Sign in to follow this  
Pieman

Our travelling support . . .

Was absolutely incredible last night.
I was at the game, but unfortunately in the main stand with the Geordie fans.
I have never experienced such pride, looking up to the Yellow masses,
and being deafened by the noise you all made. The Geordies seated around
me were amazed we had brought so many fans, and by how passionate we
were, consistently outsinging 50,000 or so of them. I tried to show some restraint
( not wanting to get battered ), but it was all too much, and I couldn''t resist
jumping up and singing as much as possible.
Congratulations to you all, you are a credit to our wonderful club !!

Pie man

yes they all sounded superb on sky, what was up with the toon fans though, usually a lot noisier than that

my son was there, and really enjoyed the game, he phoned me directly afterwards and all you could hear was "yellows, yellows" from all around him :-)

yes we are passionate and loud and travel in large numbers

i think, to be honest, a spell in the division one (whatever it is called!) would do a lot of these so called big clubs a lot of good, it certainly sorts out the real fan from the glory hunters!

We should all be rightly proud and remember every moment of what will be an amazing season, last night''s game was simply superb and there are many more to come! Cannot wait for saturday!

We''ve outsung Man U at Old trfford, Newcastle at St James: we MUST do the same against the Arsenal at FCR this Sat as the Palace fans gave us a fair run.
Being at St james last night really was like rolling back the years to that first ever Premiership season, and even if I did suffer a bit from vertigo it was a great night out and one that makes you proud to have lost your voice from singing and supporting the team.
I wopuld credit the Geordies I met afterwards though - they were full of praise for our fans AND our football: shame the press still come to come to games with their preconceptions already havibng written half their reports for them. Even if we were to beat Arsenal it would only be because they had an off day!!
Keep the green flag flying

i have seen several messages on other boards congratulating us on our fantastic vocal support namely newcastle themselves " best support in years " . good to hear , but then we knew that already !