Sign in to follow this  
still holding out for new heroes

Has Waghorn been 'tipped the wink'

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Strawberry"]

Waghorn is simply trying to read the tea leaves like the rest of us. 

He realises, as we all do, that the times they are a-changing in football whether we like it or not, and he is assuming that D&M will, sooner or later, bow to the inevitable.  He could be proved correct - but inside information?  I don''t think so.[/quote]

That''s quite probably true. It''s just guess work and a theory.

But what I don''t understand is why he keeps comparing Cullum to absentee owners like Evans. I thought the big thing in Cullum''s favour is that he fits Delia''s criteria of being a fan, a season ticket holder, someone who has the best interests of the club at heart. The same thing cannot be said about the likes of Evans. Or have we been lead up the garden path again.[/quote]The thing I don''t understand Nutty is this "true fan" bit. The impression I have is that he attended ONE game last season (v Ipswich) and that he has a box at Carrow Rd which he acquired when he bought into Smith and Pinching. If that is the case, why would he also buy a season ticket? He also played a few game for Norwich City Boys before he went off to make his fortune.

It seems to me that while we will examine every word that Delia has ever uttered we accept everything positive re. Peter Cullum without question. I admit these details are only snippets I have gleaned from here and I''m sure there''s others out there who will correct me.

I am not suggesting he is not a lifelong fan, just wondering if it is indeed true or is it just a part of his armoury to acquire our club. 

[/quote]

Our club?

You''re living in the past Lap. 

Peter Cullum has more ties with Norwich and Norfolk than Delia Smith ever had - she being a native of Surrey and a resident of Suffolk.

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

Not all about her though is it? Michael Wynn Jones, her other half that everyone forgets is from Harleston. If he was married to a nobody, would anyone get that uptight about our owners? Unlikely..

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Our club?

Peter Cullum has more ties with Norwich and Norfolk than Delia Smith ever had - she being a native of Surrey and a resident of Suffolk.

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

So we should install some sort of "fit and proper" test before allowing people to become a fan?

How about Delia and Michael have invested a large proportion of their wealth and time in the club, Cullum has currently invested no money and almost no time. Even if he does inject twice what he''s offered, it''s only a tiny fraction of his overall wealth. Who comes out on top of that one?

I''m not anti-Cullum, but these "You can''t be a fan unless you live in Norwich/hate every other team/go to every game" arguments are just childish.

[/quote]

''Saint'' Delia set the playing field for both board membership qualifications and local moralising.

So why don''t you just cut out the cr^p on that one.

Dear oh dear oh dear.

OTBC

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Strawberry"]

He realises, as we all do, that the times they are a-changing in football whether we like it or not, and he is assuming that D&M will, sooner or later, bow to the inevitable.  He could be proved correct - but inside information?  I don''t think so.[/quote]

But what I don''t understand is why he keeps comparing Cullum to absentee owners like Evans. I thought the big thing in Cullum''s favour is that he fits Delia''s criteria of being a fan, a season ticket holder, someone who has the best interests of the club at heart. The same thing cannot be said about the likes of Evans. Or have we been lead up the garden path again.[/quote]The thing I don''t understand Nutty is this "true fan" bit. The impression I have is that he attended ONE game last season (v Ipswich) and that he has a box at Carrow Rd which he acquired when he bought into Smith and Pinching. If that is the case, why would he also buy a season ticket? He also played a few game for Norwich City Boys before he went off to make his fortune.

It seems to me that while we will examine every word that Delia has ever uttered we accept everything positive re. Peter Cullum without question. I admit these details are only snippets I have gleaned from here and I''m sure there''s others out there who will correct me.

I am not suggesting he is not a lifelong fan, just wondering if it is indeed true or is it just a part of his armoury to acquire our club. 

[/quote]

Our club?

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

Not all about her though is it? Michael Wynn Jones, her other half that everyone forgets is from Harleston. If he was married to a nobody, would anyone get that uptight about our owners? Unlikely..

[/quote]

Since she''s the one who does all the public moralising about pre-qualification requirements for NCFC board membership, yes it is rather all about her most people with a handle on logic would say.

And in any event Harleston is far more renowned for their hockey club than their footy outfit![:)]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

''Saint'' Delia set the playing field for both board membership qualifications and local moralising.

Dear oh dear oh dear.

OTBC

[/quote]

Actually yer mate Bob did [:|]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Dear oh dear oh dear.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Really?

Evidence?

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Dear oh dear oh dear.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Really?

Evidence?

OTBC

[/quote]

Howabout..............................

You look it up[:|]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Dear oh dear oh dear.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Really?

Evidence?

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

The world and his wife are wide awake and watching you make an assertion and then avoid providing even one shred of evidence.

I mean you are our self-acclaimed Poster of Record are you not?

The world and his wife await.................

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Dear oh dear oh dear.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Really?

Evidence?

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

The world and his wife are wide awake and watching you make an assertion and then avoid providing even one shred of evidence.

I mean you are our self-acclaimed Poster of Record are you not?

The world and his wife await.................

OTBC

[/quote]

No really.. after you Babes.. It''s not that difficult.. I''ve already posted it today.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Strawberry"]

[/quote]

Our club?

One love.

OTBC[/quote]Ah, good, I was hoping to find someone with a bit more knowledge of PC than the snippets bandied about on here. Would you care to elaborate Bly? Not stuff you''ve Googled rather (whispers) things he''s told you privately. [;)]