Sign in to follow this  
National express super guard

an open letter

To Norwich Citys board of directors and fans,
I am a fan, I don''t claim to know anything about financial matters, but that doesn''t mean I don''t care about the future of the this great club.
I''ve been supporting city for as long as I remember,some 25 years, and even through the turmoil of Robert Chase and the threat of extinction, I have never been so concerned as to the future direction of Norwich City Football Club.
I understand board members come and go. But why have the club taken 2 weeks to notify the people who invest their time and money in to this club, the fans. The cloak and dagger approach the current board has adopted only adds to the fans perception that there is something seriously wrong at the club.
Mr. Munbys comments were purely responding to speculation, and although I appreciate him taking time out to reassure us, he actually offered very few assurances that the club will be okay in the long term.
I, along with thousands of others, bleed yellow and green, and Norwich City Football Club plays a big part in our lives. I''m just very concerned for the future. The board has had offers of investment, some more publicly than others I expect, yet it appears we were relying on 2 members of the board who''s financial future was less than secure (a mortgage / financial crash can always be expected). The club have stated previously investors have to meet certain requirements, yet the Turners appear to have been a risky choice of investors.
Can someone come out with hard evidence that the long term future of this once great club is secure, and not use rhetoric or treat the clubs greatest assets, its fans, like children.
I am worried, I do not want this club to be playing in league 1 next season. All the hard work that Glenn, his backroom staff and the playing staff have put in would be a complete waste if, because a lack of acceptance of investment, financial troubles led us in to the 3rd tier of english football.
This letter is written from the heart, some parts may contradict others, some parts may be a rant, but along with my fellow fans, my emotions are running high at the minute.
Football is no longer a game, it is a money driven business, and its really affecting my love for the sport.
On the ball city
-National Express super guard

two weeks elapsed at the board didnt want wolves to know how much we desperately needed the cash.

Not wishing to be nitpicky but the suggestion that the Turners pulled out because of the credit crunch is pure speculation.  If they were in favour of Peter Cullum''s investment why would they let D&M use them to keep the club afloat and keep Cullum at bay?