Sign in to follow this  
Meeky

Don't you just love Man Yoo supporters? Read this report ...

"United''s support in strong voice"...don''t make me laugh! How do they account for the fact that 3000 outsang 64000+ for more than 90 minutes then?

ahh but they were all in squares with me!! if you are wondering where they were!

i don''t usually get angry around ''away'' support, but there were 6 or 7 of them, all in trendy gear, no man u colours among them, i think myself and my kids wound them up by cheering on our team!!

suffice to say when they scored they all leapt up and made themselves v unpopular - i am just glad certain mates of mine were not present - it took a lot of restraint to have to share the air with such idiots (in the shadow of FCR) i doubt any of them had ever been to a game

but how proud we all were, especially during the last 20 minutes, we are indeed the best fans in the world, and the idiots i had to endure during that game makes me feel genuinely sorry for real man u fans ( i know a couple, and yes, they are from manchester!)

by the way, none of them sung, shouted or did anything except try to spoil our enjoyment of the game, perhaps i should have tried to explain what was going on on the pitch, they didn''t seem to understand lol

I like the bit where they say Keane was only beaten once and by Leon. Was Hux so fast they missed him skinning their beloved captian or were they too busy texting their mates to watch the game properly?

I had one of em next to me at the pub. The thing which struck me was after the game he was really annoyed said that Man Yoo had played "shite". How can you be moaning at your team for winning a Premiership game and scoring a goal like Smith''s. Do they only cheer at Old Trafford if they win by five clear goals?

"they probably don''t even know who keane is" ....

They probably don''t even know where Manchester is and the closest they get to Manachester is when they watch Coronation Street on TV !!!!!

visit old trafford for a liverpool/city/leeds/arsenal or champs league game and you''re opinion may change.

without sounding disrespectful to norwich, it was only norwich.

are you telling me that every home game against the poorer sides in the first division last season carrow rd was rocking?

and please do a bit of research before you spout the old "dont come from manchester" rubbish, as every survey ever done, concludes reds outnumber blues in manchester 3 to 1.

thank you and good luck for the season.

let me see... Preston, Crewe, Reading, Walsall, Ipswich... the place rocked to its foundations. You wouldnt know watching ceefax at the time.

"are you telling me that every home game against the poorer sides in the first division last season carrow rd was rocking? "

Yes.

Welcome to teams with real support.

I was there at the Man U game - ten minutes after the Mancs score their second, the American Toursts finally put a chant together - but only because on hearing a murmer from the right of us, the Norwich fans shut up to listen... it wasn''t loud enough to actually pick out any words, as my brother was opening a packet of crisps next to me, and that seemed to drown out most of the noise from the boys in red.

stuart thomas

I lived in Manchester for several years and made friends with loads of true mancunian fans of the reds. I can tell you aren''t one of them by your bad attitude and your arrogance.

I shared many a pint with Man Utd fans discussing games of days gone by, how they pipped us to the first Premier League title and so on. And the respect true Utd fans showed for my club only exposes sad little whining glory hunters like you.

If Utd went down to Division 2 like Citeh did, your kind would be the first to jump ship and no doubt swap the red shirt for a Chelsea blue one. As for Man Utd fans outnumbering Citeh fans 3 to 1 in Manchester? Keep dreaming in that Theatre of Dreams (which you''ve probably never been to anyway).

arrogant????

why??

for attempting to rid your minds of some of the myths about our support, just like when we did get get relegated, we still had an average of 48,000, and some of you older supporters may remember our trips to carrow rd in the 70''s, hardly glory hunters back tthen were we.

i don''t dislike norwich and have enjoyed visiting carrow rd quite a few times, but why do promoted clubs always insist their supporters are the best in the world(we''re arrogant!!!)

unfortunatley, you will find, if you manage to stay up(i hope you do), that life has changed in the top flight in english football and it is not what it was.

too much money is in the game now and the men running the game have done their best to rid stadiums of the atmospheres that is still found in the lower leagues.

bit of a rant i know but something you may have to get used to, "back in the big time".

btw, i am from wythenshawe, manchester and manchester is red.

Stuart

Thanks for your reply. Personally, I have no inclination to visit Old Trafford to see your team play Liverpool / City / Leeds (could have a long wait to see that one) / Arsenal, or anyone else for that matter, apart from Norwich. Not of course, wishing to sound disrespectful.

I would, of course, be happy for you to share with me your "Research" that proves United fans out numbering City fans 3 to 1.

The original "dig" was, if you read the thread, actually directed at Man U fans in Norwich, not Manchester.

Here''s wishing you similar good luck for the rest of the season.

http://www.mipc.mmu.ac.uk//football/

this was a survey carried out by manchester university, who obtained season ticket databases at both clubs.

since the survey, city have moved stadium and we have had the upper tiers behind each goal redeveloped, but it is quite interesting reading.

i dont really want to go on, but before derby day(utdvcity), the manchester evening news usually do a survey on the city streets and the last match 42% wanted united to win and only 16% city(42% didnt mind who one!!!!). contact them if you like.

i moved away from manchester 5 yrs ago and when united were playing away, town was full of reds.
when city play it isnt.

anyway.................

Stuart

Intersting piece or research.

So, leaving aside the facts that the data is historic, Old Trafford has since been expanded and City have moved, that piece of research shows, reviewing the residence of Season Ticket holdders using the M postcode for Manchester:-

40% of Manchester City season ticket holders have an M Postcode.
29% of Manachester United season ticket holders have an M Postcode.

Does that not support the widely held contention ????

As a current resdient in Manchester, I can say that there are a fair few Manchester United fans who live in the area, but on a whole, the notion of manchester Cockneys isn''t too far away from the truth.

I worked at Manchester Airport for nearly 14 months and when the football season was up and running, thousands (literally) of Irish came across to watch the games at a regular basis and often I got into conversations with them about the games and I know for a fact that they regularly come over for games, many of them having season tickets for large multi-generation families. Doubt they have Manchester postcodes.

True, after games, there do tend to be many many football shirts on display, but the general impression I get when being around Piccadilly Bus Station is of both Blues and Reds fans heading off to the train stations that service both the North and South of England. Now I''ve never actually done a survey, and don''t intend to now, but there seems an awfully large contingent of people using trains to go home, rather than buses (which Manchester is overly blessed with)

This posting is neither to condemn Stuart''s postings or praise them, just a view from someone actually living in Manchester at the moment.

OTB!

Stuart

I too worked for 3 years in the Greater Manchester area - Cheadle to be precise, and in my workplace I found only 1 die-hard red (had the season ticket - went on all the away trips home & abroad etc) - the majority of the office were City fans (perhaps that would explain why so many out of towners support City - Cheadle being so many miles from Manchester). I know that as a Mancunian Utd fan you are probably sick and fed up of being referred to as a team with more southern support etc but in reality it''s probably true - I too have been at both Manchester & Heathrow and seen flights full of Utd fans arriving...

As they say in this part of the world - red sky at night - M6 south jammed by Man Utd fans!

stuart

i guess you are then a home grown reds fan

to put you straight on a few things about my club

yes, every game last year was SOLD OUT - we have 2000 people waiting on a season ticket list, which has now been closed, many more who would like to become members (therefore seeing approx 5 games a season) are also unlucky, our ground is simply not big enough!!

yes, we might only be minnows to you, but if you had suffered nine years in division one, i wonder just how fervent your support would be! If we had the luxury of millions we would have a world beating side, but we don''t - we have achieved it all on good financial planning, a lot of luck, a superb manager and team work. That is why we all love our club, because we all feel part of it.

Every major town in the UK has its contingent of man utd fans, who have never been to the ground, i know a few who have, they have no connections with manchester, other than they admire winners - that''s okay up to a point, what gets up our noses is ignornant people who come into our pubs (and the one i was in was 2 minutes from the ground) and lord it over us, these people are not football fans, they are just cashing in on success, they have no passion - no will to support a team through thick and thin and no knowledge of the game

surveys can always be made to come up with what you want to hear, i happen to know that manchester (not salford!) is full of man city fans, who i have to say are amongst the nicest and most passionate in the country

one reason then i chose to go there, instead of old trafford

Plastic Scouser:

surely thats: Red sky at night, Man United fans flying home...?
and therefore: Red sky in the morning, Man United have a 12 noon kick off...?