Sign in to follow this  
5-4-1

prozone

Roeder said

“The Pro Zone system we have is proving that, on the fitness table, we are top in terms of the ground all our players are covering

Pity we don''t get points for this.

God help us if we weren''t fit-we''d be pointless

Does fitness always translate to effectiveness ??-busy idiots spring to mind-we all know the guy who''s always working getting nothing done -we''ve got 11 of them?

all 92 Professional teams use Pro Zone i expect.. it does a lot more then tell who is the fittest player at the club too... its a powerful tool for any athlete and can help improve perfromance over time...

im a fan of players being fitter than the rest too... if a team starts to flag around 80 minutes it could cos them a goal.

jas :)

On a visit to Colney last year I was taken into the classroom and shown Pro Zone. It''s an amazing thing to see. They can use it to analyze players strengths and weaknesses as well as those of the opposition. It''s very popular with the players too and by all accounts they are eager to see their own stats after a game. The one I saw showed exactly why Mark Fotheringham is highly rated at the club and flies in the face of popular opinion on here.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

On a visit to Colney last year I was taken into the classroom and shown Pro Zone. It''s an amazing thing to see. They can use it to analyze players strengths and weaknesses as well as those of the opposition. It''s very popular with the players too and by all accounts they are eager to see their own stats after a game. The one I saw showed exactly why Mark Fotheringham is highly rated at the club and flies in the face of popular opinion on here.

[/quote]

agreed NN! I have said for a long long time that Fozzy is our best player.... just wait until he''s out of the side and see how pattison/rusty/ Clingan will go to peices....

[quote]

Does fitness always translate to effectiveness ??-busy idiots spring to mind-we all know the guy who''s always working getting nothing done -we''ve got 11 of them?[/quote]

In the season that Arsenal got to the final of the champions league, they won a lot of games with goals in the last 5 or 10 minutes.

[quote user="5-4-1"]

Pity we don''t get points for this.

God help us if we weren''t fit-we''d be pointless

Does fitness always translate to effectiveness ??-busy idiots spring to mind-we all know the guy who''s always working getting nothing done -we''ve got 11 of them?

[/quote]

You obviously need more than that to have a decent competitive side but I can''t see how it''s not an advantage to be as fit as possible, ffs.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

all 92 Professional teams use Pro Zone i expect.. it does a lot more then tell who is the fittest player at the club too... its a powerful tool for any athlete and can help improve perfromance over time...

im a fan of players being fitter than the rest too... if a team starts to flag around 80 minutes it could cos them a goal.

[/quote]You would think so wouldnt you, but alas only about 80% of championship clubs use Pro Zone so i guess lower the league then lower the %.

[quote user="barclay_troy"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]You would think so wouldnt you, but alas only about 80% of championship clubs use Pro Zone so i guess lower the league then lower the %.[/quote]

I''m very surpised to hear that! I''d of thought they all used it....

hvae they not heard of Bit Torrent? you can get anything off there...

I think it can only improve the team so I''m all for it.

If players know where they are going wrong induvidually then GR can concentrate on getting them to gel and play as a team, easy job football management, haha.

[quote user="barclay_troy"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]You would think so wouldnt you, but alas only about 80% of championship clubs use Pro Zone so i guess lower the league then lower the %.[/quote]Therefore you can''t say our team is the fittest as you can''t compare scientifically to all of them

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Anyone remember the championship season? We were by far the fittest team in the league. Fitness helps full stop.[/quote]

Yes, that was due to Prozac....not prozone.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Anyone remember the championship season? We were by far the fittest team in the league. Fitness helps full stop.[/quote]

[/quote]

Good grief, is that the best you can do? I have to say, I''m getting increasingly upset with the decline in quality of the likes of Mello, Cluck, etc, in recent months... their barbed insults just don''t cut the mustard these days, its like they''ve lost their mojo! They used to cut right to the bone, now its the equivalent of simply slapping our skin with a blunt butter knife... I''m going to organise me a one-man protest and demand a change........... BORED OUT!

There is a slight problem with Prozone I think - I''m sure it is an asset in probably many ways but a game analysis can show that a player had the highest level of accurate passing  while unfortunately   he was hopelessly out of position or lost his man which resulted in you being stuffed 2-0 at home.

Fitness helps, of course, but so does the penalty which was or wasn''t and/or the lino flagging for offside or not or none noticing that the "whole of the ball" had actually crossed the line.

Among many other things.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Good grief, is that the best you can do? I have to say, I''m getting increasingly upset with the decline in quality of the likes of Mello, Cluck, etc, in recent months... their barbed insults just don''t cut the mustard these days, its like they''ve lost their mojo! They used to cut right to the bone, now its the equivalent of simply slapping our skin with a blunt butter knife... I''m going to organise me a one-man protest and demand a change........... BORED OUT!

[/quote]

[C]

yeah - we''re fit, make no mistake, but plymouth are no slouches either - they know they need to be 100% to get anything out of games this season - and don''t forget, heavy pitches so early in the season will catch out some of the better teams who are not fully wound up yet, especially if lots of their squads have been playing this last 2 weeks in world cup qualifiers...expect some funny ole results this weekend/,.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

There is a slight problem with Prozone I think - I''m sure it is an asset in probably many ways but a game analysis can show that a player had the highest level of accurate passing  while unfortunately   he was hopelessly out of position or lost his man which resulted in you being stuffed 2-0 at home.

Fitness helps, of course, but so does the penalty which was or wasn''t and/or the lino flagging for offside or not or none noticing that the "whole of the ball" had actually crossed the line.

Among many other things.

[/quote]

Yes Cam.. that''s a valid point but I don''t think they use Prozone like a bible, but it''s a useful tool to have for a lot of reasons. The accurate passing is only part of the story, they can also put the passes on a screen like a cricket batsman''s waggon wheel. That then shows where the passes fail which may not always be down to the player making the pass. It''s also very usefull in checking out the opposition and maybe spotting weaknesses to exploit.

It''s not cheap though.

championship season we were exceptionally fit but were extremely high tempo for about 60minutes. We worked teams to death and when they caved in we footballed them to death. We had a good mix of effective player (Svennson, roberts, Huckerby and mcKenzie) and game breakers (Holt, Mackay, Fleming, Francis). We beat them up then beat them!

In the Premier League I know for a fact that we were 2nd/3rd in the table (Prozone) for fitness. I attended a Norfolk Coaches meeting were Dave Carolan told us so based on Prozone stats. that year Liverpool topped the tabel and won the Champions League. WE got relegated.

The stats are what you want them to be. Formations, personnle and state of games determine your work output. So covering more ground may be due to excellent fitness or lack of discipline in specific positions. It may laso be due to chasing games to get results.

We have not led this season and therefore have had to increase workrate to achieve results. Increased workrate means covering more distance.

Plymouth have always been a hard working side although built around players like Connolly, Norris and Nalis who have all left. Lets see where we finish in the real table rather than the call it as you see it ''Prozone'' league table!