Sign in to follow this  
Norwich is our Club

Will we get more info from the Press conference this afternoon

The article states near the bottom that there will be a press conference this afternoon. If the turners did leave 2 weeks ago like they stated, could a deal with PC already be done and the announcement will be made today!!

I know its all pipe dreams!

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/news/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=NewsSplash&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=NewsSplash&itemid=NOED02%20Sep%202008%2011%3A27%3A20%3A283

I don''t know, let''s hope so, could this be the fairytale ending we have been yearning for?  Doubt it, dreams with our club are almost always dashed.

I feel sick still, let this ride end sooner rather than later.

I for one hope it is the silver lining, but I also think that come 5pm we will all be worrying about the future of our club.

If a deal has been going on between Cullum and Delia and Co over the last two weeks then we would have heard about it so there''s no chance in that, although hopefully this press conference this afternoon will set the story straight on a few things but I wont hold my breathe. I can see the details being very vague. i.e Delia will say things just didn''t work out between them and the Turners, but wont actually state why that was.

[quote user="West_London_Canary"]

If a deal has been going on between Cullum and Delia and Co over the last two weeks then we would have heard about it so there''s no chance in that, although hopefully this press conference this afternoon will set the story straight on a few things but I wont hold my breathe. I can see the details being very vague. i.e Delia will say things just didn''t work out between them and the Turners, but wont actually state why that was.

[/quote]

I know it is very unlikely to be that and agree with you what the likely speal will be, but deals can be done quietly, did nayone know unti yesterday about man city?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but if a deal with Cullum had been struck why would they wait till after the Transfer Window had shut and we had filled the squad with loanees to announce we had £20 million to spend on players????!!!!

If Cullum does come back in (and i''ve said all along i think he will) it wont do us any good untill January. We just have to keep our fingers crossed we have more luck than usual with Injuries and Suspensions!

If a deal has been going on between Cullum and Delia and Co over the last two weeks then we would have heard about it so there''s no chance in that,

[/quote]You mean like you knew two weeks ago that the turners had quit ?Or did you just decide to keep it to yourself ?

[/quote]So I''m guessing you, and everyone else knew the Turners had left our club two weeks ago then?

[quote user="Norwich is our Club"]

The article states near the bottom that there will be a press conference this afternoon. If the turners did leave 2 weeks ago like they stated, could a deal with PC already be done and the announcement will be made today!!

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/news/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=NewsSplash&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=NewsSplash&itemid=NOED02%20Sep%202008%2011%3A27%3A20%3A283

[/quote]

2 + 2 = 5 [S]

[quote user="John"][quote user="West_London_Canary"]

[/quote]

So I''m guessing you, and everyone else knew the Turners had left our club two weeks ago then?
[/quote]

That''s not quite the same as a takeover and yes I heard rumours about the Turners leaving before it was announced, but there has been nothing in terms of Cullum making another attempt to takeover at Norwich so I would have to say that it''s incredibly unlikely.

Maybe its why all the deals have been loans.  Because no board or potential new owners will sanction new signings while the ownership hangs in the balance.  Note that all the new loan signings are until January...

[quote user="Norwich is our Club"]

[/quote]OR it turns out with the Turners leaving, conversations at boardroom level have become awkward, fans begin to get in a big rut, unsettling the likes of Jones and Smith, and the board quit the club. No one shows interest in buying our club, due to all our debts, and we go into administration and gain a -10 point penalty. Roeder''s unhappy, fans unhappy, players unhappy. We have the worst season in our entire history and get relegated to League One. We enter into further and further decline, and drop down the leagues. Eventually we are out of the Football League, and our club becomes non-existent.Kinda gotta look at it from both ways, you know what I''m saying? The next few days, or even hours, could prove pivotal to the future of our club...

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]Maybe its why all the deals have been loans.  Because no board or potential new owners will sanction new signings while the ownership hangs in the balance.  Note that all the new loan signings are until January...[/quote]

I said very similar last night on another thread, how strange lol.

[/quote]#And did you also know that Cullum had put a bid in last January? Cos I didn''t!

One thing Norwich need to do now is be honest with its fans as much as possible. I think if it''s bad news i''d rather hear about it now, than suddenly in a years time when we''re really in the crap. I just want the board to be honest with us :(

[quote user="Michael Starr"]One thing Norwich need to do now is be honest with its fans as much as possible. I think if it''s bad news i''d rather hear about it now, than suddenly in a years time when we''re really in the crap. I just want the board to be honest with us :([/quote]

i''d like to see it Michael, I really would.. i think we both know the club will keep it under their hats....

jas :)

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Thank''s Cam much appreciated.  You must be rather busy seeing as you''ve not posted much today lol[/quote]

Recession by December, daring "Boy''s Own" operation in Afghanistan, inside the millionaire mansion (or what''s left of it), Johnstone''s Paint Trophy kicks off in under five hours....too much excitement for one day[:|]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Blimey Cam how do you cope?  How''s your daughter taken the news about the Turners?[/quote]

We were talking about it this morning - it''s hard to know what''s happening at the moment, perhaps the Munby briefing will reveal all, or not as the case may be.  Does look like a falling out - minimum politeness on both sides. 

Cullum''s lot wouldn''t say anything this afternoon by the way - straight no comment.  His business won''t be immune from this, either.  Best chance seems to be with the Middle East at the moment.......................there may be some more answers later on if the right questions get asked as I am sure they will[;)]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Blimey Cam how do you cope?  How''s your daughter taken the news about the Turners?[/quote]

We were talking about it this morning - it''s hard to know what''s happening at the moment, perhaps the Munby briefing will reveal all, or not as the case may be.  Does look like a falling out - minimum politeness on both sides. 

Cullum''s lot wouldn''t say anything this afternoon by the way - straight no comment.  His business won''t be immune from this, either.  Best chance seems to be with the Middle East at the moment.......................there may be some more answers later on if the right questions get asked as I am sure they will[;)]

[/quote]

It is all very confusing, so I''m hoping for the fans sake that the board come out and say something to try and settle the unrest a little. We shall see.

PC''s lot saying nothing, well maybe he''s a tad busy, who knows, but one way or another I want them to come out and say either we are in deep do-do''s or the club is safe.

I am 100% sure there will be a lot of questions asked, whether they will all get answers who knows lol.