Sign in to follow this  
susie b

Bargain!

No...not a new striker for peanuts sadly! On my way home today I popped into Bury St. Edmunds for a quick stroll and saw in a shop window a Newcastle shirt worn by Kieron Dyer, complete with sweat and mud stains (presumably from when he falls on his a*se, which is quite often if yesterday is anything to go by!). The price? £225!!! Any takers out there or should I have just gone in and laughed myself into a stupor on the floor? I wouldn''t give them £2.25 for it. In fact, they would have had to pay me to give it a home as a cleaning rag in my garage!
Has anyone else ever come across any similar ''treasures'' on their travels? Am still chuckling even now just thinking about it. Bet it''s still there when I next visit!

Bury looked lovely in late afternoon sunshine, gazza, but I just couldn''t believe my eyes when I saw this grubby rag on a dummy (not sure if it was the real Kieron) in front of me! Got a few looks from people as I proudly wore the only colours worth wearing in town...but enjoyed walking about with head held very high!

susie, i used to live a few miles outside BSE, my son was born there, well it was a choice between there and ipswich, not much of a choice!!!

how is that tiny pub getting on, you know the one which is supposed to be the smallest bar in england?

yes, i know, where the local scummers meet every saturday lol

I was there on the day Ipswich played Gillingham, saw a lad in a Norwich shirt and made a lot of noise when my daughter texd me to tell me Gillingham were in front. Couldn''t resist telling some people who were having their wedding pictures taken who were muttering about missing the game. Also took even more pleasure by telling him who I supported. About time I grew up I think!