Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Houston Canary Hows Tricks?

Just seen on Fox News that Hurricane Ike is right on top of you and the power lines are down.

Looks pretty bad mate. Hope you and your family are o.k.

Keep you head down and stay safe.

Best wishes from Ricardo

[quote user="ricardo"]

Just seen on Fox News that Hurricane Ike is right on top of you and the power lines are down.

Looks pretty bad mate. Hope you and your family are o.k.

Keep you head down and stay safe.

Best wishes from Ricardo

[/quote]

There''s four million without power including metropolitan Houston but there is a chance that it may veer away towards Arkansas according to the latest CNN.

I send my best wishes also - it''s obviously pretty grim there at the moment.

Been watching this hurricane develope for a week or more now, I too hope that HC and family are ok?

My sister lives in the Carolinas and was right in the path of hurricane Hanna, thank god they are ok, a little structual damage, no phone lines or electricity, but she managed to call last week on her mobile to let me know they were ok.

Any new from Ground Control yet?

I saw on TV that 4 million people were without electricity.

I guess HC must be on candle power.

Hopefully everything is fine with HC; downtown Houston did get hit pretty bad and several hundred thousand people down there have no electricity - on top of everything else that''s no fun at all when the temperature is still in the mid 90''s.

We were very lucky up here in Austin that IKE went due North as he approached shore, as he originally was on a bee-line our way. Austin is an evacuation center for Galveston, we are glad that we can provide some hospitality at this time.

[quote user="sjeinusa sjeinusa"]Hopefully everything is fine with HC; downtown Houston did get hit pretty bad and several hundred thousand people down there have no electricity - on top of everything else that''s no fun at all when the temperature is still in the mid 90''s. We were very lucky up here in Austin that IKE went due North as he approached shore, as he originally was on a bee-line our way. Austin is an evacuation center for Galveston, we are glad that we can provide some hospitality at this time.[/quote]

Thanks for the info SS. Best wishes to all our Canary friends in the U.S.