team like Bellamy did and have an instant impact- even Darren Eadie took a while to settle down. That arrogance/drive/self confidence is just part of why he is as good as he is.

On the comments two schools of thought:
1. He has lost a lot of time injured and doesn''t want to lose any more (fair enough)
2. He should just do what his manager tells him. Well, that''s not Craig and Robson is naive to expect him to do that- a good manager would recognise Craig''s "idiosynchrosies" and manage through them rather than expecting him to be what he isn''t, a lapdog. If you were recruiting a Wayne Rooney, surely the first thing you would do is go to your affected players and get them onside.

I''m sure he still has a soft spot for his time with us and his comments were not intended to be insulting.

Bellamy is right to say what he said. I didn''t take it as a problem.

Truth is, if Newcastle signs Rooney, then what? They have Shearer, Kluivert, Bellamy, Ameobi, Chopra AND Rooney.

That''s simply too much striking talent. Someone will have to go. I think Rooney is a great signing given that he would be heir-apparent to Shearer next season but then either Kluivert was a mistake or Ameobi needs to go (we''ll take him!)

Good post. I sat there last night when he said no disrespect to Norwich but we will play better team, and I thought you arrogant little S**t. We had just out passed and for long periods out played apparently one of the top 4 clubs in this league, all I can say is when they do play the "top" sides they won''t get many points so maybe they will be one of the clubs we are fighting for the relegation places, but after last night I fancy a mid table position for us. Bring on the Arsenal.
otbc.

I have to agree with DDiM on this one. Yes Bellamy was being disrespectful to city but he was also acknowledging that NCFC had matched them on the pitch and in many respects been bettered by them.

From Bellamys point of view that is not good enough for a club of Newcastles current stature. Our main target this year is to avoid relegation, anything being a bonus; Toon want Champs League football where, with all respect to us, they WILL face teams better than us.
As such Bellamy was stating that Newcastle, if they want to hit their targets, have to beat teams like us, they did not play well last night and in particular defended appallingly - carry on playing like that against Arsenal etc and they will not make champs league....

I feel that Bellamys wrath was not aimed at city but at what is happening at SJP, and I can understand his sentiments.

OTBC

I heard him on their local radio before the game and he said he didn''t want them to beat us too heavily as he thinks a lot of us. He said he owed us a lot as we gave him a start in football and he was gratefull. He also said he felt a lot for the club. Good lad, its mutual if you ask me.

By the way I thought our Bellamy song was much better than theirs.