Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

I could happily back Roeder....IF!

He quit tinkering with a settled side, and stopped trying to give all the loanees a game now and then.

He stopped having a go at players in public, and he does, despite him saying that he doesn''t do that sort of thing!.

He stopped saying he''s signing players in a week and then no one actually appears.

But as I say IF................[:S]

Hi Wiz, nice to see you back, hit the road running I see, but try and take it easy mate... SMILE !

By the way I agree with all you say . But I am on an amnesty with GR at the moment.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

He quit tinkering with a settled side, and stopped trying to give all the loanees a game now and then.

He stopped having a go at players in public, and he does, despite him saying that he doesn''t do that sort of thing!.

He stopped saying he''s signing players in a week and then no one actually appears.

[/quote]

Blah, blah, blah. Wiz me old mate give him a chance

[/quote]

After all,its not like we''re playing exciting and attractive football,is it?

Oh,and shouldn''t you have added "He started playing poor little Jaimie in every game" to your post?

[/quote]

with your ill health  have you seen us play this season  wizard  ? cos although my 1st game was birmingham i didn`t recognize the brand of football from the past 3 seasons  and i left the ground   buzzing. if thats the glenn roeder effect then i want more of it, to quote a well known poster on here

Many many many fans are restricted to watching on the wireless, goal highlights, results on teletext, reports found through google and in some cases the bare result and league position. For many of these it''s no fault of their own that they can''t attend and they out number those that are lucky enough to get to games. For a lot of these fans the Birmingham was a 1-1 draw which left us without a win all season and languishing 19th in the division heading for a season of struggle and likely relegation. Those lucky enough to see goal highlights could add to that a soft goal conceded from a free kick given away ''in and around the box'' and missed chances at the end allowing us to escape with a point.

Football[:^)].......

What football[:|]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Many many many fans are restricted to watching on the wireless, goal highlights, results on teletext, reports found through google and in some cases the bare result and league position. For many of these it''s no fault of their own that they can''t attend and they out number those that are lucky enough to get to games. For a lot of these fans the Birmingham was a 1-1 draw which left us without a win all season and languishing 19th in the division heading for a season of struggle and likely relegation. Those lucky enough to see goal highlights could add to that a soft goal conceded from a free kick given away ''in and around the box'' and missed chances at the end allowing us to escape with a point.

and those lucky enough to go saw a bloody good  match,  with us standing toe to toe with a team which had premiership quality  right through the squad  and playing them off the park for long periods of the game

[/quote]

[quote user="ched seven"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

and those lucky enough to go saw a bloody good  match,  with us standing toe to toe with a team which had premiership quality  right through the squad  and playing them off the park for long periods of the game

[/quote]

That was my point Ched.

[/quote]

The squad has been fairly settled this season (in the league), with just a couple of main changes because of injury (or because our forwards weren''t doing the business) so that doesn''t appear to be very valid at the moment.

He had a go at Hoolahan yes, but that''s about it. Honestly, I can''t believe the hoo-hah over this one. Anyone would think he''s suddenly become Peter Grant''s older brother.

The player signing situation was a complicated one. The fans were expectant for someone to come in, as were the media (hence their continual asking for a response). I don''t see how he could of won, if he''d said "I don''t know when/if we can get Iversen" he''d of got slagged off too. But don''t worry; I''m sure he won''t be saying anything like that for at least 4 months...

Pretty weak criticisms there, given that things on the pitch seem more promising than in recent times (despite the lack of a win). I''d expect better from you, or perhaps not.

When has he tinkered? If your refering to last yr when Russell got suspended, get over it! It needed to happen. Or when James Henry played away v Leicester? When Bertrand fell ill just before KO?

U my old boy talk some squit at times.

The team has been tinkered with?? Maybe I''ve been watching Northwich then!! :)

Any changes that do get made to starting line-ups will be earnt as we have 2 players competition for one position, for EVERY position on the pitch apart from Sibierski''s spot which we know Glenn will continue work on when the new year arrives.

I totally agree Wiz about the whole, "i''m not one for" saying this and that before promptly saying it! I''m not one for singling out players for praise but he does. I''m not one for criticising players but he does. I''m not one for talking about other clubs/managers but he does. The classic one the other day was about Sibierski turning down a premier league club to join us. "I''m not saying who it was. But it was a big club. With a highly respected manager. One of the most highly thought of British managers. And Sibs would have been 4th striker there. No it''s not Martin O''Neill. Really."

Thing is though Wiz, he''s the best thing that has happened to this club since Worthy took us up, so you just have to let it slide. At least while he''s still having a positive impact on our club. Which he is.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]I could happily back Roeder....IF!...........I had a big shiny moon on this stick of mine.Welcome back Wiz [;)][/quote]Omar Little!  Excellent!No tinkering this season yet Wiz, a pretty stable lineup in all the league games and some changes for the Carling Cup.

[quote user="a1canary"]I totally agree Wiz about the whole, "i''m not one for" saying this and that before promptly saying it! I''m not one for singling out players for praise but he does. I''m not one for criticising players but he does. I''m not one for talking about other clubs/managers but he does. The classic one the other day was about Sibierski turning down a premier league club to join us. "I''m not saying who it was. But it was a big club. With a highly respected manager. One of the most highly thought of British managers. And Sibs would have been 4th striker there. No it''s not Martin O''Neill. Really." Thing is though Wiz, he''s the best thing that has happened to this club since Worthy took us up, so you just have to let it slide. At least while he''s still having a positive impact on our club. Which he is.[/quote]

I tend to agree with you A1, that Roeder could become a wonderful City manager if he''s hands are not tied by the board, because the slightest run of bad results, will have the board blaming him for it and getting themselves off the hook.....again! 

I''m right behind him......not literally. With the money he''s (not) spent the man has done an astounding job. I don''t know whether you''ve seen us play Wiz but I don''t think you''d be doubting him if you''d seen the football we''re playing. As I said in the pub last night, I genuinely beleive we''ll be loitering around the play offs if we keep this up. Just need to get our first win....

[quote user="Mark Smith"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

The squad has been fairly settled this season (in the league), with just a couple of main changes because of injury (or because our forwards weren''t doing the business) so that doesn''t appear to be very valid at the moment.

He had a go at Hoolahan yes, but that''s about it. Honestly, I can''t believe the hoo-hah over this one. Anyone would think he''s suddenly become Peter Grant''s older brother.

The player signing situation was a complicated one. The fans were expectant for someone to come in, as were the media (hence their continual asking for a response). I don''t see how he could of won, if he''d said "I don''t know when/if we can get Iversen" he''d of got slagged off too. But don''t worry; I''m sure he won''t be saying anything like that for at least 4 months...

Pretty weak criticisms there, given that things on the pitch seem more promising than in recent times (despite the lack of a win). I''d expect better from you, or perhaps not.

[/quote]

Well he is about as much use as Peter Grant... as the coming 6 weeks or so will no doubt tell us.

[quote user="Hoolahoop"]I''m right behind him......not literally. With the money he''s (not) spent the man has done an astounding job. I don''t know whether you''ve seen us play Wiz but I don''t think you''d be doubting him if you''d seen the football we''re playing. As I said in the pub last night, I genuinely beleive we''ll be loitering around the play offs if we keep this up. Just need to get our first win....[/quote]

I''m not here to bash him as such Hoolahoop, and yes, I''ve only seen the spuds game so far this season, but I do hear from reliable sources that the team is playing well so far.

However, I''m also very aware of the ''second season Roeder syndrome'', I can only only pray that this is the season that he buries that tag for good

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="Smudger"]

Well he is about as much use as Peter Grant... as the coming 6 weeks or so will no doubt tell us.

[/quote]

The mystic troll strikes again....[:|]

[/quote]He''s got a head like a f***ing orange [:D]

1st wiz and smudger  why the hell do you bother.

even when you have been ill wiz you still come back with a moan and smudge

well i belive you dont give two monkeys and love get other city fans going.

very strange your lives must be lonely.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mark Smith"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I dont really get wound up by much but you really are a prat!

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mark Smith"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I dont really get wound up by much but you really are a prat!

[/quote]

hahaha it is what you lot all told me this time last year when I was saying precisely the same things about Grant.