Sign in to follow this  
NorwichRat

Pleased

I''m pleased with what has been achieved over the last few months.

The last piece of the jigsaw is in place, we have a target man, and our team is starting to click. Another handfull of games and i reckon we will be heading for the top half.

I have hope at last and all you doom mingers can go south!

Trouble is that this jigsaw keeps getting bits taken back out of it all the time and then we have to try and slot a replacement piece into cover the gap, ultimately never seeing the finished picture.

[quote user="NorwichRat"]

The last piece of the jigsaw is in place, we have a target man, and our team is starting to click. Another handfull of games and i reckon we will be heading for the top half.

[/quote]

[/quote]

We don''t have a target man... we have an ageing midfielder turned target man.

As for going South that is where Delia and unfortunately NCFC will be going.

People never learn do they... calling him an aging midfielder as if he will be a hopeless player. Everyone complained no end about Dublin being even older than Sutton who we were after and look how that one turned out.

Lets just see how he plays

[/quote]

Pleased with the fact that you and all the other fans have been let down again, hurray we''ve sold another player and loaned in a complete unknown,oh wait a minute we''ve signed another loan player he''s 34 and not really the player Roeder wanted,god this club is moving forward, top half my arse mate!!!

Nope not joking.

Your the type of supporter who will never be happy unless we are settled nicely in the premier.

I am a realistic supporter who can see that we now have a team with 14 (fourteen, FOURTEEN) yes 14 new players. Lots of loanees but GR cannot be expected to sortout the mess we were in one season. Without the loany systme wewould have possibly 8 new players.

I happy and optimistic - your just you......

[quote user="Smudger"]

We don''t have a target man... we have an ageing midfielder turned target man.

As for going South that is where Delia and unfortunately NCFC will be going.

[/quote]Disappointed your team didn''t sign anybody today then mate?

Please guys,

We are so much better than this. NCFC have made some much of a mess of the last 6 months.

Honestly who would you prefer,

Hucks or Hoolahan?

Dion or Sibereski?

We dont own 8 players of our squad!!

Yet we appear to be making money, where is it going!!!!

I am certinally not pleased, we have spent nothing today yet apparently made a million.

Great ambition

[quote]Your the type of supporter who will never be happy unless we are settled nicely in the premier.[/quote]

Yes, thats right, I''m the type of supporter who has high ambitions for the club to be in the premiership and believes that, as part of the 25000 paying fans who turn up each week, we deserve alot more than we''re getting right now. How dare I?

The two player excuses are pathetic... sorry to break it to you.

You can''t say do we prefer a current player to one who is RETIRED. Huckerby was aging, whether he had 3 years worth of first team football that will hope to push us to a promotion campaign next season is very unlikely. People will say he has torn the MLS apart, but look at how shoddy the league really is over there... quality ZERO.

I''m not overjoyed about the recent signings, however a lot of people have already forgotten Glenn worked hard to get the likes of Stefanovic, Clingan, Hoolahan and Bell in - all fantastic signings who will play first team football week in week out.

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]People never learn do they... calling him an aging midfielder as if he will be a hopeless player. Everyone complained no end about Dublin being even older than Sutton who we were after and look how that one turned out. Lets just see how he plays[/quote]

At least Dion had played up front for a few years and banged in plenty of goals, even if he was in the twighlight of his career.

Sibierski has never reached such heights and never will do.

Remember a few of you Percys saying give Hartson a chance not so long back.

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

[quote]Your the type of supporter who will never be happy unless we are settled nicely in the premier.[/quote]

Yes, thats right, I''m the type of supporter who has high ambitions for the club to be in the premiership and believes that, as part of the 25000 paying fans who turn up each week, we deserve alot more than we''re getting right now. How dare I?

[/quote]

Anbition is fine but with a bit of realism please. We have 2 seasons with shite manager. We need to give GR time to bring together and build a team for the future. If we are in a strong poistion come january money will be spent. We are a poor club. Football is an expensive hobby for those who dare own a club. No one is taking moneyout of the club - look at the accounts.

I love NCFC but i know it will never be a glamour side. If we can be a yo yo side i will be happy and will enjoy the ride.

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]People never learn do they... calling him an aging midfielder as if he will be a hopeless player. Everyone complained no end about Dublin being even older than Sutton who we were after and look how that one turned out. Lets just see how he plays[/quote]

It''s the truth though isn''t it?

Sibierski is an ageing midfielder with bottom of the Premiership experience on his CV.

How we are now making him out to be our new target man is as much of a joke as playing Russell up there is.

Talk about desperation!!!  [+o(]

Bollocks.

Theres no competiton, Huckerby and Dion for me everytime, ask any City fan and 90% will say they''d prefer Huck and Dion

[quote user="NorwichRat"][quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

[/quote]

Anbition is fine but with a bit of realism please. We have 2 seasons with shite manager. We need to give GR time to bring together and build a team for the future. If we are in a strong poistion come january money will be spent. We are a poor club. Football is an expensive hobby for those who dare own a club. No one is taking moneyout of the club - look at the accounts.

I love NCFC but i know it will never be a glamour side. If we can be a yo yo side i will be happy and will enjoy the ride.

[/quote]

Its not GR that I blame exactly. He can only use the money he is given, which is why the board has a vote of no confidence from me because they control that aspect.

And what bloody money are you on about for january? We haven''t got any hasn''t that become apparent? You just said yourself we''re a poor club so what exactly are you expecting to see happen in january?

[quote user="Smudger"]

Sibierski is an ageing midfielder with bottom of the Premiership experience on his CV.

How we are now making him out to be our new target man is as much of a joke as playing Russell up there is.

[/quote]

Totally agree! This guy is not a striker, in fact Docherty is more of a striker, stick him up there, cheaper and better!

[quote user="NorwichRat"][quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

We ain''t a yo-yo side though are we (and neither are we likely to be under this current set up).

We have spent 1 season out of 13 in the top flight under Delia... major under achievement

You never know though, you may just get your wish... we may just manage to be a yo-yo side between the Championship and Div 1.

I wouldn''t bet on us coming back though if we do go down.

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Totally agree! This guy is not a striker, in fact Docherty is more of a striker, stick him up there, cheaper and better!

[/quote]

hahahaha I wouldn''t go that far.... [:D]

[quote user="CDMullins"]

Bollocks.

Theres no competiton, Huckerby and Dion for me everytime, ask any City fan and 90% will say they''d prefer Huck and Dion

[/quote]90% of muppets who haven''t even seen Siberski play for us yet, you mean?

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"][quote user="NorwichRat"][quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Its not GR that I blame exactly. He can only use the money he is given, which is why the board has a vote of no confidence from me because they control that aspect.

And what bloody money are you on about for january? We haven''t got any hasn''t that become apparent? You just said yourself we''re a poor club so what exactly are you expecting to see happen in january?

[/quote]

The same as last January Paint Me Yellow...

More pathetic excuses handed down from Delia & Wynn Jones to Doncaster.... who will then run his eye over them before wheeling them out to the wooly flock to lap down once more.

Nothing changes really does it???

Get a grip please,

We are so much better than this, what a desperation signing.

Honestly, i dont know how anyone can be pleased with the last 2 months.

We have lost 2 fantastic loyal players, made money and replaced them with nothing.

Although i have been chuffed with (lupoliloan, and Stefanovic free)

[/quote]

So will I!  But it will never happen if this board have anything to do with it.  The midtable comfort zone is what they''re after.  They have worked extremely hard for over a decade to lower our expectations.  They suffered a setback in 2004 but now they''re back on track, and there''s no way they''ll let it happen again if they can possibly avoid it.  But they can only do it if the fans keep coming back for more.

[quote user="CDMullins"]

Get a grip please,

We are so much better than this, what a desperation signing.

Honestly, i dont know how anyone can be pleased with the last 2 months.

We have lost 2 fantastic loyal players, made money and replaced them with nothing.

Although i have been chuffed with (lupoliloan, and Stefanovic free)

[/quote]Stefanovic wasn''t free you Muppet! And Sibierski is an absolute superb signing, really delighted we''ve got him, an absolute class act and will be a major threat in this league, I''d imagine we''ll make his move permanent in January or try and sign Iverson again.

On the whole I have to say I am pleased too. I would have liked to have another striker in on a permanent deal but other than that I think we have something pretty good going here. Sibierski is not going to set the CCC on fire, but hes what we''ve been looking for- big, strong, and a good old head that can lead the line. Maybe more importantly, he can do this- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI0p-PUZcSY

Grounds is just cover, I dont expect him to play... well, unless we get some bad injuries.

Marshall

Otsemobor   Kennedy   Stefanovic   Bertrand 

Bell          Russel          Clingan    Hoolahan

Sibierski    Lupoli

Nelson, Pattison, Croft, Drury, Koroma/Cureton

Looks pretty good to me...

So there are no more excuses now then, its the last piece of the jigsaw, everyone is happy, bring on some wins then.

[quote user="Bucketman"]

On the whole I have to say I am pleased too. I would have liked to have another striker in on a permanent deal but other than that I think we have something pretty good going here. Sibierski is not going to set the CCC on fire, but hes what we''ve been looking for- big, strong, and a good old head that can lead the line. Maybe more importantly, he can do this- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI0p-PUZcSY

Grounds is just cover, I dont expect him to play... well, unless we get some bad injuries.

MarshallOtsemobor   Kennedy   Stefanovic   Bertrand     Bell          Russel          Clingan    Hoolahan

Sibierski    Lupoli

Nelson, Pattison, Croft, Drury, Koroma/Cureton

Looks pretty good to me...                                 

[/quote]

[quote user="ellis206"]

Sibierski is an absolute superb signing, really delighted we''ve got him, an absolute class act and will be a major threat in this league, I''d imagine we''ll make his move permanent in January or try and sign Iverson again.
[/quote]

In time you may be proved correct but at this stage you''re whistling in the dark.  I don''t see how you can possibly make such a statement.  No one has any way of knowing how he will fare. 

[quote user="Smudger"]

At least Dion had played up front for a few years and banged in plenty of goals, even if he was in the twighlight of his career.

Sibierski has never reached such heights and never will do.

Remember a few of you Percys saying give Hartson a chance not so long back.

[/quote]Don''t be a moron all your life Smudger; anyone who follows football will have seen him play up front for most of the last 5 years and play well up front.

[quote user="CDMullins"]

Bollocks.

[/quote]

Well they''re gone, get over it.

I can''t understand the moans. Sibierski is here on loan, and with the expectation that Iversen will come after the Norwegian ends in November, although not able to play/sign until January. The Frenchman is not meant as a permanent team-building block, - merely to cover until someone better can be signed. I think that Sibierski is an excellent signing in the circumstances and Roeder will know how to use him. He may not be the massive figure that some "big men", but he causes trouble in and around the penalty area and will provide chances for the smaller strikers. Not many weeks ago posters on this board will urging GR to sign him on a free.The longer term will have to wait - Lupoli, Komora and even Curo could be gone next summer and we may or may not say Iversen. In the mean time we have a very effective stop-gap. In the circumstances I am very happy.