Sign in to follow this  
dhickl

Luton

[quote user="dhickl"]Good to see Spillane and Martin on the scoresheet for Luton in their 3-1 win[/quote]

We may require them back in January - if Sibbo returns to Wigan......

I wouldn''t be surprised if they both end up staying at Luton, they may be good enough at that level but I don''t think they have what it takes to play in the championship.

[quote user="kdncfc"]I wouldn''t be surprised if they both end up staying at Luton, they may be good enough at that level but I don''t think they have what it takes to play in the championship.[/quote]dunno bout that - agree with you based on most of their performances, but during some matches, they both showed some good form to suggest they had promise...if harford can get these boys working to realise their potential at a lower level, then maybe they will begin showing some form that also hints at a promise at champs level,,,but agreed, its one step at a time!!!

It should ideally have been done to them both last year, but certainly will see them soon, I would like to see them both back after 40+ games, but I dont think GR is interested, especially as I think Spillanes contract is up?  And Martin has only a year left?  But should do them wonders, if Martin can get 20plus goals too, it would be ideal him fit, motivated and back next year on form.

I hope its the making of both them and that they will come back, I think spillane has a lot of potential and i know a luton fan who has been very impressed with him in particular. He Just needs to get a settled position and is playing at centre back for Luton. I agree with the comment about realising about being lucky to be at City its a good eye opener for them.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

If Luton stay up surely it must rank as one of footballs greatest ever acheivements given the 20 point deduction.

jas :)

[/quote]

i thought it was 30, they''ll need to show play off form if they''re to stay up which isn''t too much considering the side they have

It was def 30 points but they have got it down to 20 with their results. I''m sure they stay up as they are now only 6 points behind the next team Bournemouth who also started -17 and rotherham also started on - points. I know why the FA docks points for going into admin, but it does seem to just hurt the fans and it''s hardly their fault, while the directors and backers walk off into the sunset. Lets change the laws and have a public flogging at half time of directors who pull shady transfer deals as I think was lutons case.

Anyway I dont think they will be able to afford to sign Spillane or Martin permanently, if we want a fee for either.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]

Lets change the laws and have a public flogging at half time of directors who pull shady transfer deals as I think was lutons case.

[/quote]

I''m sure that would help ticket sales at Birmingham...

[quote user="dhickl"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"]

Lets change the laws and have a public flogging at half time of directors who pull shady transfer deals as I think was lutons case.

[/quote]

I''m sure that would help ticket sales at Birmingham...[/quote]

IE 8 is rubbish!!!!!!

Spillane and Martin scored, while Jarvis fell over, rolled about a bit, and got the opposite player sent off... a hat trick for the Norwich kids. Glad to see it''s going well for them.