Sign in to follow this  
Canarygeorge

My Team V Plymouth.

Clingan being injured saves Glenn from having to drop Patty or Fozzy. I''d have Stefanovic as Captain.

Marshall

Semmy                           Kennedy                                                       Stefanovic (Captain)                   Berty

Rusty                                             Fozzy                                                Patty

Hoolahan

Lupoli                                               Sibierski

Subs. Nelson,Omozusi, Grounds,Croft,Cureton. If Bell is nearing fitness, he''d replace Crofty, as Bell is more versatile, and better.  

Defensive midfield 3 if needed, Front 3 can drop back to midfield, interchange, or bomb forward. Grounds can cover L/B or C/B with Berty moving to L/M, Omozusi can do the same on the right side. Curo to come on as impact player if needed.

I realise i''ve selected 6 loanees, but as i understand it, we are allowed to due to Kennedy and Lupoli being "International Loans"

Thats the difference this season. We''ve got options, and better players.

View from a Plymouth perspective.  Not sure this guy would get many Christmas cards from Norfolk folk.....M_C Preview:

Is it just me or do ''the canaries'' possess the weakest and most camp nickname

in football? I even tried to spice it up within the thread title, but

any invading force based in the Canary Islands bear mental pictures

akin to a Gay Pride march. Rawr.

Our agreement with Norwich is thus: We''ll let them have three points at

Carrow Road in return for an easy win at Home Park. They''ve started

almost as slowly as Argyle, a point above us but yet to pick up a win

in their opening four games of the season. Like us, their fans are

predicting gloom and doom. Important for both sides that they get going

soon, then.

The summer''s been a busy one for Glenn Roeder. Out went ''the raw John Terry'' Jason Shackell (Quote-José Mourinho) to Wolves, and in from Fulham as

his replacement came ''the withered Jamie Carragher'' Dejan Stefanovic

(Quote-Bill Gates). Stefanovic will team up with Otsemobor, on-loan Chelsea fullback Ryan Bertrand, and Karl Kennedy to protect goalkeeper Marshall (son of Dwight-fact).

Norwich allowed talisman and torturer of Argyle fullbacks Darren

Huckerby to leave in the summer, and although the signings of Sibierski

and Lupoli will test the Argyle backline, it is with relief that they

appear to have much less of a threat on the wings, despite the hype of

Hoolahan and Bell at their previous clubs. In midfield Pattinson

recently impressed away at Cardiff, whilst captain Fotheringham is set to continue in the centre.

Although Glenn Roeder hasn''t been amazingly consistent with his

selections thus far this season, their side could look something like

this:---------------MarshallOtsemobor Kennedy Stefanovic BertrandPattinson Clingan Fotheringham Hoolahan-----------Lupoli Sibierski

Argyle signings Mpenza and Marin will be in the frame for their debuts.

Macnamee must surely have recovered from injury by now. With that in

mind, my starting line-up for Argyle is:----------StackMcNamee Timar Seip BarkerMarin Duguid Walton Puncheon------Mpenza Gallagher

It''s just occured to me how much longer the names of the Norwich XI are

to Argyle''s. Compensating for something else they lack, such as

ability, no doubt. Apart from long names, interesting things that

Norwich will be bringing down on Saturday include a drunk woman known

for her ranting ability and her baps, and an away following which''ll

appear to be wearing Argyle''s away strip from last season.

Norwich''s most famous residents include ''William Crotch'', ''Charles

Suckling Gilman'', chicken molestor Bernard Matthews, Radio DJ Tim

Westwood and Trisha Goddard. Normally I invent a couple of amusing

names to associate with places, but these are all real, as is Alan

Heath-a holocaust historian. I''m never one to judge, but what does it

say about Norwich if it''s inhabitants are bored enough to become

historians about something as morbid as the Holocaust?!

Despite this not being the biggest fixture to Norwich or Argyle fans, like their ''Old Farm Derby'' cousins Ipswich

they always bring a decent-sized, but mute, turnout to Home Park. This

is probably down to Norwich being a place which is "remote,

unsophisticated, gauche, and out-of-step with national trends"

(Quote-Tim Sherwood).

Norwich has the highest percentage of people affiliated to ''no

religion'' in England (fact), and this godlessness must serve as a

positive omen for Saturday. As Allah would say, "نورويتش هي مثلي الجنس.

"

Gotta love how that article calls him KARL Kennedy and seems to think Lupoli and Sibierski won''t cause all that much trouble... and how he seems to think we will expect doom and gloom, the majority of us on here at least seem to think we can win and will win and are looking positively towards the game... bloody Plymouth fans, so secluded they''ve run out their supply of brain cells and common sense.

Marshall, Otsemobor, Kennedy, Stefanovic, Bertrand, Pattison, Fotheringham, Russell, Hoolahan, Lupoli, Cureton

Subs: Nelson, Grounds, Croft, Koroma, Sibierski

Ah yes, back to the point of this topic... :)

Marshall

Otsemobor, Kennedy, Stefanovic, Bertrand

Croft, Pattison, Fotheringham, Hoolahan

Lupoli, Sibierski

Subs: Nelson, Omozusi, Russell, someone else, Cureton

I think this is what it WILL be, sadly I can''t see Glenn ever dropping Fotheringham until he has a howler like Lappin did last year at Plymouth and then never to be seen again.

Considering Pattison has been arguably our best attacking midfielder so far this season (excluding Russell as he''s been playing as a striker) surely he has to start, not only on merit but also on his attacking threat he has shown recently.

With Sibi coming in, he must start surely meaning poor Russell may have to miss out again.

On the bright side, for once I am so pleased we have such immense competition for every position... I would like to see Nelson push a bit more and try to get past Marshall, just to get him a worried and up his game even more! :)

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]Ah yes, back to the point of this topic... :) Marshall Otsemobor, Kennedy, Stefanovic, Bertrand Croft, Pattison, Fotheringham, Hoolahan Lupoli, Sibierski Subs: Nelson, Omozusi, Russell, someone else, Cureton I think this is what it WILL be, sadly I can''t see Glenn ever dropping Fotheringham until he has a howler like Lappin did last year at Plymouth and then never to be seen again. Considering Pattison has been arguably our best attacking midfielder so far this season (excluding Russell as he''s been playing as a striker) surely he has to start, not only on merit but also on his attacking threat he has shown recently. With Sibi coming in, he must start surely meaning poor Russell may have to miss out again. On the bright side, for once I am so pleased we have such immense competition for every position... I would like to see Nelson push a bit more and try to get past Marshall, just to get him a worried and up his game even more! :)[/quote]

You say Russell for captain, yet you leave him on the bench for Fotheringham??

[quote user="AndyJR"]View from a Plymouth perspective.  Not sure this guy would get many Christmas cards from Norfolk folk.....M_C Preview:

soon, then.

The summer''s been a busy one for Glenn Roeder. Out went ''the raw John Terry'' Jason Shackell (Quote-José Mourinho) to Wolves, and in from Fulham as

(Quote-Bill Gates). Stefanovic will team up with Otsemobor, on-loan Chelsea fullback Ryan Bertrand, and Karl Kennedy to protect goalkeeper Marshall (son of Dwight-fact).

recently impressed away at Cardiff, whilst captain Fotheringham is set to continue in the centre.

this:---------------MarshallOtsemobor Kennedy Stefanovic BertrandPattinson Clingan Fotheringham Hoolahan-----------Lupoli Sibierski

mind, my starting line-up for Argyle is:----------StackMcNamee Timar Seip BarkerMarin Duguid Walton Puncheon------Mpenza Gallagher

Despite this not being the biggest fixture to Norwich or Argyle fans, like their ''Old Farm Derby'' cousins Ipswich

(Quote-Tim Sherwood).

"

[/quote]The Norwich retaliation:

Is it me or do the "Pilgrims" have the most cowardly name in football? i tried to think of any other team whose name may indicate running away, or leaving fir various reason, but aside from "the tractor boys" i can think of no other team that may indicate movement or running away, more than Plymouth argyle.Our agreement with Plymouth argyle is thus, we will thrash them at Home park in exchange for them being thrashed at Carrow road, its a reasonable agreement and one that should come to fruition. Like Argyle, Norwich have started slowly and although we may arguably have had the tougher fixtures, Coventry and Cardiff away and Birmingham at home with only Blackpool being a game we definetly should have one based on reputation and ability, the argyle reuslts of a draw at home to wolves, losing away to reading, losing at home to swansea and a draw away to burnley (i think) plus another shocking result i''ve forgotten, Norwich have arguably had the tougher start to the season and grabbed the better results thus far. Unlike us, their fans are shocking, just today one of them tried to flog off a season ticket for a tenner to me which i politely turned down based on the fact i have style and class in the choice of my football team.Unlike Norwich City, Argyles summer has been rather lacklustre, after losing out to a host of players because they wished to go to a team with a more charismatic manager than someone named "luggy" they eventually managed to secure the panic signings of Paul Gallagher, thats like our Paul... who was chucked out because he was a rubbish keeper, he now plys his trade a striker. A washed up marseille winger who has better hair than ball control, and the the unfit, untalented and ageing Emile Mpenza who hasn''t played since.... i forget, awhile. Interesting they secured Puncheon, a player i believe is already used to being thrashed by Norwich after his time with Barnet (where i believe hes from) but he can''t really compare with the talismanic Peter Halmosi who was sold to Hull city over the summer and despite the impressive capture of punch bowl and Marin (who was signed beacause plymouth use to have a good (division two player) called mariner) they really don''t have much hope of beating the speed of ostemobor or the sheer talent of bertrand down the flanks, and any crosses they do get in will be easily dealt with by Kennedy and Stefanovic before the unfit Mpenza and the ex-goalie get a chance to do anything with it and Argyle fans will soon realise that these two are far better than the chuckle brothers of last season.

Argyle signings Mpenza and Marin will be in the frame for their debuts, mush to their displeasure and

Macnamee must surely have recovered from injury by now but will be desperate to avoid another humiliating game in front of the home (un)faithful. With that in

mind, my starting line-up for Argyle is:                                   ----------Stack                         McNamee Timar Seip BarkerMarin Duguid(who got relegated with colly) Walton (who) Puncheon------Mpenza Gallagher

to Argyle''s. Evidently due to the fact they''re players have more of something the argyle players have, such as

Norwich will be bringing down on Saturday include a celebrity chef known

for her cooking ability and football passion and is infinitely more vocal and well known than Argyles chairman Stapleton (the name of which is most famous for the character in a Sherlock holmes book, and not much else). Alongside  a bigger profile board, they will also bring an away following which''ll

appear to be wearing the strip we copied last year to make ourselves more of a luminous proposition to anyone who may want to buy us.

Plymouths most famous residents include.... uhhh.... no one...Plymouths two claims to fame however reside in a swimmer names Sharon Davies... who did very little in team GB and Sir Francis Drake, who decided that if any place should be destroyed by the Spanish armada,Plymouth was the best option and therefore made his stand and pursuit here. In fact Plymouth was so worried someone may put it out of its misery and wipe it off the face of the planet that they created a fake fortress on one of the headlands that, from the sea would look real and therefore be attacked, giving the city enough warning that they were screwed*This is pretty much how big Argyle fixtures get unless they knock Derby county out of the FA cup or lose to Hull city. While they try and spur up a rivalry with bristol city and Cardiff city, Cardiff enjoy a rivalry with Swansea city and bristol city with bristol rovers. Torquay United also decided a rivalry with Taunton FC was more appealing and therefore Plymouth Argyle are deservedly ignored by the footballing world unless they have to go there or host the team in green.I need not quote anyone to back up my point, the fact that Plymouth is a dung heap is enough to explain why no one really cares to much about them and few will cry when they slip back down to the divisions they belong.Plymouth has the highest population ofChavsMoronsIdiotsDrug dealersDrug UsersDrunkardsChavs (they have so many i have to list this twice)Fat people (pasties)and those with no football brain.So, perhaps with this layer of filth they cast over society it may serve as a good omen for Norwich City and as Ricky Hatton once said:"Lets F***ing have em!"

[quote user="AndyJR"]View from a Plymouth perspective.  Not sure this guy would get many Christmas cards from Norfolk folk.....M_C Preview:

soon, then.

(Quote-Tim Sherwood).

"

[/quote]I assume I''ll be getting no Christmas Cards either as I helped him (not that he listened much judging by some mistakes)

ncfc90 - "I think this is what it WILL be, sadly I can''t see Glenn ever dropping Fotheringham"

As quoted, I clearly stated this is what I think it will be, not ideally what I want it to be.

The day Glenn tries our midfield without fotheringham and sticks Russell alongside Pattison or Clingan the sooner we can all ease the debate of who to play in midfield :) Sadly I can''t see this happening in the near future...

As quoted, I clearly stated this is what I think it will be, not ideally what I want it to be. - CR

Whether this is the line up you want or your preferred line up, I think it is great. Like you, I''d consider putting Russell on instead of Fotherinham, although to be fair my opinion of Fotheringham is based solely on what others write about him on these threads.  There does seem to be a fair amount of criticism of him, though, so I wonder how good can he really be.  Leaving Russell on the bench would not be a good idea, although if they yanked Fotherinham if he sucked and replaced him with Russell, and this ignited a spark in the team, it could work out well in the end. 

Hopefully your line up is a reflection of what appears on field tomorrow.