Sign in to follow this  
Be Smart & sell to Cullum

Something Munby said that might be crucial

This is Norwich remember - they won''t even say NO if it''s the truth... it''s always and forever "we cannot say the moment" crap - as always - drip fed utter tosh that we really do not deserve, we deserve to know at least the basics

didn''t he also say "why wouldn''t we be looking to speak to him"    crawling back tail between their legs,

[quote user="steve o"]didn''t he also say "why wouldn''t we be looking to speak to him"    crawling back tail between their legs,[/quote]

Like i said weeks back, all Cullum needed to do was wait, the club would then go to him Cap in hand and cave in to his demands... he''ll get the club for what its true value is, not for what the Smiths think its worth.

jas :)

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]In a good game of cards you never reveal your hands [;)][/quote]

Thats not strictly true. I was watching an episode of High Stakes Poker just the other day. One guy had gone all in and the other guy revealed his hand to try to get a ''read'' on the guy who was all in. Sometimes its a good idea to reveal your hand just to see what kind of a reaction you get!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]In a good game of cards you never reveal your hands [;)][/quote]

Thats not strictly true. I was watching an episode of High Stakes Poker just the other day. One guy had gone all in and the other guy revealed his hand to try to get a ''read'' on the guy who was all in. Sometimes its a good idea to reveal your hand just to see what kind of a reaction you get!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="steve o"]didn''t he also say "why wouldn''t we be looking to speak to him"    crawling back tail between their legs,[/quote]

Like i said weeks back, all Cullum needed to do was wait, the club would then go to him Cap in hand and cave in to his demands... he''ll get the club for what its true value is, not for what the Smiths think its worth.

[/quote]

I would so love that to happen as the scum hacks on EADT are saying the Turners walkout has put us on the brink of disaster, tossers

[/quote]

Thats been obvious for quite a while JAS.

I didn''t think the Smiths would last until Xmas and this looks very likely now.

Munby quote from the evening news site (don''t recall hearing this on the radio):“I would, of course, not comment on who those individuals are. As far

as Peter Cullum is concerned, we left off discussions previously

perfectly amicably, so why should he not be interested?”

[/quote]

Bloody right!!!!

I just watched Roger Munby''s interview on Canaries World. He absolutely rules out the idea that we are anywhere near administration and also says that the Turner''s £2.5 million loan is not being required to be repaid any time soon. So that''s some relief! Something I thought was really interesting however was what he said about the work the Turners had done. Apparently the Turners did "a root and branch evaluation of the club''s revenues and costs. We have a revolutionary prescription in that and as, like all revolutions whilst the spirit is preserved we now have to work through the implications and implementation of it. We retain the strategy; we retain the principles but this board needs to work through (as it would have done anyway) with executives in each of the functions around the football club - everything from the community through retailing, sales, marketing, catering, administration, as well as Colney the impications of the strategy. Now given that there is now £2 million of cash which is now not coming that process in a sense becomes the more pressing - to get as much as we possibly can out of the current regime [quickly corrected to] financial regime if you like at the football club."  Sounds interesting! Anyone have an idea what he''s talking about because later on he talks in this same context about the "financial revaluation" of the club. We know that one of the main sticking points between PC and Delia was the actual worth of the club. Could this root and branch survey be anything to do with that? Perhaps the Cullums estimated the worth of the club way below Delia''s estimation and were irked that she wouldn''t budge re. Cullum and therefore resigned?  Any ideas?

[/quote]

I knew this was happening nearly 500 years ago;

When the frenchman goes east

the couplet will leave in shadows

[quote] Munby also said without being prompted something to the effect rumours that NCFC were near to administration are not correct. Why answer a question that was not asked?.[/quote]

It has certainly been mentioned on here often enough, with no evidence.  Doesn''t that count?

What worries me is that the club was counting on the Turners and yet they pulled out - why.  Also as it is now TOTALLY CLEAR that we are in the financial shite, why was Peter Cullum not talked to more seriously.  Especially as Munby has now basically left the door open for him.