Sign in to follow this  
canarytim

The Turners-we need answers

Despite assurances from within the club that all was well, and that the board were all pulling in the same direction, the news that Andrew & Sharon Turner have quit  the club has totally disspelled  this.

Martin Taylor`s recent comment about "politics within the club" now have a very  true and worrying ring to them.

We need answers, not the usual rhetoric.

Did they go over the Cullum situation ?

Did they want to take over completely ?

Is it over transfer policy ?

If this happened 2 weeks ago why did it come out only after the transfer window had closed ?

Where they not prepared to put anymore money into the club ?  

If there is a perfectly innocent reason, please tell us.

I have long been a supporter of Michael & Delia but they have now lost 3 board members in a relatively short space of time and we need to know why.

A "benevolent Emperor" is still an Emperor so is it now the case that Delia ( who has put millions into the club  don`t forget ) has so much power that she is not listening to anyone else.

Whatever is going on within  the club they  are doing themselves no favours by their continual secrecy.

Tim none of those questions will be answered, we will just have to hold on, the ride has started and we have to sit tight until the ride stops.  I feel sick and want to get off lol.

We need to stand strong as fans, back GR and the team, let the board sort it out.  And if they don''t watch the s**t hit the fan.

We all want answers, but just like with what happend over the Cullum saga they wont come!

We the fans deserve much more than this of course, but it seems that in todays game that fans have no right to know what''s going on in political side of football.

I can answer one of your questions.

They would have held on until after the window before making it public knowledge because if they made it public before the window other clubs would''ve known we were screwed and we may have got even less for Shackell and the vultures may have circled for other players.........................................saying that we don''t actually own any other players to sell!!!!!

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]Can remmeber exactly but wasnt it the Turners who tried to get Delia and Cullum to the negotiating table?[/quote]

Not exactly.  We were told that Andrew Turner acted as D&M''s spokesman in the limited telephone conversations that took place over Peter Cullum''s proposal.  D&M and Cullum did not speak to each other directly but communicated through AT.

It was Aviva who went public about getting the two sides together, then less than 48 hours later it was all off.

Why exactly do you think we are entitled to answers? The only people who may be entitled to any answers whatsoever are the shareholders. However, even then, its not usual practice for small shareholders to know the detail of the business of a company that they have invested in. Unless and until the fans own the club (in which case, god help us, we''d be even worse off than at the minute) the fans have no right to know the detail of the business of the club. It is not ''our'' club, and we are nothing more than customers. Its the same as if the shoppers in Sainsburys or Morrisons demanded to know all the business details.

[quote user="Bobzilla"]Why exactly do you think we are entitled to answers? The only people who may be entitled to any answers whatsoever are the shareholders. However, even then, its not usual practice for small shareholders to know the detail of the business of a company that they have invested in. Unless and until the fans own the club (in which case, god help us, we''d be even worse off than at the minute) the fans have no right to know the detail of the business of the club. It is not ''our'' club, and we are nothing more than customers. Its the same as if the shoppers in Sainsburys or Morrisons demanded to know all the business details.[/quote]

Whilst that is true, without the paying fans and small shareholders there would be no club.  The same for Morrisons, if we don''t like the products they stock we stop shopping there, if enough do it they will cease to trade.

I''m not demanding answers because, to put it quite simply we aren''t going to get them.  All I want to know is if our club is safe, to me that''s one of the most important things on my mind at the moment.

So Strawberry, if Turner acted as spokesman (and I know this is wishful thinking beyond hope) could the departure be because Delia actually wanted to sell to Cullum but Turner was blocking it? Now they have gone Delia has got her way and Cullum can be brought in?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Bobzilla"]Why exactly do you think we are entitled to answers? The only people who may be entitled to any answers whatsoever are the shareholders. However, even then, its not usual practice for small shareholders to know the detail of the business of a company that they have invested in. Unless and until the fans own the club (in which case, god help us, we''d be even worse off than at the minute) the fans have no right to know the detail of the business of the club. It is not ''our'' club, and we are nothing more than customers. Its the same as if the shoppers in Sainsburys or Morrisons demanded to know all the business details.[/quote]

Whilst that is true, without the paying fans and small shareholders there would be no club.  The same for Morrisons, if we don''t like the products they stock we stop shopping there, if enough do it they will cease to trade.

I''m not demanding answers because, to put it quite simply we aren''t going to get them.  All I want to know is if our club is safe, to me that''s one of the most important things on my mind at the moment.

[/quote]

Good point, well made. And I''m not convinced our club is safe at the minute. Things will be interesting when the next accounts come out.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]So Strawberry, if Turner acted as spokesman (and I know this is wishful thinking beyond hope) could the departure be because Delia actually wanted to sell to Cullum but Turner was blocking it? Now they have gone Delia has got her way and Cullum can be brought in?[/quote]You''re barmy.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]So Strawberry, if Turner acted as spokesman (and I know this is wishful thinking beyond hope) could the departure be because Delia actually wanted to sell to Cullum but Turner was blocking it? Now they have gone Delia has got her way and Cullum can be brought in?[/quote]

Unfortunately I think you probably have hit the nail on the head only from the wrong side. I suspect the Turners wanted the deal with Cullum and have now left in objection to Delia and MWJ not making the deal happen.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]So Strawberry, if Turner acted as spokesman (and I know this is wishful thinking beyond hope) could the departure be because Delia actually wanted to sell to Cullum but Turner was blocking it? Now they have gone Delia has got her way and Cullum can be brought in?[/quote]

Perhaps it is more the other way?

The Turners wanted Callum, but when Delia refused, they spat their dummy out, and took their ball home......

[quote user="djc"]

The Turners wanted Callum, but when Delia refused, they spat their dummy out, and took their ball home......

[/quote]

Cullum, the guys name is Cullum.  Sorry but it really winds me up when people keep refering to him as Callum.

I would hasten a guess that its more down to concerntrating on their own business, as you may have noticed they didn''t exactly invest much

There''s already been speculation in the press that the Turners have pulled out because their business is in trouble and they can''t find the money. 

If that''s not the case I would expect them to issue a statement to that effect, otherwise it could become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

[quote user="Strawberry"]

There''s already been speculation in the press that the Turners have pulled out because their business is in trouble and they can''t find the money. 

If that''s not the case I would expect them to issue a statement to that effect, otherwise it could become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

[/quote]

If there is a full blown recession for several years - which I personally think is now probably unavoidable - all businesses will be in difficulties and have to cut their financial cloth accordingly.  That will also include Mr Cullum - no one is immune in these circumstances with the possible exception of my brother and Ardee (people still carry on dying).

In the next few weeks you can expect lots of redundancies in newspapers - advertising revenue is falling through the floor and sales are down everywhere - there''s not a single regional newspaper that''s put on sales in the last 12 months bar the Manchester Evening News (and 52 per cent of those are given away free).

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="djc"]

[/quote]

Cullum, the guys name is Cullum.  Sorry but it really winds me up when people keep refering to him as Callum.

[/quote]Callum?