Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Canary

"Asked whether Darel Russell would revert to central midfield...

... after his spell as a stand-in striker, Roeder said: “Not necessarily. Ironically, we had an eleven against eleven at the training round this week and we tried someone else in there and it worked very well.”

Oh God Doc isn''t fit again is he!

Luke Chadwick?  David Bell? Matthew Pattison?Doesn''t hurt to kepp the opposition guessing as to your final team.If it came up as a revelation in 11 v 11 then I would guess at Bell or Chadwick

[quote user="7rew"]Luke Chadwick?  David Bell? Matthew Pattison?

Doesn''t hurt to kepp the opposition guessing as to your final team.

If it came up as a revelation in 11 v 11 then I would guess at Bell or Chadwick
[/quote]

Summer signing David Bell is unlikely to figure in the next three games but has impressed Roeder in training.

He said: “It''s early days for him. I''ve been really happy with what I''ve seen of David playing football.

[/quote]

Bell''s a few weeks from starting and it can''t be Chadwick surely! Omzuri maybe...

hopefully he will put Russell there as he keeps playign Fatty Patty out on the rigth flank, were Croft should be playing till Bell is fit. IF not we might see russel up front with Lupoli and Sibs playing that attackign mid role, just behind the two.

Roedy seems to be indicating it''s someone we don''t normally see there - Patty has played there a few times. I reckon it could be one of the defenders. Omozusi or Stefanovic even. Although i''d be loath to take Dejan out of the back four.

Berty or Semmy on the wing, With Grounds or Omozusi coming in at L/B or R/B ?

We''ve got so many more options this season. Even more when Sibierski, Bell and Clingan are fit.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]

[/quote]

Summer signing David Bell is unlikely to figure in the next three games but has impressed Roeder in training.

He said: “It''s early days for him. I''ve been really happy with what I''ve seen of David playing football.

[/quote]

Bell said after the Brum game that he would be ready to at least play a part in the Plymuff game, has he had a recurrence of the injury? I know it is difficult because spome people heal quicker than others but whoever estimates the length of time our players are going to be out injured need to get their act together, they always seem to underestimate the length of time a player will be out through injury. They''ve said Clingan will be out for over a month but you can bet it''ll be over 2 months before he''s back.

[quote user="a1canary"]Roedy seems to be indicating it''s someone we don''t normally see there - Patty has played there a few times. I reckon it could be one of the defenders. Omozusi or Stefanovic even. Although i''d be loath to take Dejan out of the back four.[/quote]If we had to play a defender up front the one I''d like to see given the nod would be Semmy. Skilful and pacy with a good footballing brain and a good shot too he would in the very least be a good layoff player for a main striker and his pace would ensure the oppo defenders are kept pegged back deep.

Hmm, on second thoughts, i think that''s a good shout - Hoolahoop in the middle. We need someone creative who can see a pass or start an attack like Clingan can, and Wes can do that. I was thinking of having someone defensive with Fozzy given licence to attack, but Foz would be better at doing the defensive work, or maybe Russel, with Wes given the attacking role.

So far this season our captain is looking like the weak link in our defensive ranks. Give the armband to Dejan and drop Foz!

[quote user="Canaries Canary"]

we had an eleven against eleven at the training round this week

[/quote]

11 v 11 - was that a Norwich Permanent vs Rest of the World match (Fulham, Fiorentina, etc)