Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Bristol Rovers at home in the Cup

Hmm I smell another early exit in the Cup Comps this year!! Got an upset written all over it. The question is though: Do we really care about the Cups this year? I love the domestic Competitions in this country, especially the FA Cup. But do we really need it this year when we''re going to be fighting for our lives in the Prem? It could be a good oppotunity for players such as Mackay, Mulryne, Brennan, Jarvis, Hendo etc to get a game though

Keep the faith

I for one couldn''t care about the cups - we can worry about that in our second season in the Premier ;)

" It could be a good oppotunity for players such as Mackay, Mulryne, Brennan, Jarvis, Hendo etc to get a game though"

Agree totally - thats what we''ve got to view them as a chance for our 1 and a half string to play competitive matches.

come on, don''t any of you want us to do well, of course i want a good cup run

1) to try and win it
2) to try out different combinations of players, to test players coming back from injury
3) money in the bank
4) purely selfish - so i can go to the matches with those of us who don''t own a season ticket!!

bristol rovers will be a good test - that we are not too big for our boots and we can go for it and get through to the next round. I for one am going to go to watch, and look forward to it!

I have a small disappointment that it wasn''t an away trip as it would have been one of the dwindling number of league clubs I haven''t been to. I''m not that selfish to want a draw though. I do think it is an ideal type of game to try out other formations and of course, this competition has Europe as a prize.

Can''t we have both? a good cup run AND Premiership survival?

Which cup should we be looking to excel in more though? FA Cup or this one..?