Sign in to follow this  
still holding out for new heroes

Has Waghorn been 'tipped the wink'

A good article.

If nothing it highlights what you might lose from a change of board. We all want new investment and more money for the playing side, but at what cost I wonder.

Waghorn is simply trying to read the tea leaves like the rest of us. 

He realises, as we all do, that the times they are a-changing in football whether we like it or not, and he is assuming that D&M will, sooner or later, bow to the inevitable.  He could be proved correct - but inside information?  I don''t think so.

Does read as if he knows something (probably just guessing),I think the best indicator of Waghorn knowing will be when sings the praises of the "New crew" to ensure future access.Changing subject a bit,but what is his problem with Cullum,he seems to be comparing him to Marcus Evans this morning and telling us all to enjoy the freedom and openess of Carrow Rd until the nasty man comes along and changes everything.

I don''t care how it''s done but I just want to see the club winning more often again, if it takes some hard nosed businessman to come in and give the club a good shake up then so be it. I don''t really see how things could get much worse than they have been the last few years anyway. If it does turn out to be Cullum he has already said there would be fan representation on the board anyway, I can''t see why he''d want to do anything other than what''s best for the club. He is a fan like the rest of us. Cullum has also said that he doesn''t expect to make money out of the club so he''s under no illusions there either.

So Curbishly still works at West Ham does he? Just another piece of badly researched guess work.Putting a spin on the blee***g obvious.

The thing that interests me is the change of tone from Waghorn, the usual black and white Mantra of ''Delia good Cullum bad'' that is the norm on his site seems to have been softened somewhat and the timescales of months maybe weeks seems out of his normal style. Maybe he is just guessing but I don''t believe anyone has a closer relationship in the local press and no one is more likely to be given snippets of info, even if its as little as ''were talking, may happen''. It just reads like ''I better soften my approach to Cullum as it looks like I may have to start working with him''....if Mick Dennis''next article is softer to Cullum then I''ll start to believe.

Care to enlighten Mister Positive, or are you just going to say you can''t divulge information :rollseyes;

Mr. Waghorn is obviously slowing having a change of heart, no Cullum bashing in this article!

Sorry but he is clearly still Cullum bashing - the article is about how bad things might become and how much we now take for granted we might lose if we get taken over by a billionnaire. The only softening is that he does seem to be suggesting that such a takeover is inevitable.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Care to enlighten Mister Positive, or are you just going to say you can''t divulge information :rollseyes; Mr. Waghorn is obviously slowing having a change of heart, no Cullum bashing in this article![/quote]

I can''t really, I am a situation where it would not be correct to say anything more, other than Waghorn is not clutching at straws

[quote user="Be Smart and sell to Cullum"]

[quote

user="ncfcstar"]Care to enlighten Mister Positive, or are you just

going to say you can''t divulge information :rollseyes; Mr. Waghorn is

obviously slowing having a change of heart, no Cullum bashing in this

article![/quote]

I can''t really, I am a situation where it would not be correct

to say anything more, other than Waghorn is not clutching at straws

[/quote]

Erm..........................................

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]

Erm..........................................[/quote]Whoops.....

Whoops indeed... I''d long-suspected that Be Smart was "someone else",

but I''ll admit that I''d thought he was our old friend Good News

Gordon...[:)]

[quote user="Strawberry"]

Waghorn is simply trying to read the tea leaves like the rest of us. 

He realises, as we all do, that the times they are a-changing in football whether we like it or not, and he is assuming that D&M will, sooner or later, bow to the inevitable.  He could be proved correct - but inside information?  I don''t think so.

[/quote]

That''s quite probably true. It''s just guess work and a theory.

But what I don''t understand is why he keeps comparing Cullum to absentee owners like Evans. I thought the big thing in Cullum''s favour is that he fits Delia''s criteria of being a fan, a season ticket holder, someone who has the best interests of the club at heart. The same thing cannot be said about the likes of Evans. Or have we been lead up the garden path again.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Whoops indeed... I''d long-suspected that Be Smart was "someone else", but I''ll admit that I''d thought he was our old friend Good News Gordon...[:)]
[/quote]

Please say it''s time for the orange sauce and stuffing[6]

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Whoops indeed...

I''d long-suspected that Be Smart was "someone else", but I''ll admit

that I''d thought he was our old friend Good News Gordon...[:)] [/quote]

[/quote]

I''m breaking out the Hoi Sin and crispy pancakes as we speak.........

Care to explain, BS? [:)]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Whoops indeed... I''d long-suspected that Be Smart was "someone else", but I''ll admit that I''d thought he was our old friend Good News Gordon...[:)]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I''m breaking out the Hoi Sin and crispy pancakes as we speak.........

Care to explain, BS? [:)]
[/quote]

Let''s be specific.  At the weekend The Man claimed that NCFC had not yet made any contact with Peter Cullum.  Are you saying a) that The Man is wrong, or b) that the club has made contact since the weekend? 

No more BS, BS . . .

[quote user="Strawberry"]

Let''s be specific.  At the weekend The

Man claimed that NCFC had not yet made any contact with Peter

Cullum.  Are you saying a) that The Man is wrong, or b) that the

club has made contact since the weekend? 

No more BS, BS . . .

[/quote]

I was thinking more along the line of.... The original statement about

the phone call was made by Mister Positive, yet the response to a

question posed was answered by Be Smart, in a tone suggesting that

someone has forgotten to log out of one account and back into the other

they post under... either a) Be Smart has simply heard the same thing,

or b) Be Smart posts under multiple names, which I''d long suspected....

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Indeed, but I won''t hold my breath...
[/quote]

Damm shame realy as the spring onion and cucumber are nicely shredded!!

What''s the betting on a new poster appearing soon.

What puzzles me is how Waghorn seems to have decided, lock, stock, and two smoking barrels, that Cullum would be an absentee owner, would be the corporate devil within Carrow Road, and would most certainly turn our club from being a tiny little English village in midsummer, Vicar slowly cycling along the High Street and saying "good afternoon ladies" as he passes, as burly menfolk, stripped to their waists get the corn in, watched by little children and kittens, with all looking forward to the cricket match on the green later that evening, played out as the Church bells sound...

...thats Waghorns Norwich City.

He seems certain that Cullums will be a vast concrete, black steel and glass edifice, scorching hundreds of meters into the sky and staffed by faceless members of Bastard Corporaton plc, the cricket pitch now a multi storey car park, the Vicar dead and buried, along with his bike, whilst the corn is self harvesting and GM....

What does he know that makes him so confident about this?

Great post.

Can''t wait to see how Waggers operates if Cullum does come in...

Expect a quick U-turn as he sets his sights on a new brown hole to snuggle up to.

A "deepest, darkest" brown hole.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

What puzzles me is how Waghorn seems to have decided, lock, stock, and two smoking barrels, that Cullum would be an absentee owner, would be the corporate devil within Carrow Road, and would most certainly turn our club from being a tiny little English village in midsummer, Vicar slowly cycling along the High Street and saying "good afternoon ladies" as he passes, as burly menfolk, stripped to their waists get the corn in, watched by little children and kittens, with all looking forward to the cricket match on the green later that evening, played out as the Church bells sound...

...thats Waghorns Norwich City.

He seems certain that Cullums will be a vast concrete, black steel and glass edifice, scorching hundreds of meters into the sky and staffed by faceless members of Bastard Corporaton plc, the cricket pitch now a multi storey car park, the Vicar dead and buried, along with his bike, whilst the corn is self harvesting and GM....

What does he know that makes him so confident about this?

[/quote]

he doesnt... unless he knows what goes on in Cullums head... and unless he''s the man in "being John Malkovic" he wont know that either.....

Waggers will be the first to write a boot licking article should Cullum buy the club... probably saying how the future looks rosier than a french wine.

jas :)

Yes it was obvious a while back that Be Smart was Mr Positive.  At a risk of bringing up the Kitty, he was the poster who welcomed the launch, and kept saying what a good idea it was :

The Kitty is launched, at last!

Reply Quote

Good to see that the Norwich City Kitty is finally up and running!

As has been shown in this transfer window, the board has no money to give Roeder (well just a few pennies here and there), so maybe if we get behind this venture (if we can afford a few quid a month), come January transfer window he might have some cash to compete a bit better.

I thought maybe if the Kitty was giving the club money that the directors wouldn''t bother, but as we have seen without the Kitty they haven''t bothered either, so good luck to the Kitty, bring it on!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"] Waggers will be the first to write a boot licking article should Cullum buy the club... probably saying how the future looks rosier than a french wine.[/quote]
Reckon you''re spot on with that one, I only read Waggers'' articles when they''re posted on here.