Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Sibierski on loan

For what it''s worth through all the biccering and arguing I''m happy, in fact very happy with Sibierski. Just what the doctor ordered.....albeit on loan but I suppose I''m used to that now.

Glenn you little tinker you! What an excellent signing. Too all that have slagged this signing off have you actually ever watched Sibierski play? He is not a 20 goals striker granted but if he bagged 8 - 10 goals this season that would be great. Its not how many he scores its what he brings to the game. Trust me, championship defences will be cacking themselves! What a handful! Who do you play up front with him though?Class signing, well done. Oh and to those who cant understand the Grounds transfer, my brother in law is a Boro season ticket holder and he reckons the lad is a solid defender and good signing as backup for us as he can play at cetre back not just full back.Good day so far.....................................................

[quote user="Strawberry"]

[quote user="jewish"]2 things 1. excellent signing 2. all the moaning idiots complaining about its only a loan take into account hes 34, not match fit and scoring record is not the greatest so doesnt commit all our resources in one pot!

[/quote]

lol try and spot the contradiction between 1 and 2

[/quote]if this bloke was being serious at the time, please can I be the first to nominate it for ''post of the year''..its the sort of thing you''d love to hear on barry call

the late hour and the fact he is injured suggests he was not the main target though and we failed with that approach...

Might be worth remembering that Sibierski, although not prolific, has been scoring in the Prem. Partnered with Lupoli, Wes, Rusty & Bell coming through from midfield ......Could be pretty damn good.

A striker with an injured foot - well done! Still, not as desperate as Tony Cottee.Sib should do alright for us, help us push forward a bit more, but please let him just be a stopgap measure (and I''d rather have Huckerby).

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

the late hour and the fact he is injured suggests he was not the main target though and we failed with that approach...

[/quote]

Probably true - but the fct that he''s here for 3 months rather than the season suggests that there might be other options in the fire for later.

[quote user="Freeza"]Thank god, a target man! I''m happy enough with this, I think he''ll do us a good job in the short term. Dion has already shown us age means nothing! I think Iversen is signed and sealed, Roeder wouldn''t be so blatant about the situation if not, and Sibierski will hopefully tick us over nicely until his arrival. Our probable strongest starting 11 will now only have two English players, Bertrand and Semmy or Omozusi! It''s not just the Prem that''s guilty of not helping our International chances then![/quote]

Erm and Bell and Russel would be in there as well IMHO:

Marshall

Semi Kennedy Dejan Bertrand

Bell Russell Clingan Hoolahan

Lupoli Sibierski

Have we established how long he is injured for? Have seen 6 weeks cited somewhere which would be a bit of a worry?

I don''t think anyone knows - I was doing some looking around on Sib yesterday as had an idea he might come, and wasn''t even aware of an injury.  I doubt Roeder is stupid enough to sign a player who is badly injured though - after all, we could have signed him on loan after today (if for a shorter amount of time).

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Only because he was playing in a crap side , would never have got a start for a team challenging at the top .[/quote]Doesn''t that make him scoring all the more impressive though?

Jim...like the look of that side. 

Surprised Hooligan took a bit of stick on the radio after the game as I thought his running off the ball and some of his passes to the front players were excellent.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="Freeza"]Thank god, a target man! I''m happy enough with this, I think he''ll do us a good job in the short term. Dion has already shown us age means nothing! I think Iversen is signed and sealed, Roeder wouldn''t be so blatant about the situation if not, and Sibierski will hopefully tick us over nicely until his arrival. Our probable strongest starting 11 will now only have two English players, Bertrand and Semmy or Omozusi! It''s not just the Prem that''s guilty of not helping our International chances then![/quote]

Erm and Bell and Russel would be in there as well IMHO:

Marshall

Semi Kennedy Dejan Bertrand

Bell Russell Clingan Hoolahan

Lupoli Sibierski

[/quote]

loving your work jimbo! with that team we will beat plymouth 3 nil no probs. seriously that looks like a good team much improved than last year which is a step in the right direction. softly softly cath a monkey! people have to remember that and rome wasnt built in a day, its gonna take a couple of seasons before we will challenge for promotion.

Whats all this hype? I mean the guy has a scoring ratio of 1 in 5. He''s no superstar. I think the £1.5 mil we got for Shaks should have been put to better use. And yea it was £1.5 mill, i have that on 1st hand.

[quote user="Steelsilver"]Whats all this hype? I mean the guy has a scoring ratio of 1 in 5. He''s no superstar. I think the £1.5 mil we got for Shaks should have been put to better use. And yea it was £1.5 mill, i have that on 1st hand.[/quote]

Rea you thinking of re tabling your multi million buy out proposal then? [:D][:D]

Great signing by GR - no panic buys and a quality player in, who will add that something lacking to the team. Iverson in Jan.

Got to pity the likes of Palace (no-one decent in, best midfielder leaves) and the Scum (lots of money eh?). 

He was my favourite player 7-8 years ago at this time hwa was on Nantes (french Canary who I follow a bit)but he was played a middfield very good skill and pass etc.

Now he is at 34 and played other posission and normally at this age not much football on him so temporary will solved problem in attack but is nothing more.January we will need other one and again will be same talks about how overpriced is market in January etc.Iversen I watch often him scored regulary and if is in form will do his job but still is 32 yeasr old now  Norway league will stop in 1-2 months time then Iversen will not play game until January and will need again much time to be in form and this season will gone for him and may be for us.Summer will be at 33 and again I think is not best option at all.

im disapointed. i wanted Iverson or Bishop... Sibierski always looks crap on MOTD when playng for Man city and new castle.. his goal ratio is awful and he cant even get in the wigan team!

At 34 years old and loan indicates he is past it to me.... if he didnt feature for wigan and could still do thie biz theyd of wanted a fee.. he''s here to collect that last pay check for a bit before swainning off in January with no intention of signing!

The board didnt put the fuinds up.... Roeder hasnt signed the players he was hinting at.... instead we have got plan Z on loan... F***ing disgraceful!

jas :)

[quote user="anothatracksuitmanager"]jas your hillarious, inentionally i''m guessing as well:)
[/quote]

So you are starting to "get" jas as well!!??!!

Very cleverly done isn''t it?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

im disapointed. i wanted Iverson or Bishop... Sibierski always looks crap on MOTD when playng for Man city and new castle.. his goal ratio is awful and he cant even get in the wigan team!

At 34 years old and loan indicates he is past it to me.... if he didnt feature for wigan and could still do thie biz theyd of wanted a fee.. he''s here to collect that last pay check for a bit before swainning off in January with no intention of signing!

The board didnt put the fuinds up.... Roeder hasnt signed the players he was hinting at.... instead we have got plan Z on loan... F***ing disgraceful!

jas :)

[/quote]

Here''s an alternative hypothesis,Jas. Roeder couldn''t get Rosenborg to release Iversen now,but has done a deal for January,so tying up a big chunk of funds.The problem now is the short term.Sibierski fits the City mould...great in the air and skilful on the ground as well as being mobile.Yes,he''s 34,but he is highly experienced and can do a good job for 4 months until the permanent signing arrives.That way Roeder gets his man within budget,we get a quality target man for the interim  and don''t waste money on signing Sibierski on a long term basis.As I say, a hypothesis,but it puts a more positive spin on things.