Sign in to follow this  
Unhinged Canary

Does anyone fancy seeing how they actually get on?

Just got to work and flicked the Pink''Un on to see how the rest of the window went last night. What I found, was that we''d signed Sibierski until Jan. Personally I''m pretty happy with this. Yes, he''s not going to score 20 goals a season, but he''s exactly the sort of player we needed. We were seriously lacking in height up front, and someone who could hold the ball up and create more chances for Lupoli and JC. That is exactly what we got with Sibierski. What I also found was several threads of moaning from the usual bunch of doomongers about loans, old players, kiddie players, board this-board that and other such pathetic whining. How''s about you actually wait until Sibierski plays before you crucify him? The standard of football we''ve seen this year is fantastic compared to recent seasons and personally I couldn''t give a toss whether the players are ours or not. I''d much rather have a team that performs well and hopefully gets the wins that is made up of loans, than a team all of our own that''s frankly s**t. Obviously we''d all like a Peter Cullum to come along in his golden chariot and save us from the wicked witch of Stowmarket, but face it kids, it''s not going to happen soon. So we''re just going to have to make to with what we''ve got. Yes, I''m not happy with the situation, but I think Glenn''s done a fantastic job getting this team together, and I for one will be getting behind them ALL regardless of who they are or where they come from. Basically you''re always going to get the same old people just moaning for the sake of it whatever we do, and it''s sad to see to be honest. Just as long as there''s enough real fans about to keep behind the team through thick and thin as we''ve always done, we should be ok.That is all.........

[quote user="Clipped Canary"]Just got to work and flicked the Pink''Un on to see how the rest of the window went last night. What I found, was that we''d signed Sibierski until Jan. Personally I''m pretty happy with this. Yes, he''s not going to score 20 goals a season, but he''s exactly the sort of player we needed. We were seriously lacking in height up front, and someone who could hold the ball up and create more chances for Lupoli and JC. That is exactly what we got with Sibierski. What I also found was several threads of moaning from the usual bunch of doomongers about loans, old players, kiddie players, board this-board that and other such pathetic whining. How''s about you actually wait until Sibierski plays before you crucify him? The standard of football we''ve seen this year is fantastic compared to recent seasons and personally I couldn''t give a toss whether the players are ours or not. I''d much rather have a team that performs well and hopefully gets the wins that is made up of loans, than a team all of our own that''s frankly s**t. Obviously we''d all like a Peter Cullum to come along in his golden chariot and save us from the wicked witch of Stowmarket, but face it kids, it''s not going to happen soon. So we''re just going to have to make to with what we''ve got. Yes, I''m not happy with the situation, but I think Glenn''s done a fantastic job getting this team together, and I for one will be getting behind them ALL regardless of who they are or where they come from. Basically you''re always going to get the same old people just moaning for the sake of it whatever we do, and it''s sad to see to be honest. Just as long as there''s enough real fans about to keep behind the team through thick and thin as we''ve always done, we should be ok.

That is all.........
[/quote]

Top post, someone who understands football, and gets the whole point of signing Sibs.

Arthur & Sibs will scare the pooh out of a lot of championship defences.

I think that this is brilliant business.Given that I''m convinced that Iversen is a cert for January I think that this gives us just what we need to push up the table.Inevitably there will be criticism,but frankly we could have signed Berbatov and someone would have complained about the colour of his Alice band.

Sibierski is big,skilful and fantastic in the air.In short he fits the Chris Sutton mould of the perfect City targetman.I personally can''t wait to see Lupoli playing alongside him.

agreed, sibs is a genuine prem player - and even if aging now, is at least a genuine inbetweenie - and maybe twice the player that dion was at least...great - but lets hope he doesn''t get crocked, cos the opening games of this season have shown we don''t have a credible planB...

I agree with everythign you say.

I think Glenn should be commended for for all of signings this summer.

OK, we haven''t signed a permanent striker, but this IS progress and there''s no reason why we can''t challenge for a playoff place with what we''ve got (based on what we''ve seen on the park in recent weeks)

Excellent - some posters who appear to be Norwich supporters rather than the usual bunch of "normal for Norfolk" people on here.

GR has brought in some good players at the money level we can afford.

I personally can''t wait to see Sibs play.

I think Sibierski is exactely the type of player that Lupoli needs to play with to get the best out of him, and vice-versa. He''s experienced at the highest level and could possibly have the "Dion effect" on some of the younger one''s.