Sign in to follow this  
Here We Go

Everyone's first game.

So this has proberbly been started on this bored already but i can not find hide nor tail of it.

But any way what was your first game at the great Carrow Road.

Ill start

It was in the 93-94 i believe maybe a bit later when we lost 1-0 to notingham forest at home, Gunny broke his leg. Ahh the good old days.

This thread has appeared before, but it was a while back, so no harm in a new updated one....  

My first game was April 1984 vs Watford, who at the time had the (not so) mighty Steve Sherwood in goal, we won 6-1 as I recall and John Deehan got 4......

March 1967  FA Cup 5th Round  Sheffield Wednesday.

We''d won at Old Trafford against all the odds in the 4th Round. (Man.U. went on to win the league and were European champions the next season). We lost 1-3, my first hero Tommy Bryceland scored our goal, and I was one of over 41,000 at the game.

Keelan, Stringer, Black, Lucas, Brown, Allcock, Kenning, Bryceland, Sheffield, Bolland, Anderson.

[8-|]

We''d won at Old Trafford against all the odds in the 4th Round. (Man.U. went on to win the league and were European champions the next season). We lost 1-3, my first hero Tommy Bryceland scored our goal, and I was one of over 41,000 at the game.

Keelan, Stringer, Black, Lucas, Brown, Allcock, Kenning, Bryceland, Sheffield, Bolland, Anderson.

[8-|]

My first home game was in January 1967.  I remember little about it because it was eclipsed by my first away game the following week, FA Cup 4th round v. Man U at Old Trafford . . .

. . . "Nobby Stiles, Denis Law, George Best, Bobby Charlton, Paddy Crerand . . . we gave your boys a helluva beating!"

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[8-|]

[/quote]

Glory hunter lol

[:)]

Norwich v Swindon 17th August 1996

Mike Walkers first game back in charge, Flecky got both of the goals in a 2-0 win if I remember right, I was 8.

Against Burnley at home. Think it was ''73/''74 but not certain because I was a proper tiny kid.

I can remember that they were bottom of the league but beat us 3-1. Some things never change! [:)]

Jan 1959 against Man United. Part of the great cup run. Snow on the ground and a packed carrow road. My Dad took me so I could see Man U but got hooked on Norwich and stayed that way. Just thought next Jan 50 Years. Oh hell!

1989 vs Sutton United at home in the FA Cup 4th Round. They were fresh from knocking out Coventry in the previous round, we showed ''em how it should be done & duly issued an 8-0 spanking. Putney, Allen 4 & Fleck 3.

I''d not long turned 8 & expected every game to be like that.

Mine was Norwich''s 2-0 home loss to Man Utd I think in the 1993 season, I think it was february 28th... my birthday!

1969 FA cup final Man C v Leicester. There as a neutral (obviously) but Leicester were very unlucky to lose after playing brilliant footie and completely dominating the game from start to finish!!!!!![:@].

[quote user="Belaugh Yellow"]

So this has proberbly been started on this bored already but i can not find hide nor tail of it.

But any way what was your first game at the great Carrow Road.

Ill start

It was in the 93-94 i believe maybe a bit later when we lost 1-0 to notingham forest at home, Gunny broke his leg. Ahh the good old days.

[/quote]

Well as many on here will know I am not Norfolk born, I was born 20miles from B-ham, all my Family are either B-ham or villa fans, but getting to the topic, my first match was in the mid 60''s I went to a match with my brothers to see B-ham v Norwich in a Friendly/ Charity match, Norwich Wolloped them 4 -0, I came out a Norwich fan, my first visit to Carra rud was in 67 I was a young Soldier stationed in Bury st Edmonds  

Versus Oldham in the final game of the 93-94 season, would have made me 6 at the time nearly 7. We drew 1-1 Rob Ullathorne getting the goal. Don''t remember much of it, the first game i really remember is when we beat Blackburn 2-1 at home, Early on in the 94-95 season, from then on I was hooked and devestated when we went down later that season.

November 1991.. Norwich City vs Wet sham in the rumbelows cup 4th round.. winner would face spurs in the 1/4 final...

I was actually cheering for West ham as they were the first team i was ware of.. i was only a boy! Norwich won 2-1 and flecky nabbed them both.... Mike small scored for the spammers...

I then went again on new years day 1992 vs Villa... we beat them 2-1 and i think Flecky and bobby Ullathorne scored.. i was cheering city and the rest is history :)

jas :)

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."]Norwich - Huddersfield in 96 or 97. Eadie scored a couple. That''s all I remember of it. One of my few experiences of the old South Stand, must say I don''t miss it much.
[/quote]

I think that was the game where the ball went halfway up the away section, which was sparsely populated, stewards half asleep so Flecky climbed over the railings and got it back to great amusement.  Perhaps you might remember?

I used to stand on the old South Stand terrace when I first started going, about 1/3 the way up between the edge of the centre circle and the 18 yard line.  Since it became the away section I''ve never felt quite right anywhere else.

This is really going to date me though I was only 8 years old. 1972 v Leeds, we lost 0-1. Billy Giles scored a fluke goal. He shot from outside the area straight at Keelan who for some reason did a backward head over heels and the ball trickled out of his hands into the back of the net. We had a goal disallowed for off-side and we dominated the game.

[quote user="Bring-on-Flecky"]This is really going to date me though I was only 8 years old. 1972 v Leeds, we lost 0-1. Billy Giles scored a fluke goal. He shot from outside the area straight at Keelan who for some reason did a backward head over heels and the ball trickled out of his hands into the back of the net. We had a goal disallowed for off-side and we dominated the game.[/quote]

Our Kev, he didn''t often make a ricket but when he did it was spectacular like everything else in his repertoire . . .