Sign in to follow this  
barclayboy1902

norwich turn down offer of cash !!!!!!!!!!

just been down to the club shop to get my father in laws shirt printed up for his 60th birthday present.Being a doncaster rovers fan {dont ask me why !!!} i got him a shirt and i wanted the nationwide numbers 60 and his name on the back,i always get a players name on the back of my norwich ones and i prefer the look!.so on my request to have the shirt printed i was told that we only print norwich shirts :(  but they will do it in jjb though!, oh thanks for that,knowing full well they wont be championship numbers i went over there anyway, to get brian 60 put on the back with premiership numbers,looks a bit odd.and to make it worse they charged £6 per number and £1.50 a letter,double that of the  club shop.well pi**ed me off,would rather of given the club the trade and i also wanted the proper numbers.

Sorry bit of a misleading headline !!

also want to get him a ticket for the game,but want to get it for the away pen,anybody know how id get one,if i cant dont fancy giving him my season ticket for barclay!

p.s if you see him in his shirt dont laugh at the premiership numbers its not his fault !! [its the club shop]

Utterley ridiculous club policy. Why turn down the cash just cos its not a Norwich shirt ffs??? Email Neil Doncaster about it and ask him why the club are turning down such income.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]Email Neil Doncaster about it and ask him why the club are turning down such income.[/quote]If I were you Barclay bloke I would definitely be contacting the Doomster about this. It''s pathetic that they turned down trade.

To be honest, for all we know this could be policy throughout the league clubs. Do you honestly think that Planet Blue would print a name on a Norwich shirt?

They also usually only print on new shirts or ones that have been professionally ironed, so that may have also been a reason for turning down your trade.

Printing shirts is a bit of an art, it''s not as easy as it may look. Lots of shops will only print shirts they sell purely because if they muck it up they can have another go. Say the club made as mistake on your Donny shirt, you''d be even more annoyed then and it would cost NCFC £40+ to source a replacement, compared to the cost price of a City shirt.

Im not calling you a liar but are you awear that JJB sports can not do any other shirts oother than premier league shirts as if they do they are in breaking there licencing laws. Youare not aloud (licenced premises) to print a premier league logo (numbers or letters) on to any thing else other than a premier leaguue shirt. Just thort id let you know.Have a good dayBen

Another thread with people having a go at our club. Report ''em to the press.. get Archant on the case.. complain to Doncaster (about Doncaster [*-)] )

Oh no.... hang on a minute.. maybe there''s a reason.................

Still....

Anti-board don''t mean anti-club [:|]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]Deeeeerrrrr Then maybe Barclayboy should have been told why.  Or is it too much trouble saying more than "Don''t do them"?

A while ago I went to ASDA to do the weekly shop (I didn''t see Carl Court).  I also needed to top up my mobile.  I went to top up my mobile first, saw the mobile top up sign, asked if I could top up my phone with £10.  "yes certainly"  I handed over my car then she saw the name Tesco and said "oh you can''t top that up here".

I was totally perplexed asked why and was told "its policy, just like you can''t top up an ASDA mobile in Tesco"  I told her to forget it and also that I was about to do the weekly shop, but she could forget that too, and thta I also would not be filling my car up on the way out.  And that I would be spending my money elsewhere.

What the hell does it matter what mobile I have got, they are just turning custom away, I was going to do the weekly shop and fill up with petrol and didn''t, it must have affected many other people too and many people don''t just shop in one shop.  They also make a small % on the top up, so that is just biting your nose off to spite your face and turning custom away.  As people like me who tend to shop, put in petrol and top up their mobile etc etc at the same time.

What do they think I am going to do, buy an ASDA mobile, because they are forcing me?

If I ever decide to frequent an ASDA store again and I have Tesco petrol in my tank, I think I will contact them by phone and ask if it is ok to drive into their car park, because my car has Tesco petrol in it, I am also likely to be wearing, Jeans, Socks and boxer shorts that I bought in Tesco, is it ok for me to walk around your store?

[quote user="Thirst Wizard"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Deeeeerrrrr Then maybe Barclayboy should have been told why.  Or is it too much trouble saying more than "Don''t do them"?
[/quote]

Maybe he was... did you ask him?

I thought he was told they only printed Norwich shirts?

i was given no reason as to why they wouldnt print it, i guessed it was because if a mistake was made they could replace the shirt,it was a brand new donny shirt still in the bag.at jjb had to sign a disclaimer to say that if they make a mistake then its my hard luck,as for printing as an art if the muppets that work in jjb can do it,although i was a bit worried!.

im no liar jjb have printed the shirt,am i able to attach a picture to show everyone!  breaking the licencing law,can i get some compo!

not a major issue wasnt going to post it,just annoyed me that all the money i have spent over the years with the club thet they couldnt print it for me,wouldve set off the shirt a treat

there was no reason they couldnt make me sign a disclaimer in the club shop

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Thirst Wizard"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]Deeeeerrrrr Then maybe Barclayboy should have been told why.  Or is it too much trouble saying more than "Don''t do them"?[/quote]

Taking BB at face value, he has said that the shop only prints on City shirts.  Me, I would have asked why but there you go the whole point of the thread I guess is to find out why.  If he was given a specific reason I guess he wouldn''t have posted the topic starter in the first place.

That''s not a reason. That''s just just statement what the printing operative is prepared to to.

[/quote]

its not unreasonable for the Club to say that i dont think.

would you buy a Ford then take it to a Nissan Garage and expect them to repair it?

jas :)

would  seriously think nissan would refuse to repair it, i dont think so !

business is business

being happy with the service in the past i thought  i would get it done there, i didnt get it done at the donny shop as i wasnt aware of the fitment of the shirts and wanted to see if that would fit him first,besides i knew i could get it done a the canary shop or so i thought

With an answer to youre earlier question,you should be able to buy him a ticket for the match from the away matchday ticket office(which are the windows between the hotel and the burger van)on the day as away teams very rarely sell out,Birmingham and Blackpool certainly didnt.If not you could always contact Donnies box office and i think they`ll be only too pleased to help!

[quote user="Thirst Wizard"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Thirst Wizard"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Deeeeerrrrr Then maybe Barclayboy should have been told why.  Or is it too much trouble saying more than "Don''t do them"?
[/quote]

Taking BB at face value, he has said that the shop only prints on City shirts.  Me, I would have asked why but there you go the whole point of the thread I guess is to find out why.  If he was given a specific reason I guess he wouldn''t have posted the topic starter in the first place.

That''s not a reason. That''s just just statement what the printing operative is prepared to to.

[/quote][/quote]

Ok.. fair enough.. good points all round.. report ''em to Doncaster (about Doncaster[*-)] ) get Archant to run a story... see if Cam can get a decent "wicked spendthrift club" article in the nationals.. maybe About Anglia or Look Scum could be interested.. if not Bygones or Farming Diary...  or ask Gerry Harrison to ''ave a word on Match Of The Week...

Anti-board doesn''t mean anti-club.. it''s just a coincidence [:|]

It''s purely because (as Pete said) they can''t replace it if they make a mistake.

I got an Ireland football top and was going everywhere to get it printed (well JJB and NCFC) and they couldn''t because if it goes wrong there''s nothing they can do.  In the end I got it done at Sports World where I bought it (even though it was Premier League numbering) as they could replace the top if there was a mistake.

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."][quote user="CaptnCanary"]Email Neil Doncaster about it and ask him why the club are turning down such income.[/quote]

If I were you Barclay bloke I would definitely be contacting the Doomster about this. It''s pathetic that they turned down trade.
[/quote]

Good to see the Cheif Exec''s time is taken up on important things!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

A while ago I went to ASDA to do the weekly shop (I didn''t see Carl Court).  I also needed to top up my mobile.  I went to top up my mobile first, saw the mobile top up sign, asked if I could top up my phone with £10.  "yes certainly"  I handed over my car then she saw the name Tesco and said "oh you can''t top that up here".

I was totally perplexed asked why and was told "its policy, just like you can''t top up an ASDA mobile in Tesco"  I told her to forget it and also that I was about to do the weekly shop, but she could forget that too, and thta I also would not be filling my car up on the way out.  And that I would be spending my money elsewhere.

What the hell does it matter what mobile I have got, they are just turning custom away, I was going to do the weekly shop and fill up with petrol and didn''t, it must have affected many other people too and many people don''t just shop in one shop.  They also make a small % on the top up, so that is just biting your nose off to spite your face and turning custom away.  As people like me who tend to shop, put in petrol and top up their mobile etc etc at the same time.

What do they think I am going to do, buy an ASDA mobile, because they are forcing me?

If I ever decide to frequent an ASDA store again and I have Tesco petrol in my tank, I think I will contact them by phone and ask if it is ok to drive into their car park, because my car has Tesco petrol in it, I am also likely to be wearing, Jeans, Socks and boxer shorts that I bought in Tesco, is it ok for me to walk around your store?

[/quote]

I can see what you''re saying but at the same time I doubt she was bothered in the slightest with regard to your threat of not shopping there anymore.

You also make the point that the Club shop was half the cost of JJB.  Have you considered that the majority of the profit when printing is in the actual shirt itself.  I think its a reasonable policy by the club to do this.  You have to ignore that black and white money bit and consider risk, gross profit, net profit blah blah blah.

Just a question though, why didnt you just contact the Donny Rovers club shop and buy one mail order with the name and number on it?

hi carlos,as previously mentioned,i was unsure of the shirt fitments and wanted to make sure that it would fit him before printing.besides i knew the club shop done shirt printing and was happy to take it there.when buying a shirt from jjb its less than half the cost i hads to pay,the city shop could of done the same and charged me double,still would of had it done

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]Utterley ridiculous club policy. Why turn down the cash just cos its not a Norwich shirt ffs??? Email Neil Doncaster about it and ask him why the club are turning down such income.[/quote]

I had this problem when my brothers came from B-ham to the match, the only way you can get him a ticket in the away fan area is wait till Doncaster return unsold tickets. 

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]Utterley ridiculous club policy. Why turn down the cash just cos its not a Norwich shirt ffs??? Email Neil Doncaster about it and ask him why the club are turning down such income.[/quote]

I had this problem when my brothers came from B-ham to the match, the only way you can get him a ticket in the away fan area is wait till Doncaster return unsold tickets. 

[/quote]

If he is a Donny fan then surely he is a member at the very least... if so phone the club, 01302 762576, took me all of 10 seconds to find on google, they will be able to sell him a ticket or 2 in the away end....

jas :)

Doesn''t surprise me in the slightest... not the only way in which the club are turning down money.

I know for a fact that they could be saving thousands of pounds per month in their pruchasing and marketing department if they were prepared to break away from the old friends school tie way of purchasing items.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Doesn''t surprise me in the slightest... not the only way in which the club are turning down money.

I know for a fact that they could be saving thousands of pounds per month in their pruchasing and marketing department if they were prepared to break away from the old friends school tie way of purchasing items.

[/quote]

I think they''re actually discussing NORWICH City Smudge.