Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Raise funds for Foncy with the Pink un Pickers.

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

[quote user="Fellas"]Aye Hard Luck Trent. I spoke too soon [:(]

I have to agree, this "you should have done this... or picked this..." is getting annoying and as Nutty and R.D. say, we won''t have any of it on the free-bet pages!
[/quote]

Hear hear Fellas !

I don''t want any more involvment if this is going to continue . . . My sympathies to Trent for having to tolerate it on his pick week. 

[/quote]

Yes Jim I have tried my best to stiffle this as I think you have seen , its from the younger element and if they cant toe the line well I am afraid I will have to wield the heavy hand , however reluctant I feel to use it . I have told everyone on this tread that I wont have finger pointing on the Free Bet pages , If they wont listen to me there is no place for them on the Free Bet pages . Believe me I will sort it....Ray.

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

You will regret not picking mine and ardee''s selection[;)] what a watse of research [:(]

First time my nap hasn''t been picked... if Bury were to win, does it still count onto the leaders board thing? or is it only ones from the picked 6??? if that makes sense...

[/quote]

Arrdee went for Sevilla.... And as there were 27 teams to choose from a lot of people will have to be left out to make 6. As mentioned up until the last month of the season there were more away wins in league 2 than home wins, so naturally I rarely pick it (Especially as last season everytime id pick Peteborough in a home banker they would invariably lose)

Relatively happy with the six, the only one im not 100% on is Cambridge, but with 5 people picking it (A record?) there must be something to it! Thanks all.
[/quote]

Oh right, bit of a misunderstanding their then ... ahh well. I can see why you haven''t picked it.

Dont worry mate, I wasn''t having a go at you lol. I think you''ve picked good selections so I can have no complaints [Y] Bury will most probably loose anyway, I haven''t been the luckiest of pickers with my selections so far.

Good luck, hopefully you will win that money for the academy [:D]

[/quote]

Thats ok, wasnt having a go either. Woke up feeling very grouchy, and in desperate need of food.

If it helps ive picked Bury as the lynchpin of my other accumulator, so fingers crossed [:)]
[/quote]

Gdgd, well Bury did their bit for that accumulator then [:)] so thats good [Y]..

How did we get on in this actual one then?

.. and sorry to everybody getting annoyed about complaining. If their aimed at me I really didn''t mean to sound like I was complaining, Hence the wink.. The big teams are allways good to go for they very rarely loose - so I dont have any complaints. Sorry again [:)]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Mr. Bump"]

Plymouth vs Norwich - Away win

First time I have predicted Norwich to win this season, trust me on this one.

[/quote]

Should have trusted me. [:(]

[/quote]

Not how we operate here Mr Bump. That''s like saying pick all 27 teams selected.[:(]

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

Sorry Trent let you down, I was hoping for a last minute goal but not from Torquay !

[/quote]

Ah no worries, Norwich won so not a care in the world.

Although if anyone else comes on saying I should have gone for their pick.. [:@]

First prize goes to 1st Wassock - "Bradford will win, with Thorne scoring two"... Bravo.
[/quote]

Alright calm down! I wasn''t saying you made a bad decisions or finger pointing. Looks like I am not welcome in this thread! [:@]

This was an incredibly tough week Trent old chap, you would have really pulled one out of the bag had you managed 6 this week.Onwards and upwards to next week, when all recriminations will have been forgotten - am I right you lovely old boys ? [:)]

Ardee, I''ve recieved an email from you and replied but never got the first one. Just to let you know so you can read it.

I''m sorry if i''ve offended anybody on here. Especially Trent. But I feel it was all a bit of a mis-understanding rather than me intending to be selfish. I was pretty sure everything was cleared up between me and Trent, hopefully thats the case?

oh and ardee... if you could reply on here to tell me when you''ve replied to my email that would be helpful. Just incase I dont recieve it like last time. Then at least we both know. Just leave it as a post to let me know and I can say if i''ve recieved it or not [Y], otherwise. If I dont recieve it and dont know if you;ve sent one, it may neer be resolved ...

Unlucky Trent, a tough week though with lots of home games with odds which looked like they should have been on away fixtures (if you get my drift)

I like your spreadsheet method and your theory about League 2 (and Bournemouth in particular which was correct), pity I didn''t see it coming as well before it contributed to knackering one of my accumulators along with Newcastle today.

Two teams performed well today for long periods with 10 men Leeds and Birmingham both winning, I think these are teams to watch out for in future weeks if they can do this with a man down. (especially Leeds away from home 8 minutes in and down to 10 men)

Bring on next week!

[quote user="The Butler"]

Chippenham 2-0.

Bad luck Trent

Bet you win next week!!

[/quote]Thanks Mr. Butler, couldn''t find the result anywhere, I think the results are up now but thank you for it anyway!

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

Ardee, I''ve recieved an email from you and replied but never got the first one. Just to let you know so you can read it.

I''m sorry if i''ve offended anybody on here. Especially Trent. But I feel it was all a bit of a mis-understanding rather than me intending to be selfish. I was pretty sure everything was cleared up between me and Trent, hopefully thats the case?

[/quote]No problem mate, as I said woke up feeling very hungover. Generally being a miserable sod. Not a problem.I see Sevilla and Inter both won. If it wasnt for cambridge we would have been in for an interesting sunday night [:(]

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[/quote]

No problem mate, as I said woke up feeling very hungover. Generally being a miserable sod. Not a problem.

I see Sevilla and Inter both won. If it wasnt for cambridge we would have been in for an interesting sunday night [:(]
[/quote]

Thats good, was worried you had taken it badly. Glad to hear it''s all good [:)]

Greetings Free Bet Fans [Y]

Well done all of you with good picks this week and hard luck those of us who were "out for the count" All the good and bad picks will be recorded onto the pickers league and I know Fellas is keeping an eye on them all too so I have that safety net if I miss something.

Before this weekends picks we had four pickers who had been correct in the five previous weeks but today we are left with two. Only Arrdee and Inch High have six from six. So they will now go head to head. Who will be the last man standing? Will it be that wily old campaigner Arrdee or the young pretender Inch High.

I think it''s one for the purists.

Have a good week ''til next week [;)]

Nutty - As yourself and young fellas track all the results, out of curiousity whats the highest percentage of winning/losing naps in a week we have ever had? And a rough average of how many are usually right? Obviously if someone gets all six right, but out of all the naps sent in only half won then thats an even better achievement!

I''ve just been playing with the figures this morning. The best week we''ve had this season was Mr. C''s week when in total we had 24 out 34 naps correct and 15 out of 24 different naps correct, giving us %''s of 70.6% and 62.5% respectively.With respect to the best week we''ve ever had, I''m pretty sure we had a more "successful" week last season, however due to problems with my computer I lost all the data I had (along with a heap of other work [:@]). I''m sure Nutty would be able to confirm, but we''re working on my memory which is already quite awful...I''ve been working the averages for yer as well trent and this season they are as follows:Av. Total Number of Picks: 38.8Av. Total Correct Picks: 21.1Average %: 55.2% (These numbers don''t quite work because there''s still 3 naps outstanding that I''ve counted for the total number but not whether they are correct or not yet)Av. Number of Different Picks: 25.6Av. Correct Different Picks: 13.5Average %: 53.9% (Again these numbers don''t quite work yet because there is still 2 different naps to come in this week)These numbers are fine for approximate figures though. Again I''m sorry I can''t give you any numbers for last season, hopefully nutty will be able to help you out with that.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well done all of you with good picks this week and hard luck those of us who were "out for the count" All the good and bad picks will be recorded onto the pickers league and I know Fellas is keeping an eye on them all too so I have that safety net if I miss something.

Before this weekends picks we had four pickers who had been correct in the five previous weeks but today we are left with two. Only Arrdee and Inch High have six from six. So they will now go head to head. Who will be the last man standing? Will it be that wily old campaigner Arrdee or the young pretender Inch High.

[/quote]

Now Nutty you lovely old boy , this reference to this "Wily old boy" I am only 57, I know its hard to believe for you who have met me and no doubt you all think I am about 27 but I never pretend to be something I am not . Now on the other hand if I was as old as Lapp I could understand this reference to old .

I also note that the lovely old Wass didn''t turn up at the posters meet despite the repeated appeals to do so from Lapp . I do think Wass has washed his hands of you Lapp , no doubt he has looked at your position in Nuttys league and said "sod cozying up to him , he will bring me down to his level". I think you are out on your own Lapp....[:D]....arrdee.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]This was an incredibly tough week Trent old chap, you would have really pulled one out of the bag had you managed 6 this week.

Onwards and upwards to next week, when all recriminations will have been forgotten - am I right you lovely old boys ? [:)]
[/quote]

Yes Trent I can only echo Blah''s sentiments , such bad luck , we could all see you were unhappy with the heavily napped Cambridge utd and your fears were founded but I feel you had no other option . It now looks like you are going to join the one wrong throng again . such hard luck Trent , you lovely old boy , I know you will go one better when you come back to our shores and indulge in the Free Bet once again . You can always remember the entertainment you have given us when you are on your travels and perhaps think of us once in a while , your friends on the Free Bet pages ....arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]This was an incredibly tough week Trent old chap, you would have really pulled one out of the bag had you managed 6 this week.Onwards and upwards to next week, when all recriminations will have been forgotten - am I right you lovely old boys ? [:)][/quote]

Yes Trent I can only echo Blah''s sentiments , such bad luck , we could all see you were unhappy with the heavily napped Cambridge utd and your fears were founded but I feel you had no other option . It now looks like you are going to join the one wrong throng again . such hard luck Trent , you lovely old boy , I know you will go one better when you come back to our shores and indulge in the Free Bet once again . You can always remember the entertainment you have given us when you are on your travels and perhaps think of us once in a while , your friends on the Free Bet pages ....arrdee.

[/quote]Your right I wasnt totally happy with Cambridge. However if I were to have took that out then Barcelona would have gone in, and they drew. So we would not have won anyway [:)]And of course I shall post on here every once in a while on my travels to see how everyone is getting on. Although im sure with the plethora of talent at your disposal it is in safe hands [ip]

Av. Number of Different Picks: 25.6Av. Correct Different Picks: 13.5Average %: 53.9%Cheers for the info, was just curious to know. With 53.9% coming in, I think that shows the great work yourself and the other successful pickers so far have done to avoid the mines and pick 6 winners!

Well I am still to get off the mark but at least it was a draw this week and not a defeat!  Lets hope its a win next time.[:)]

I can''t believe Raith let me down, it was almost a dead cert.

Yes and bad luck Trent, very tough, and 5 out of 6 isn''t bad.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Did someone mention there is a league table for the pickers?  Can someone provide a link please, I can''t find it.[:)][/quote]Heres the latest @ end of augusthttp://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/8/1373126/ShowPost.aspx#1373126Its on page 7 or 8

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Now Nutty you lovely old boy , this reference to this "Wily old boy" I am only 57, I know its hard to believe for you who have met me and no doubt you all think I am about 27 but I never pretend to be something I am not . Now on the other hand if I was as old as Lapp I could understand this reference to old .

I also note that the lovely old Wass didn''t turn up at the posters meet despite the repeated appeals to do so from Lapp . I do think Wass has washed his hands of you Lapp , no doubt he has looked at your position in Nuttys league and said "sod cozying up to him , he will bring me down to his level". I think you are out on your own Lapp....[:D]....arrdee.

[/quote]

Young pretender suits me just fine.[;)]

Gutted for you Trent - you were never happy with Cambridge - the gamblers 6th sense was kicking you!

Just to echo previous sentiments, I struggled to find 1 nap this week it was so tough.  You had to go with 6 and it was such a hard week.

On a positive note however, well done to all the pickers for getting 5 correct and well done Trent for picking them.  Next week we go for the kill!

Muddy

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry Ray, Lapp has the full version of the sorry saga from Friday, it revolves around XL going bust and my daughter flying to Egypt - what a day and night.

The good news is I shall be cozying up to Lapp and asking him all about his pin and blindfold method at the next ''meet''. [:|]

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry Ray, Lapp has the full version of the sorry saga from Friday, it revolves around XL going bust and my daughter flying to Egypt - what a day and night.

The good news is I shall be cozying up to Lapp and asking him all about his pin and blindfold method at the next ''meet''. [:|]

[/quote]

Now wass you lovely old boy , of course you have to make polite noises about Lapp now you have cozied up together but for goodness sake wass you were the [*] Picker this week with your Bradford and Peter Thorne selection but now you have to say it was really Lapp who made the selection . Well I did try to warn you what he was like when you cozied up .

It seems Nutty has to record your win to Lapp , well there you are.I am afraid I can have little sympathy for you. Perhaps it should have been Lapp on the last plane out with XL but then he cant fly, something to do with his dentures and hearing aid ....[:D]....arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Now wass you lovely old boy , of course you have to make polite noises about Lapp now you have cozied up together but for goodness sake wass you were the [*] Picker this week with your Bradford and Peter Thorne selection but now you have to say it was really Lapp who made the selection . Well I did try to warn you what he was like when you cozied up .

It seems Nutty has to record your win to Lapp , well there you are.I am afraid I can have little sympathy for you. Perhaps it should have been Lapp on the last plane out with XL but then he cant fly, something to do with his dentures and hearing aid ....[:D]....arrdee.

[/quote]

If I was Lapp I''d be more worried that turbulence would leave my ''syrup'' at a jaunty angle. [:D]