Sign in to follow this  
Bayern Eunuch

Newcastle Ratings

Hi guys, log on to http://www.mrcarrow.co.uk/ratethem.php and submit your ratings there... the site will work out the totals ...

Here''s mine: I thought Edworthy played really well - Helveg will have a battle for the place.

Robert Green 7
Marc Edworthy 8
Adam Drury 7
Craig Fleming 7
Simon Charlton 7
Gary Holt 6
Damien Francis 8
David Bentley 7
Paul McVeigh 6
Darren Huckerby 8
Gary Doherty 8

Mattias Jonson 6
Leon McKenzie 6

Green 8
Edworthy 8
Charlton 7
Fleming 7
Drury 7
McVeigh 6
Francis 8
Holt 5
Bentley 8
Huckerby 8
Doherty 7 (would have been 6 if it wasn´t for the goal)

Too bad McKenzie didn´t get the first touch right when he was in the clear at the end. And Huckerbys volley....It could easily have been our first 3 points, at least i think we were the better side.

Another great thing was to watch the swedish comentator on canal +, as he was full of praise for norwich, althoug, he kept talking about bringing on the swedes! :) Nice with comentators who judge the team as they play, and not before the games.

Looking at yesterdays performance, we will stay up. Would I go too far, if I predict a top 10 finish?? If we play like yesterday, i think that is possibly.

And what a game on saturday! As usual I´ll be sitting in my sofa with the jersey(an old one, with the colman logo on) and the scarf, cheering on them! My friends think I´m nuts, but who cares! :)

//Calle in sweden

Green 8 - great save at the end- looked so so much better than Given

Edworthy - 8 impressed me a lot
Flem 7 - solid, commands well
Charlton - 8 - a great signing- one to watch
Drury - 7 - a future England man - I bet ya

McVeigh - 6- bit quiet
Francis- 9 - outstanding work rate - needs to work on his interview skills tho!!!
Holt - 6 poor Gary is finding it tough - may do better against weaker oppo
Bentley - 7 sparks of genius but phases in and out of games

Huckerby - 7 - what we have come to expect- he suits Nowch- we suit him!
Doc - 8 looking really committed- will get better and better with confidence

Leon - 8 deserves to start- made 2nd goal wonderfully and can hold the ball
Jonson - 7 looked better last night

all those that have given Drury 6, please explain... Was it he who should have picked up Hughes for their second?

yes, drury was by far better than average. and also i don''t know why anyone can put doherty as a 6 yesterday. i must have missed some mistakes he made then because he had a huge contribution to the game by holding the ball, and giving lay-offs superbly. and don''t forget he actually scored!

Lets not get carried away - top ten??

We''ve not won a game yet - though of course, I have been really impressed. What we are talking about is we''ve got a fighting chance of staying in the divison.

Green 8

Edworthy 8
Charlton 8
Fleming 7
Drury 8

McVeigh 7
Holt 5
Francis 9
Bentley 8

Huckerby 7
Doherty 8

Did anyone else notice Flemo and Eddie conversing with Bellars during the match? They all had a laugh during the match at one point or another and just showed how relaxed the team are. I''ve yet to see any of our players berating one another for a misplaced pass or mistimed tacle. The boys look to be playing for each other.

saw the whole game repeated tonight on canal+sports, this was my opinion

Green 6/7 (made several dodgy errors)
Drury 6 (less convincing than the UTD, he was at fault for the 1st goal and made the same error in the 2nd half leaving their right winger unmarked again)
Charlton 7(good steady performance)
Flem 8 (solid as a rock)
Edworthy 8 (good to see him back - he played a much more attacking wing back role - much better)
Francis 9 (Top draw again)
Holt 6 (good in the 1st half - silly mistakes in the 2nd)
McVeigh 6/7 (good in patches)
Bentley 7 (best game i''ve seen him play - still needs to improve the accuracy of his long passes)
Hucks 7 (good allround performance as usual - unlucky in the 1st half when clean through)
The Doc 8 (great job holding up and distributing)

Jonson - again quiet when he came on - he is playing like a defender not attacking right winger - totally lacking confidence - I know he has got the potential but he just wont break out of the shell at the moment)
McKensie - came on and got straight into the action - give him 25min on Saturday and he will score

Overall a great performance and the future looks good! looking forward to being back at carrow road on Saturday!

Agree with most of the ratings, thought Doherty played well, lasted the course of the game and is def. a player in the Nigel W mould - committed!. The most pleasing thing to see was, in injury time, when Green had the ball, instead of just wanting to play out time , he was anxious to get the game going again and start another City attack - more of that type of attitude please!