Sign in to follow this  
bob the builder

gr slagers

I have to hold my hands up and say that I got it wrong. I was gutted with his appointment and expected him to take us down but the job he and Lee Clark have done is exceptional. They saved us from the mess Peter Grant left and are slowly turning us into a team to be proud of again. I just wish they had more money to spend and did not have to rely on the loan market. I have a sneaky feeling we will finish above the binners!

In my mind, the last piece of the jigsaw is now money!

1 - Outstanding fan base and well done to us all for being as committed as we are

2 - Quality manager, assistant and youth coach who have sparked confidence in us all and the players, and fear into opposition to visit. Beautifully slick football and today we put away some chances at least.

3 - Excellent squad, great competition for all places resulting in those left out upping their game and pushing the selected 11 player to up theirs too.

4 - A board willing to look to the future, with the club up for sale it''s clear they are now looking to build a strong future for us all with a new mass investor.

Once we have financial backing so Glenn doesn''t have to resort to the loan market to sort out our striker problem then we have a club all set for a title campaign.

OTBC

[quote user="stozza"]I have to hold my hands up and say that I got it wrong. I was gutted with his appointment and expected him to take us down but the job he and Lee Clark have done is exceptional. They saved us from the mess Peter Grant left and are slowly turning us into a team to be proud of again. I just wish they had more money to spend and did not have to rely on the loan market. I have a sneaky feeling we will finish above the binners![/quote]

Me too. I was very, very disappointed and was hoping for Paul Jewell (although, to be fair I wouldn''t call myself a GR Slagger, as I didn''t spout off on here about awful I thought his appointment was). How wrong was I?! I''d much rather have GR than PJ, I know there''s a long way to go, but I''m feeling pretty positive. I don''t think we''ll finish any higher than possibly the play-offs, but to be honest being anywhere even close to play-offs will be a major achievement when you consider the mess otherwise known as the Peter Grant Era.

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]In my mind, the last piece of the jigsaw is now money! 1 - Outstanding fan base and well done to us all for being as committed as we are 2 - Quality manager, assistant and youth coach who have sparked confidence in us all and the players, and fear into opposition to visit. Beautifully slick football and today we put away some chances at least. 3 - Excellent squad, great competition for all places resulting in those left out upping their game and pushing the selected 11 player to up theirs too. 4 - A board willing to look to the future, with the club up for sale it''s clear they are now looking to build a strong future for us all with a new mass investor. Once we have financial backing so Glenn doesn''t have to resort to the loan market to sort out our striker problem then we have a club all set for a title campaign. OTBC[/quote]

?

Which uni were you saying you were off to again?

One lpve.

OTBC

[quote user="barclay_troy"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="bob the builder"]where are you now?[/quote]They are all here.Except for one who is here.[/quote]How do you find these sites?[:O][/quote]I wrote the internet.