Sign in to follow this  
AP16

Information re a new investor

[quote user="Paulo"]

I can cofirm its bull because I work there.  Hows that for you?

[/quote]Well, that''s hardly more reliable than somone''s grannies bingo partner''s cleaner''s mate is it? [:)]

Hang on one second....

I''m passing on information a reliable friend has told me. Not for one second would I come on here and make some cack up that I thought would get people''s hopes up, because nothing annoys me more.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Paulo"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Paulo"]

I can cofirm its bull because I work there.  Hows that for you?

[/quote]Where?[/quote]

he must work for Grant Thornton then.. arent they the people who managed the shares?

jas :)

[/quote]

Incorrect.

[/quote]

well thats what the bumpf that came with my share certificate said.

jas :)

[/quote]And mine.

Barratt & Cooke offered a dealing service when the share offer was made back in 2002.

[quote user="Hoolahoop"]

Hang on one second....

I''m passing on information a reliable friend has told me. Not for one second would I come on here and make some cack up that I thought would get people''s hopes up, because nothing annoys me more.

[/quote]I think it annoys the majority of people on here. Unfortunately we''ve had so many kn*bheads on here recently with inside information that turns out to be nothing

of the sort, that any report of a rumour is treated with scepticism.

You think your mate is reliable, we''ve (probably) never met him. Given

you''re a frequent poster on here, I''d be prepared to give you the

benefit of the doubt for a couple of days to see if anything happens

but the fact that Paulo seems to have very good evidence that what you

report is not true, and there''s corroboration from T that what you say is unlikely, means that this looks like another Asda moment.Unless posters of "friend of a friend" rumours are prepared to back them with some sort of evidence they should either not post them, or be ready for the inevitable accusations of posting b*llocks.

[quote user="Paulo"]

I have told you were I work, that is what you asked. 

If you dont want to belive me fine, but I can assure you the original poster is talking bull.  Belive what you like!

[/quote]Belive? What worries me is that you cannot spell ''believe'' or ''where''.The people who employed you must be good at English too I presume?

Correct re suspension of shares. They can only be suspended from a market, so they would have to be listed. However, NCFC is a plc, and so there is a market for the shares despite them not being listed. They can be actively traded, but its usually by asking for a broker to find a buyer, or a buyer contacting the broker. This would appear to be the case here. If the club is in negotiations with a buyer, in order to prevent sales based on insider information, the club may have asked the broker to prevent any trades from being done, or may simply refuse to register the new owners on the share register (the key to a legal transfer of shares). Not sure of the legality of the latter- ask a corporate lawyer. These would have the same effect as suspension from a stock exchange.

[quote user="Bobzilla"]Correct re suspension of shares. They can only be suspended from a market, so they would have to be listed. However, NCFC is a plc, and so there is a market for the shares despite them not being listed. They can be actively traded, but its usually by asking for a broker to find a buyer, or a buyer contacting the broker. This would appear to be the case here. If the club is in negotiations with a buyer, in order to prevent sales based on insider information, the club may have asked the broker to prevent any trades from being done, or may simply refuse to register the new owners on the share register (the key to a legal transfer of shares). Not sure of the legality of the latter- ask a corporate lawyer. These would have the same effect as suspension from a stock exchange.
[/quote]

Thank''s for that [:)]

[quote user="Bobzilla"]Correct re suspension of shares. They can only be suspended from a market, so they would have to be listed. However, NCFC is a plc, and so there is a market for the shares despite them not being listed. They can be actively traded, but its usually by asking for a broker to find a buyer, or a buyer contacting the broker. This would appear to be the case here. If the club is in negotiations with a buyer, in order to prevent sales based on insider information, the club may have asked the broker to prevent any trades from being done, or may simply refuse to register the new owners on the share register (the key to a legal transfer of shares). Not sure of the legality of the latter- ask a corporate lawyer. These would have the same effect as suspension from a stock exchange.
[/quote]

I think that''s right,Bobzilla. PLC shares are certainly tradeable,even if they are not actively traded. That''s pretty much the point of PLC status. I know a number of medium sized businesses that have gone PLC for that particular ego trip,ie having shares in their business publicly available. I ''m not sure about your last point,either.As you say its corporate lawyer territory,but it does add credibility to Hoolahoop''s post.I also feel that as a regular poster who doesn''t normally post rubbish he deserves the benefit of the doubt for now.

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="Paulo"]

If you dont want to belive me fine, but I can assure you the original poster is talking bull.  Belive what you like!

[/quote]

Belive? What worries me is that you cannot spell ''believe'' or ''where''.

The people who employed you must be good at English too I presume?
[/quote]

Oh the spelling police have arrived.  God I wish I was as smart as you!!! FFS!!!

[quote user="Paulo"][:)][:)][:)][:)] True!  Sorry for bothering!!! [:)][:)][:)][/quote]

I understand that there are a lot of jerks on here who do post cack just for the hell of it and can also understand why the information is probably doubted due to this. I spoke to my friend again earlier and he did confirm that the company in question is refusing to buy or sell City shares at the moment as they believe something is in the pipeline as was stated in the original post so whether Paulo is just misinformed or is just the security guard remains in balance to me.

Next time however I will just keep my mouth shut as in an attempt to post maybe useful information I''ve caused a load of bother.

[quote user="Hoolahoop"]

I understand that there are a lot of jerks on here who do post cack just for the hell of it and can also understand why the information is probably doubted due to this. I spoke to my friend again earlier and he did confirm that the company in question is refusing to buy or sell City shares at the moment as they believe something is in the pipeline as was stated in the original post so whether Paulo is just misinformed or is just the security guard remains in balance to me.

Next time however I will just keep my mouth shut as in an attempt to post maybe useful information I''ve caused a load of bother.

[/quote]

Just ignore anyone who trys to rubbish any info you post on here, I had the same thing when I posted that Cullum had been in talks with the club months before it had appeared in the press and it only serves to make you feel better when you are proved to be correct. I have no doubt that there is something going on re the takeover and expect something to happen in the not to distant future. Keep posting any info you are given

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Hoolahoop"]

[/quote]

Just ignore anyone who trys to rubbish any info you post on here, I had the same thing when I posted that Cullum had been in talks with the club months before it had appeared in the press and it only serves to make you feel better when you are proved to be correct. I have no doubt that there is something going on re the takeover and expect something to happen in the not to distant future. Keep posting any info you are given

[/quote]

Well I dont think it takes a genuis to work that out. 

I am sure Delia has had enough and if the right deal can be done I am sure she will sell.  I dont have any info confirming that so I wont make anything up.

I will find out on Monday if what Hoolahoop has said is true or not. 

[quote user="astrodyne"]Ok...but this week, make a better job of the urinals will you - there''s a good chap.[/quote]

Funny!  At least I had the balls to say why I think his source is incorrect. 

People who post "info" on here should be a bit more forthcoming with where they got there so called information, then we may be able to know what is truth and what is bull.  This site is let down by the amount of cr*p that gets posted. 

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Hoolahoop"]

[/quote]

[/quote]yeah - if i remember correctly, you nearly suffocated under a torrent of beige insult!!!

[quote user="astrodyne"]Chill Paulo - the sites for gossip too, it doesn''t all have to turn out correct[;)][/quote]

True, we all like a bit of made up gossip, it keeps the world turning!!

Just to confirm any stockbroker can deal in Norwich shares.......... when I used to work for a stockbrokers it was more of a case if someone wanted to sell NCFC shares then the stockbroker would look to find someone who would want to buy them......as there is not really a liquid market but the stockbrokers would have a record of potentially intrested people (obv not Peter Cullums of this world and obv not for investment purposes)

I can guess the company that Paulo works for etc but different stockbrokers/sharedealing services may take different views.

EG. Barrett & Cooke may be happy to continue finding buyers for someone who wants to sell.....Charles Stanley I would guess probably would not be intrested full stop as it is probably to much hassle and they are not as locally orientated as B&C and N&P - someone like N&P (who may not want to deal in NCFC shares now anyway as they have moved over recent years just to trading in run of the mill stuff) may well have changed their mind as they may think it is to much "hassle".......

If anyone really wants to find out just phone them up and ask them if they will deal in your NCFC shares for them

Of course if Paulo already knows that the other stockbrokers in Norwich do not deal in Norwich shares due to previous companies decision then fine - obv. Paulo''s employer still deals in NCFC shares - but it is possible that one of the other stockbrokers has now changed it mind in dealing in the shares - but that is not a suspension in trading just a companies decision to not transact in them anymore.

IT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE A LISTED COMPANY TO SUSPEND ANY SALES OF SHARES........AND NCFC SHARES ARE IN THE PUBLIC DOMAIN.....MANY SUPPORTERS AND THE SUPPORTERS CLUB HAVE OWN SHARES.......DEALING CAN BE SUSPENDED IF THE MAJORITY SHAREHOLDER''S REQUEST IT FOR ANY REASON.

Well regardless of who is right or wrong, thanks for an interesting read, its always nice to get one''s hopes up.

[quote user="Paulo"][quote user="AJ"][quote user="Paulo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh the spelling police have arrived.  God I wish I was as smart as you!!! FFS!!!

[/quote]

First you claim that Hoolahoop "is talking bull" because you work there, then you latter you go onto to say that you will find out on Monday if what Hoolahoop has said is true or not,  I think if anyone is talking bull it''s you my friend.

Hoolahoop doesn''t normally post rumours like this, like he has already said and I beleive he is only passing on what he has heard, I would have done exactly the same if I thought I had been given imformation from a person I believed to be realiable, cut the guy some slack for christ sake.

[quote user="West_London_Canary"][quote user="Paulo"][quote user="AJ"][quote user="Paulo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

First you claim that Hoolahoop "is talking bull" because you work there, then you latter you go onto to say that you will find out on Monday if what Hoolahoop has said is true or not,  I think if anyone is talking bull it''s you my friend.

Hoolahoop doesn''t normally post rumours like this, like he has already said and I beleive he is only passing on what he has heard, I would have done exactly the same if I thought I had been given imformation from a person I believed to be realiable, cut the guy some slack for christ sake.

[/quote]

Well said that man.

[quote user="West_London_Canary"][quote user="Paulo"][quote user="AJ"][quote user="Paulo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I meant for 100% for sure.  Oh and I wont be bothering to come back and tell you the outcome, as its not worth the abuse!

[/quote]