Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

'Big shot' philantropist with a 2 year horizon.

[quote user="blahblahblah"] And what''s wrong with a beige cardigan ?[/quote]

Some people just can''t get to grips with fashion.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Couldn''t he keep around 100m or so of what he doesn''t really need to pursue an exciting hobby full of the thrill of the chase and deal making after retiring?

And now there''s another ''difficult'' woman to contend with. Fascinating..

Note his timeframe. He will need to get his hobby in place and up and running (just like the charity) so he doesn''t suffer withdrawal symptoms on retirement.

[/quote]As imitation is the greatest form of flattery I will reply as such;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------“I never wanted a seat on the board and I do not want to run a football club." - Peter Cullum, 04 Sept 2008Discuss.ps.  I have highlighted the pertinent part of the quote to help you along.

[quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Couldn''t he keep around 100m or so of what he doesn''t really need to pursue an exciting hobby full of the thrill of the chase and deal making after retiring?

Note his timeframe. He will need to get his hobby in place and up and running (just like the charity) so he doesn''t suffer withdrawal symptoms on retirement.

[/quote]

As imitation is the greatest form of flattery I will reply as such;
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I never wanted a seat on the board and I do not want [:)]run a football club." - Peter Cullum, 04 Sept 2008

Discuss.

ps.  I have highlighted the pertinent part of the quote to help you along.

[/quote]

Have you ever negotiated anything?

In Negotiating 101 it''s called Basic Tactics.

[:-*]

OTBC

[/quote]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I never wanted a seat on the board and I do not want to run a football club." - Peter Cullum, 04 Sept 2008

Discuss.

[/quote]

Clever wording that.

He said HE doesn''t want a seat on the board and HE doesn''t want to run a football club. However perhaps he wants to install SOMEONE ELSE to represent him on the board and run the club in his stead. Its a possibility.

(and before anyone says it, funding a club isn''t the same as running it)

Why are the quotes attributed to Delia Smith never clever wording? Posters will dig around for hours to discredit any quote they can find from the past.

As I have said before, last October Cullum''s spokesman was quoted as saying “He is obviously concerned, like any other Norwich supporter, about recent performances. But he has no intention of buying the club.”

So there you have it. HE doesn''t want a seat on the board and HE doesn''t want to run the club and HE doesn''t want to buy the club.

So what does he want?

Maybe Bly has read Double Standards 101 or Hypocritical Posting 101 or even What''s Good For The Goose Is Good For The Gander 101

Any suggestions for Room 101 [:^)]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

“I never wanted a seat on the board and I do not want [:)]run a football club." - Peter Cullum, 04 Sept 2008

Discuss.

[/quote]

Have you ever negotiated anything?

In Negotiating 101 it''s called Basic Tactics.

[:-*]

OTBC

[/quote]As you are educating me bly, in negotiating 101, does it suggest you actually need to make an offer? Or is that not part of negotiating?

[/quote]

“I never wanted a seat on the board and I do not want to run a football club." - Peter Cullum, 04 Sept 2008

Discuss.

[/quote]

Saint. Could you give us a reference for that quotation?

We asssume that you arevnot relying just on your memory - like nutty?

Thanks in advance.

One love.

OTBC

Dear Bly,Are you delighted about our first, incredibly convincing win of the season, and would you be happy to see us finish in the top 1/3rd of the table this season (without investment from Cullum)?---Two loves. NCFC

Come on bly, with your love and mastery of google (and considering the age of the article you based this thread on) I would be be aghast if a man as inquisitive as yourself could not find an article less than two weeks old. Don''t be shy bly, just copy and paste, you''ve never had a problem with it before.

[quote user="Saint Canary"]Come on bly, with your love and mastery of google (and considering the age of the article you based this thread on) I would be be aghast if a man as inquisitive as yourself could not find an article less than two weeks old. Don''t be shy bly, just copy and paste, you''ve never had a problem with it before.[/quote]

So you don''t have a reference then.

Didn''t think so.

Made it up did you?

Dear oh dear oh dear

OTBC

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Why are the quotes attributed to Delia Smith never clever wording? Posters will dig around for hours to discredit any quote they can find from the past.

As I have said before, last October Cullum''s spokesman was quoted as saying “He is obviously concerned, like any other Norwich supporter, about recent performances. But he has no intention of buying the club.”

So there you have it. HE doesn''t want a seat on the board and HE doesn''t want to run the club and HE doesn''t want to buy the club.

So what does he want?

Maybe Bly has read Double Standards 101 or Hypocritical Posting 101 or even What''s Good For The Goose Is Good For The Gander 101

[/quote]

Quoting without references again nutty.

You must really do better. And Auntie being a pulished author and all.

Dear oh dear oh dear.

OTBC

[quote user="I.S."]Dear Bly,

Are you delighted about our first, incredibly convincing win of the season, and would you be happy to see us finish in the top 1/3rd of the table this season (without investment from Cullum)?

---

Two loves. NCFC

[/quote]

Show me one post in which I have not been fully supportive of Glenn Roeder and his brave approach to his work.

If  you can''t separate issues, then stop posing and wasting our time.

Dear oh dear oh dear.

One love.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

So what does he want?

[/quote]

Dear oh dear oh dear.

OTBC

[/quote]

This from the poster who rewrites history, gets caught out time and time again posting inaccurately and finally holds up disinformation fromWikipedia saying "I was right all along now go and eat humble pie"[^o)]

Your bedtime reading this week has obviously been Hypocrisy 101 [:O]

Those quotes are all from Archant news. They have been referenced on here time and time again. A good memory means it''s not neccessary to continually dig out the links.

Vescere bracis meis

Two one love

[quote user="Saint Canary"]Come on bly, with your love and mastery of google (and considering the age of the article you based this thread on) I would be be aghast if a man as inquisitive as yourself could not find an article less than two weeks old. Don''t be shy bly, just copy and paste, you''ve never had a problem with it before.[/quote]

So you don''t have a reference then.

Didn''t think so.

Made it up did you?

Dear oh dear oh dear

OTBC

[/quote]To quote a "grate" man, "You should try googling. It will open up your blinkered world."  The quote is from the Evening News as I am sure you well know but if you really, really need the link Bly I will post it for you.http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/news/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=News&tBrand=enonline&tCategory=news&itemid=NOED03%20Sep%202008%2008%3A42%3A29%3A053I''m just sorry I cannot highlight the relevant quote in orange for you, I will email Archant on your behalf though. Big Smile [:D]

[quote user="I.S."]Dear Bly,Are you delighted about our first, incredibly convincing win of the season, and would you be happy to see us finish in the top 1/3rd of the table this season (without investment from Cullum)?---Two loves. NCFC[/quote]

Show me one post in which I have not been fully supportive of Glenn Roeder and his brave approach to his work.

Dear oh dear oh dear.

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]Perhaps you should just answer the question, rather than deflecting attention away AGAIN...If you don''t have the ability to do that, maybe you should stop posing, posting, and wasting our time with your pointless threads?Dear oh dear oh dear.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="I.S."]Dear Bly,

Are you delighted about our first, incredibly convincing win of the season, and would you be happy to see us finish in the top 1/3rd of the table this season (without investment from Cullum)?

---

Two loves. NCFC

[/quote]

Dear oh dear oh dear.

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

Perhaps you should just answer the question, rather than deflecting attention away AGAIN...

If you don''t have the ability to do that, maybe you should stop posing, posting, and wasting our time with your pointless threads?

Dear oh dear oh dear.
[/quote]

It''s quite simple you know. Just stop reading my threads. Duh.

But you''re irresistably drawn in, aren''t you.  

One love.

OTBC

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

So what does he want?

[/quote]

Dear oh dear oh dear.

OTBC

[/quote]

This from the poster who rewrites history, gets caught out time and time again posting inaccurately and finally holds up disinformation fromWikipedia saying "I was right all along now go and eat humble pie"[^o)]

Those quotes are all from Archant news. They have been referenced on here time and time again. A good memory means it''s not neccessary to continually dig out the links.

Vescere bracis meis

Two one love

[/quote]

You''re driven to fibbing, playing with libel and acting up for your fan club like a one-eyed man I see.

It''s fortunate for us recipients that there is a Lord above who sees and knows all things.

I''m told by friends that I shouldn''t bother because 1''m operating in the Premiership and you are plumbing the depths of League 2.

I tell them no. But sometimes its hard to ignore them when you trot out your bitter but sanitised garbage.

One love.

OTBC

[quote]It''s fortunate for us recipients that there is a Lord above who sees and knows all things.[/quote]

The latin quotes made you look silly, the snobbery just makes you look aloof, you never actually win an argument as you always skirt around it like some derainged prancing leprachaun chanting "riddle me dee, begorrah" and now you''ve taken to God to take the moral high ground.

What next ?  Quantum physics ?  Spinning plates ?  Maybe sawing a lady in half ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]It''s fortunate for us recipients that there is a Lord above who sees and knows all things.[/quote]

The latin quotes made you look silly, the snobbery just makes you look aloof, you never actually win an argument as you always skirt around it like some derainged prancing leprachaun chanting "riddle me dee, begorrah" and now you''ve taken to God to take the moral high ground.

What next ?  Quantum physics ?  Spinning plates ?  Maybe sawing a lady in half ?

[/quote]

It must be terrible to be like you having coping with tunnel vision, but then again if one doesn''t know one''s got it..........

Dear oh dear oh dear.

One love.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Check this for an insight into the mind of Peter Cullum.

You''ll find it interesting.

From

February 25, 2008

Big shot: Peter Cullum

Peter Cullum may owe his former wife another vote of thanks. For more than a year, there has been speculation that the 57-year-old plans to sell a chunk of Towergate, his insurance empire, to a private equity firm in a deal valuing the business in the region of £3billion. In this weekend''s version of the story, Mr Cullum is in talks to sell a 25percent stake in the company to Candover, the buyout firm.

If the deal does (at long last) happen, it could net a cool £850million for Mr Cullum, who owns 70 percent of Towergate, an insurance broking and intermediary business that he founded ten years ago, and his management team. Thus another vote of thanks for his former wife, whose existence, he likes to joke, necessitated setting up the business in the first place.

Crowned the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year in 2005 and the Deal Maker of the Year at the M&A Awards last year, Mr Cullum is the deal junky''s deal junky. He built Towergate out of more than 120 acquisitions of regional brokers and underwriting agencies and now employs more than 3,500 staff across 100 offices.

Yet despite his love of the thrill of the chase, Mr Cullum says that, unlike Warren Buffett, he has no intention of sticking around for ever and probably will set his departure date in the next couple of years. After leaving Towergate, he will concentrate on his charitable trust, which is run by his two daughters and focuses on children''s charities

Last year he paid half of his £9.2million bonus into the trust. A deal with Candover could mean another boost. Mr Cullum says: “I will give away hundreds of millions because my children do not need it. Philanthropy to me is real and I want to use my wealth to make a difference".

Now if you have the capacity to be analytical try making some deductions from this evidence without emotions getting in the way.

OTBC

[/quote]OK Bly, here goes an honest attempt (and this is something that can apply to Delia too). PC is clearly a man of deep moral convictions and wants to improve the lives of those less fortunate than himself. So if he sees the value of philanthropy, he may find himself thinking "Hmmm... I have twenty million going spare. Now, I could invest it in a middle ranking Championship team, who might then become if lucky a middle ranking Premiership team. The ride would be enjoyable, and it would make tens if not hundreds of thousands of people happy - but then history shows that they could end up exactly where they are now and I''d be down £20 million. Or, I could use it to better the lives of people struggling with poverty, disability or other difficulties and make a real difference to many people who otherwise are probably condemned to a miserable existence."Better hope he''s not too much a philanthropist eh?[/quote]

So you think that he must give away all he doesn''t need to charity?

And now there''s another ''difficult'' woman to contend with. Fascinating.

I''m sure that it would give almost any Norfolk lad a big thrill to be in a position to give the city he grew up in and played for as a boy the opportunity to become a consistent outperformer again.

We must be careful of inducing an Animal Farm situation which some yellow journalists are attempting in support of the Holy one. You know: Rich man bad, poor woman good.

Good planning, I''d say.

And Nuffy  - sarcasm will never win you this argument, only cheap popularity from the usual suspects.

(See macd, I''ve responded. Your turn now.) 

OTBC

[/quote]Ooooh, get her!Because you either have difficulty recognising it Bly, or deliberately misrepresent people''s views when they''re not convenient perhaps, that was sarcastic. My original response was not. I was trying to pose a genuine point for discussion - when they are far more "worthy" - no pun intended - causes to donate your money to, how justiiable is it to pour millions into a football club?

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Check this for an insight into the mind of Peter Cullum.

You''ll find it interesting.

From

February 25, 2008

Big shot: Peter Cullum

Peter Cullum may owe his former wife another vote of thanks. For more than a year, there has been speculation that the 57-year-old plans to sell a chunk of Towergate, his insurance empire, to a private equity firm in a deal valuing the business in the region of £3billion. In this weekend''s version of the story, Mr Cullum is in talks to sell a 25percent stake in the company to Candover, the buyout firm.

If the deal does (at long last) happen, it could net a cool £850million for Mr Cullum, who owns 70 percent of Towergate, an insurance broking and intermediary business that he founded ten years ago, and his management team. Thus another vote of thanks for his former wife, whose existence, he likes to joke, necessitated setting up the business in the first place.

Crowned the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year in 2005 and the Deal Maker of the Year at the M&A Awards last year, Mr Cullum is the deal junky''s deal junky. He built Towergate out of more than 120 acquisitions of regional brokers and underwriting agencies and now employs more than 3,500 staff across 100 offices.

Yet despite his love of the thrill of the chase, Mr Cullum says that, unlike Warren Buffett, he has no intention of sticking around for ever and probably will set his departure date in the next couple of years. After leaving Towergate, he will concentrate on his charitable trust, which is run by his two daughters and focuses on children''s charities

Last year he paid half of his £9.2million bonus into the trust. A deal with Candover could mean another boost. Mr Cullum says: “I will give away hundreds of millions because my children do not need it. Philanthropy to me is real and I want to use my wealth to make a difference".

Now if you have the capacity to be analytical try making some deductions from this evidence without emotions getting in the way.

OTBC

[/quote]

OK Bly, here goes an honest attempt (and this is something that can apply to Delia too).

PC is clearly a man of deep moral convictions and wants to improve the lives of those less fortunate than himself. So if he sees the value of philanthropy, he may find himself thinking "Hmmm... I have twenty million going spare. Now, I could invest it in a middle ranking Championship team, who might then become if lucky a middle ranking Premiership team. The ride would be enjoyable, and it would make tens if not hundreds of thousands of people happy - but then history shows that they could end up exactly where they are now and I''d be down £20 million. Or, I could use it to better the lives of people struggling with poverty, disability or other difficulties and make a real difference to many people who otherwise are probably condemned to a miserable existence."

Better hope he''s not too much a philanthropist eh?
[/quote]

So you think that he must give away all he doesn''t need to charity?

And now there''s another ''difficult'' woman to contend with. Fascinating.

I''m sure that it would give almost any Norfolk lad a big thrill to be in a position to give the city he grew up in and played for as a boy the opportunity to become a consistent outperformer again.

We must be careful of inducing an Animal Farm situation which some yellow journalists are attempting in support of the Holy one. You know: Rich man bad, poor woman good.

Good planning, I''d say.

And Nuffy  - sarcasm will never win you this argument, only cheap popularity from the usual suspects.

(See macd, I''ve responded. Your turn now.) 

OTBC

[/quote]

Ooooh, get her!

Because you either have difficulty recognising it Bly, or deliberately misrepresent people''s views when they''re not convenient perhaps, that was sarcastic. My original response was not. I was trying to pose a genuine point for discussion - when they are far more "worthy" - no pun intended - causes to donate your money to, how justiiable is it to pour millions into a football club?
[/quote]

My Granny (and maybe many other Grannies!) - a Norfolk girl to her bones - used to say:

• A little of what you fancy does you good
  • More haste, less speed
  • Rich man, poor man, beggar man, thief - love them all
  • Variety is the spice of life

I repeat.  Do you think that a rich man like Cullum should (after looking after himself and his family) give all his wealth to charity, or use some to spread a little happiness amongst football fans in the county of his birth?

Variety is the spice of life, I know where my vote would go.

One love,

OTBC

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

He can stick with leprechauns, I would say.  All of them are cobblers, you know.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

He can stick with leprechauns, I would say.  All of them are cobblers, you know.

[/quote]

Hack, hack, hack.

Attishhhooo!!!!

And all of them have chips.

Hack, hack, hack

One love.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

So what does he want?

[/quote]

Dear oh dear oh dear.

OTBC

[/quote]

Vescere bracis meis

Two one love

[/quote]

You''re driven to fibbing, playing with libel and acting up for your fan club like a one-eyed man I see.

It''s fortunate for us recipients that there is a Lord above who sees and knows all things.

I''m told by friends that I shouldn''t bother because 1''m operating in the Premiership and you are plumbing the depths of League 2.

I tell them no. But sometimes its hard to ignore them when you trot out your bitter but sanitised garbage.

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

The last time it was only the world and his wife who caught you posting disinformation on here. Now it''s the Lord above watching. And of course he is looking down, but to assume he is on your side?

Professing to be wise they became fools..........

He''s not on anyones side Bly. He would have no favourites. He would neither be a Deliaite or a Cullumite.

Get up in the morning, slaving for bread, sir
So that every mouth can be fed
Poor me Deliaites Aah [8]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

So what does he want?

[/quote]

Dear oh dear oh dear.

OTBC

[/quote]

Vescere bracis meis

Two one love

[/quote]

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

The last time it was only the world and his wife who caught you posting disinformation on here. Now it''s the Lord above watching. And of course he is looking down, but to assume he is on your side?

He''s not on anyones side Bly. He would have no favourites. He would neither be a Deliaite or a Cullumite.

[/quote]

Quite so nutty.

It''s not a question of sides.

He sees the truth.

I''m happy. But you? Beware - that road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

One love.

OTBC

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

So what does he want?

[/quote]

Dear oh dear oh dear.

OTBC

[/quote]

Vescere bracis meis

Two one love

[/quote]

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Quite so nutty.

He sees the truth.

One love.

OTBC

[:|][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

So what does he want?

[/quote]

Dear oh dear oh dear.

OTBC

[/quote]

Vescere bracis meis

Two one love

[/quote]

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Quite so nutty.

He sees the truth.

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

The road to Hell is also frequented by inhabitants offering all sorts of things which they think you should accept and suggesting all sorts of reasons why it would be good for you.

As I recall, Bunyan''s Pilgrim thought they were all charlatans.

(PS: If you are going to go into religious posting, truth should be capped in that par).[:|]

I love it - keep bumpin your own glib crap.

A word of warning though, the Church of England (not the banana republic you call home) are about to apologise to Darwin ''for misunderstanding his theory of evolution''. So perhaps ''he on high'' is unable to help you.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

I love it - keep bumpin your own glib crap.

A word of warning though, the Church of England (not the banana republic you call home) are about to apologise to Darwin ''for misunderstanding his theory of evolution''. So perhaps ''he on high'' is unable to help you.

[/quote]

Ah, getting to the nitty-gritty now.  

Let it all out Wazzy.

One love.

OTBC