Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Raise funds for Foncy with the Pink un Pickers.

Just in from aa works party type of thing. Several wines, beers, and vodkas later I suppose im readty to get picking. No idea what im typing to be honest so bear with me.Im armed with a spreadsheet. Column A has the teams picked, Column B has the number of people picking that team, and Column C has the odds on that team (Taken from ladbrokes, although we know Dixmar will give us better)I have 27 teams in front of me, from 43 people (At a rough count). How do we narroe it down? Who knows.. Lets go for it...For a start ill eliminate any team whose odds are evens or above. That rules out Rotherham, Forest, Bristol ROvers, Hearts, Derby, Norwich, Sunderland, Bury, Pompey, Raith and Ayr. However it mustv be stated that some of these picks represent excellent value. As this is a free bet and we have nothing to lose I will steer clear, but some of these matches have found their way onto my personal accumulators where value is key.From here we are left with 16. Ill take out Newcastle (In turmoil, generally a mess), Bournemouth/Bradford (I dont trust league 2, they have a ridiculous amount of away wins), Arsenal (Away from home), Chippenham/Farnborugh (Know nothing about them, although apparently Fanrborough are heavy favourites)   Down to 10. Feeling horrendous and want to go to bed...We shall take out QPR as only one person picked it, although its good value. As well as PSV, a heavy favourite but only one person picked it. Down to 8...  Getting depesrate for reasons now. Its shame to rule them out as QPR and PSV are good picks.. But anywayy I digress. Ill take out Real Madrid, as id hate for my pick to ruin the coupon, and ill take out leicester as I generally dont bet on league one either. Actually cancel that, Real are playing Numancia who are newly promoted, Barca have Santander who I think made the waffa cup, may be wrong. So ill rule out Barca due to tougher opponentsSoooooooo we are left with the following 6.Rangers v Kilmarnock  (You can usually count on an old firm nap)Inter v Catania  (Joses boys should have enough)Real Madrid v Numancia  (Should be a comfortable home win against newly promoted opposition)Birmingham v Doncaster  (Brum should have enough strike power to get through)Cambridge v Torquay  (Wasnt sure about this, but a massive five people have selected it, so cant argue with that!)Sevilla v Sporting Gijon (Was between this and PSV, but with two people picking it and better odds I reckon this should be a home win)Anyway, I feel like death. Will be interesting to log on tomorrow mornign and see what I picked. As at this rate I wont have a bloody clue. Its been emotional.   [pi]

You will regret not picking mine and ardee''s selection[;)] what a watse of research [:(]

First time my nap hasn''t been picked... if Bury were to win, does it still count onto the leaders board thing? or is it only ones from the picked 6??? if that makes sense...

Well done Trent.. they all look good to me[Y]

Shaun.. your pick counts for you everytime whether it''s in the final selections or not. And remember.. we look after our Academy Boys on the Free Bet Thread. You young pickers are the future [Y]

First time mine''s been picked but you studied my nap form and saw that I''m on for three in a row!  Clever research Trent!

It''s a very tricky week to be honest Trent - if we win this month then you deserve a medal! We''re all rooting for you!

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

You will regret not picking mine and ardee''s selection[;)] what a watse of research [:(]

First time my nap hasn''t been picked... if Bury were to win, does it still count onto the leaders board thing? or is it only ones from the picked 6??? if that makes sense...

[/quote]Arrdee went for Sevilla.... And as there were 27 teams to choose from a lot of people will have to be left out to make 6. As mentioned up until the last month of the season there were more away wins in league 2 than home wins, so naturally I rarely pick it (Especially as last season everytime id pick Peteborough in a home banker they would invariably lose)Relatively happy with the six, the only one im not 100% on is Cambridge, but with 5 people picking it (A record?) there must be something to it! Thanks all.

Yes you lovely old Pickers the bet is on , thanks to the wonderful Trent and Dixmar Racing , great set of selections Trent they really look good , the bet is.....

2-7            Rangers-------------Muddy,Graham H,Devon

2-7             Inter Milan----------Obiwan,Fellas

1-4             Real Madrid---------Trent

8-13           Birmingham----------Inch,Sparkos,Rob Lim

1-1             Cambridge-----------Nutty,Hissing Sid,G Jim,Canary Ryan,L Horn

4-11           Sevilla----------------Shack,arrdee

Which will win for the Academy £81-03p which is wonderful with such nailed on teams , Well done again Trent and thanks . Its so nice to have these young guns we have with the Pink un Pickers . I feel we have a fine mix of youth and experience and like all you lovely old Pickers I am looking forward to the kick off .Good luck all. I will talk to you later....arrdee.

Looks good, have stuck some of my hard earned dollar on this as well. As well as taking Bury, Derby, Forest and Pompey (All selected on here) into another accumulator, I dont think any casual gambler need look any further than this thread to fill out their coupons.I took the odds I got from ladbrokes and ran it through a bet returns calculator and it would only bring in a £64 return  (If it were to be a free bet). Dizmar potentially returning an extra 25%, again showing their value.

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[/quote]

Arrdee went for Sevilla.... And as there were 27 teams to choose from a lot of people will have to be left out to make 6. As mentioned up until the last month of the season there were more away wins in league 2 than home wins, so naturally I rarely pick it (Especially as last season everytime id pick Peteborough in a home banker they would invariably lose)

Relatively happy with the six, the only one im not 100% on is Cambridge, but with 5 people picking it (A record?) there must be something to it! Thanks all.
[/quote]

Oh right, bit of a misunderstanding their then ... ahh well. I can see why you haven''t picked it.

Dont worry mate, I wasn''t having a go at you lol. I think you''ve picked good selections so I can have no complaints [Y] Bury will most probably loose anyway, I haven''t been the luckiest of pickers with my selections so far.

Good luck, hopefully you will win that money for the academy [:D]

Now Shaun , don''t worry if your selection isn''t picked you can rest assured that it will be noted and entered into Nuttys league . I would like to thank you for coming on board the Free Bet train this season . I do believe you will be one of the top tipsters this season and I really mean that , I know how much time you must spend on research . Yes of course you feel disappointed when your selection isn''t picked .

I went weeks last season with out having my selection being used as did Nutty but we don''t show our disappointment with the selector , we don''t want other posters thinking there is any disharmony on the Free Bet pages , some of those posters that wont come on the Free Bet pages would love that . o.k Shaun ? you lovely old boy....[Y]....arrdee.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[/quote]Arrdee went for Sevilla.... And as there were 27 teams to choose from a lot of people will have to be left out to make 6. As mentioned up until the last month of the season there were more away wins in league 2 than home wins, so naturally I rarely pick it (Especially as last season everytime id pick Peteborough in a home banker they would invariably lose)Relatively happy with the six, the only one im not 100% on is Cambridge, but with 5 people picking it (A record?) there must be something to it! Thanks all.[/quote]

Oh right, bit of a misunderstanding their then ... ahh well. I can see why you haven''t picked it.

Dont worry mate, I wasn''t having a go at you lol. I think you''ve picked good selections so I can have no complaints [Y] Bury will most probably loose anyway, I haven''t been the luckiest of pickers with my selections so far.

Good luck, hopefully you will win that money for the academy [:D]

[/quote]Thats ok, wasnt having a go either. Woke up feeling very grouchy, and in desperate need of food.If it helps ive picked Bury as the lynchpin of my other accumulator, so fingers crossed [:)]

Fecking Rangers [:@]Leicester just lost at home to Millwall, Hearts losing. Im hoping this wont turn into another week like we had two weeks back where it all gets a bit weird.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]

Plymouth vs Norwich - Away win

First time I have predicted Norwich to win this season, trust me on this one.

[/quote]

Should have trusted me. [:(]

Nice selections Trent, fingers crossed. We just need Cambridge to grab a goal! ''Gers have got the game in their hands now! and Norwich are winning yay!

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

Sorry Trent let you down, I was hoping for a last minute goal but not from Torquay !

[/quote]

Ah no worries, Norwich won so not a care in the world.Although if anyone else comes on saying I should have gone for their pick.. [:@]First prize goes to 1st Wassock - "Bradford will win, with Thorne scoring two"... Bravo.

Aye Hard Luck Trent. I spoke too soon [:(]I have to agree, this "you should have done this... or picked this..." is getting annoying and as Nutty and R.D. say, we won''t have any of it on the free-bet pages!

[quote user="Fellas"]Aye Hard Luck Trent. I spoke too soon [:(]

I have to agree, this "you should have done this... or picked this..." is getting annoying and as Nutty and R.D. say, we won''t have any of it on the free-bet pages!
[/quote]

Hear hear Fellas !

I don''t want any more involvment if this is going to continue . . . My sympathies to Trent for having to tolerate it on his pick week. 

Tough week by the looks of it Trent. Some mines in there, we''ll need all the remaining naps to be correct if we are to have over 50% right for different picks. It doesn''t help when heavily napped weeks slip up as well. Fingers crossed for a more friendly fixture list next week! [B]

[quote user="Fellas"]Tough week by the looks of it Trent. Some mines in there, we''ll need all the remaining naps to be correct if we are to have over 50% right for different picks. It doesn''t help when heavily napped weeks slip up as well. Fingers crossed for a more friendly fixture list next week! [B][/quote]Yeah some strange results out there so far. Hopefully one more of the chosen six wont win, nothing worse than getting just the one wrong.Either way, Norwich won [:)]