Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

JJ no go

So Curbishley has come out and said that JJ isn''t for sale. Not sure if this will be the end of the matter though. At the end of the day if JJ wants to leave because he isn''t getting first team football there won''t be too much that Curbishley can do. However, it seems to me that as he doesn''t really want JJ to leave, we certianly won''t get him on the cheap. If no JJ, where do we go from here? IMO we have 3 options:

1) Abandon the striker search. The Doc is doing a good job up there, give him a go.

2) Push on and target someone else. Players like Harewood and Ashton are mentioned a lot on here but not officially by the club. I''ve got a feeling that we might be priced out of both players.

3) Get a central defender in. Sounds odd when we''re after a striker but it''s pretty obvious that Worthy wanted cover when he bought the Doc. Now that he''s doing well up front will Worthy keep him there and look for another defender? Personally I don''t think so. But it seems odd that Worthy wanted a central defender and bought one to play up front. Seems odd.

Personally I think thats it for our squad until January. I don''t think we''ll get JJ and I think the Wiz''s man Marlon and Ashton will be too pricey for us.

Thoughts?

Keep the faith

There is only one reason why Curbishley won''t sell and that is to get the price up , lets be honest if Curbishley wanted him to stay why has he hardly played.

Good shout barclayendboy, I think its just part of the sales pitch. They paid over 3 million didn''t they? They will want as much as possible back because they are not a big enough club to throw it around.

Aryton, I agree... think we may just be after a bigger fish and using JJ as a smaller fish to offset the other anglers... (here ends this fishy analogy...)

You might be right Ayrton. Worthy likes to do his business on the quiet. I think only Bentley and Gallagher did he express an interest in before they signed. As for Charlton, the Doc, Jonson, Helveg, Safri etc they all turned up all of a sudden at Colney. Perhaps Mr Big Target man will be the next one who comes out of the blue.

Keep the faith

As the Doc looks comfortable-ish up front might NW be hunting a new central defender? Just a thought but I for one wouldn''t be surprised to see it happen. After all we were searching for an out and out target man and appear to have one.

so far i think we should go for:

JJ
Marlon Harewood
Or whats his name from crew.......