Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

IS ANY BODY REALLY HAPPY?????

I''m pissed off, yes he is quite decent but for christ sakes i think we now have at least 7 loan players, whats the poiint if you can only play 5!!!!!!!!!!

It could be too much to ask for, IF we sign another, and IF it is permanent, then it would be an astounding transfer window for us.

With the other loan today that makes EIGHT.Bloody insane.

[quote user="BunnyB"]I''m pissed off, yes he is quite decent but for christ sakes i think we now have at least 7 loan players, whats the poiint if you can only play 5!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Who cares ho we get the players.  If they can play, then great.  so the 2 defenders (Grounds and the Spurs kid) don''t suit up unless we get an injury.  Fine by me...  Sibierski and Lupoli are a nice front 2 in this league.

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]Koroma won''t get played now, Henville won''t get played now.... what''s the problem...[/quote]let them go back to there clubs??? and free up some wages money to get a perm target man in

Much happier than if there had been no deadline action...

Got to feel for Rusty in all of this desperate dealing action, so I''d just love to see him get 15+ goals this season from wherever he gets used.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]how can anybody not be happy with signing a has been 34 year old who is currently injured? im wetting myself with excitement, hope he enjoys our medical facilities whilst he here[/quote]

LMAO niiiiiice

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]Who cares ho we get the players.  If they can play, then great.  so the 2 defenders (Grounds and the Spurs kid) don''t suit up unless we get an injury.  Fine by me...  Sibierski and Lupoli are a nice front 2 in this league.[/quote]

Quite - it is surely clear that OJ, Grounds and Troy will be the ones to miss out most of the time, but are there if/when injuries happen to any of the others.  Don''t really see a problem with that at all.  Would clearly rather have players permanent than on loan, but then I would rather have players on loan than not here at all - and every single one of our loan players is from the Prem....more than can be said for the binners who with their supposed millions can only get a rival side''s 2nd or 3rd choice player in.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]how can anybody not be happy with signing a has been 34 year old who is currently injured? im wetting myself with excitement, hope he enjoys our medical facilities whilst he here[/quote]i hope when he sets up and scores goals u will eat those words

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="lincoln canary"]how can anybody not be happy with signing a has been 34 year old who is currently injured? im wetting myself with excitement, hope he enjoys our medical facilities whilst he here[/quote]i hope when he sets up and scores goals u will eat those words[/quote]

so do i

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]Who cares ho we get the players.  If they can play, then great.  so the 2 defenders (Grounds and the Spurs kid) don''t suit up unless we get an injury.  Fine by me...  Sibierski and Lupoli are a nice front 2 in this league.[/quote]

Exactly. And I''m reasonably sure that Roeder would have made sure he knows the extent of any injury before signing him. Otherwise he''s mental[:D], and I''m pretty sure that he''s actually a pretty shrewd bloke.  

[quote user="ncfcstar"]It could be too much to ask for, IF we sign another, and IF it is permanent, then it would be an astounding transfer window for us.[/quote]

So regardless of who we sign next it will still be an outstanding transfer window to you? What if it was Gary Glitter next? Who cares how good the player is as long as its a signing it doesn''t matter.

This has been an average window to put it nicely. Way too many loans and we''re being exposed more and more as a genuinely poor club with no money and/or ambition. This is in no way outstanding.

I still want to know where the "new investment" Delia mentioned has gone?

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

glad we have got 1 in...but im not over excited....another b4 the window closes would make me feel a whole lot happier

better than nothing at all tho :-)

[/quote]

yes they are pouring out of the woodwork now, look at some of the other threads, it''s all the usual crowd, wow little old us have got Sibierski on loan"!!!!!

now that''s 8 on loan, only another 3 more and we can chance our name to who the f**k are we City.

and yes, I am still glad we got somebody in before the deadline, but really happy? No chance.

Even if we go on a unbeaten run now Roeder will have to swap a winning side around because the managers of those 3 loans that are not getting selected will want them playing games . 8 loans is a joke , we really must be the poorest club in the division .

Oh for heavens sake, what a brilliant way to read into what I was saying. Gary Glitter, oh yeah I would love him here :rollseyes:, are you telling me that they way the team is playing, due to the players we have brought in, doesn''t reflect that the transfer window has been a success?

Average has been the last few years, this year has actually given us a chance, albeit through loans, but if it comes off then we will all be happy come the end of the season wont we. If a good permanent striker comes in now, then this window in my eyes would actually be astounding.

Lets flag down a cab and head for real street here. There will be no permanent signing. The board have again made profit in the transfer window.

Sibierski is all well and good but we only have him for 24 games. We needed a permanent signing. We need to cerment a permanent starting 11.

Am suprised no-one has gone in for Helguson. I suppose the candle still has a little flicker of life with that.

Im hope to bed to dream of what could have been. 

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Oh for heavens sake, what a brilliant way to read into what I was saying. Gary Glitter, oh yeah I would love him here :rollseyes:, are you telling me that they way the team is playing, due to the players we have brought in, doesn''t reflect that the transfer window has been a success? Average has been the last few years, this year has actually given us a chance, albeit through loans, but if it comes off then we will all be happy come the end of the season wont we. If a good permanent striker comes in now, then this window in my eyes would actually be astounding.[/quote]

Not literally Gary Glitter - I was making a point that some people are happy to have ANYONE rather than looking at who we''ve brought in and if they are of decent quality. Perhaps I didn''t make that point well enough.

IS ANY BODY REALLY HAPPY?

I had a few weeks in early June when I truly achieved a level of contentment never previously reached;  home, family,  friends, work and football all going well.   Things have gone a little awry since but I know its possible 

The thing that concerns me is the potential burning of bridge''s here. Its all very well saying "oh we can just leave OJ out" etc etc but the reality is that if we find ourselves in a similar situation next summer when all the loans go back and Glenn knocks on Harry''s door and asks if he''s got any young talented players we can take for the season to bulk up our squad, he''s quite rightly gonna tell him to sod off. And lets be honest, if Delia is still here in 12 months thats a likely scenario.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]The thing that concerns me is the potential burning of bridge''s here. Its all very well saying "oh we can just leave OJ out" etc etc but the reality is that if we find ourselves in a similar situation next summer when all the loans go back and Glenn knocks on Harry''s door and asks if he''s got any young talented players we can take for the season to bulk up our squad, he''s quite rightly gonna tell him to sod off. And lets be honest, if Delia is still here in 12 months thats a likely scenario.[/quote]

exactly right, roeder p*ssed coppel and wenger off last year doing this

It depends on what we are trying to achieve.

I would be reasonably happy if the aim was simply to avoid a relegation scrap.  We should be able to tread water with what we''ve got.

But if the aim is to start turning us into genuine promotion challengers (which I assume is what GR''s three year plan is all about) then no, I''m not really.  Excessive use of loan players means, among other things, that unless we can sign the best ones permanently we will have to rebuild more or less from scratch again next season . . . and the season after that . . .

The board''s quest for the elusive midtable comfort zone has taken another step forward imo.