Sign in to follow this  
Here We Go

Everyone's first game.

We lived in Norwich for a year in 1972-73, the team''s first foray into the top division.  I was 8 years old and my grandad took me to see a match vs. Coventry some time in the spring.  Final score was 1-1, I think. It was my only game that season.  Every time I visited after that, I went to as many games as I could.

I am not from Norwich, infact from Rotherham in deepest south yorkshire.

My first game watching City was the Rotherham v Norwich game on the opening day of the 1981/2 season. I was 10 years old.

City scored after about a minute (Ross Jack I think), but went to be soundly beaten 4-1 by a very good Rotherham side at the time.  Rotherham had just won the old 3rd division title the season before and City relegared from old Div 1.

I was from that game on a City fan forever, despite the thumping.

My first trip to Carrow Road was the return game when I travelled on the coach with the Rotherham fans, City winning 2-0 on their way to promotion.

I also went to games at Barnsley 2-2 and the final game of the season at Sheff Weds when we won promotion that season.

Rich

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

1957, Norwich 0-2 Southend,

Southend wingers were Crossan and Punton .

[/quote]

No Jim.

The wingers were Billy Coxon and Johnny Gavin.

Crossan came in ''58 and Punton, not until ''59.

Keep taking the tablets mate.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]West Ham at home on boxing day 88. I would have been 8 at time and sporting my brand spanking new Fosters Lager replica shirt (which i still own!). We won 2-1, Disco Dale got the 1st from a frankly ridiculous angle at the River End. I think Townsend got the 2nd and Flecky had one ruled out for offside although it could have been the other way around. West Ham got one back from the spot.[/quote]

That was, I believe, the first time we were on "live" TV (other than the 1985 League Cup Final) when League games were first broadcast?

Ray Stewart got West Ham''s, yep-penno at Barclay end.

A young Paul Ince was playing for West Ham!