Sign in to follow this  
rodentwatch

WELL DONE GLEN - lets compare the team

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="topcanary1971"]still not won one in game in five good on paper though..[/quote]Unbeaten in three...[/quote]Didn''t we amass more points under Grant at this stage though? if I recall we were still in the Carling cup too!

[quote user="rodentwatch"]BERTRAND vs DRURY - excellent signing, grat reading of the game, fast, confident, skillful KENNEDY vs DOC - hmmm no complaints there DEJAN S vs SHACKS - Dejan can actually pass the ball - best signing so far! HOOLAHAN - not Hucks, but certainly offers something different. Will always be a threat. CLINGAN - good safe holding midfielder, would like to see him play with Rusty, drop the ''one year contract'' boy and make Dejan captain LUPOLI vs CURETON - sorry Jamie, no contest! SIBIERSKI vs DION - a good experienced replacement, with slightly younger legs BELL vs CROFT - haven''t seen Bell play in a Norwich shirt yet, but although I can''t fault Crofty''s determination his finishing is dreadful and his final ball often poor Then consider the other players we have as Subs - Osmosis, OJ, and the other new loanees not forgetting Chadwick etc. The final piece of the jigsaw is here til January. Lets stop moaning, get behind the team and look forward to a top 6 place by Christmas. OTBC![/quote]

Well done Glenn? We have not even won one game this season.

Ignoring the odd spattering of doom and gloom in this thread I do agree that GR has done a fantastic job with very little funds.  My only concern would be that with the ''belt now tightening'' is that Glenn must be thinking about his options.  If he doesnt have any money to spend in January (pessimistic but it seems hard to see anything else at present) then he might not want to spend another six months potentially damaging his reputation.

It has to be a healthy relationship between the board and the manager and at the moment GR is not being given the tools he needs and probably deserves.  Dont get me wrong I dont think that Delia and MWJ are to blame, just that football has moved on and unfortunately their pockets are not as deep as we would like them to be.

[quote user="walks on water"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]

I agree entirely.  Regardless of our feelings on loans and the amount we have, we cannot deny that the team is better than at any point in the last 3 years or so and by all accounts we''re playing magnificent football.  Hopefully Sibierski is the missing link that will galvanise the team and turn those draws into wins.

I am pretty p*ssed off that we haven''t bought a permanent striker, I have to say, but let''s get one thing straight - Sibierski is a class act and has the potential to help us destroy teams in this league.  People elsewhere are concerned at his strike rate in recent times, yet they forget he''s been used mainly as an impact sub against quality Premiership sides.  Give him 90 minutes against the likes of Plymouth and its quite possible that he could head for the top of the scoring charts.  I don''t say that lightly, but I''ve seen him play many times and the thought of him in a yellow shirt is exciting! Hopefully we''re just loaning him til Jan when we buy him permanently! Hopefully

[/quote]

What a clown you are... [:$]

Better than the team with Ashton and Green in it after we were first relegated, or the team that had Earnshaw in it when he first signed?

I think not!!!

Did we finish 10th the first season after relegation?

Lets see how close to that we get shall we???

Top 6... you are living in lala land!!!

The thought of an ageing midfielder upfron makes me piss my pants (an not in terror of facing him if I was a Championship defender either).

[/quote]

seen any of our games yet this season Smugger ?

...seen how we are dominating teams ...even Birmingham ? 

...have you seen how creative our play can be now ?...and we now have a big man of quality to go along side a fast improving Lupoli ?

Have you witnessed any of this ?... to pass judgement set against our teams of the last 3 years.

I saw a first teamer yesterday walking with his family at Thorpe Green and had the opportunity to thank him and asked him to pass that thanks on to those responsible for the best football I can ever remember witnessing being played by a Norwich Team.

Saturday was that good Smug.

Of course, IMO...but at least it''s informed [:$]

[/quote]

oh dear you obviously haven''t been a fan for long then have you???

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="walks on water"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]

I agree entirely.  Regardless of our feelings on loans and the amount we have, we cannot deny that the team is better than at any point in the last 3 years or so and by all accounts we''re playing magnificent football.  Hopefully Sibierski is the missing link that will galvanise the team and turn those draws into wins.

I am pretty p*ssed off that we haven''t bought a permanent striker, I have to say, but let''s get one thing straight - Sibierski is a class act and has the potential to help us destroy teams in this league.  People elsewhere are concerned at his strike rate in recent times, yet they forget he''s been used mainly as an impact sub against quality Premiership sides.  Give him 90 minutes against the likes of Plymouth and its quite possible that he could head for the top of the scoring charts.  I don''t say that lightly, but I''ve seen him play many times and the thought of him in a yellow shirt is exciting! Hopefully we''re just loaning him til Jan when we buy him permanently! Hopefully

[/quote]

Better than the team with Ashton and Green in it after we were first relegated, or the team that had Earnshaw in it when he first signed?

I think not!!!

The thought of an ageing midfielder upfron makes me piss my pants (an not in terror of facing him if I was a Championship defender either).

[/quote]

...have you seen how creative our play can be now ?...and we now have a big man of quality to go along side a fast improving Lupoli ?

Have you witnessed any of this ?... to pass judgement set against our teams of the last 3 years.

I saw a first teamer yesterday walking with his family at Thorpe Green and had the opportunity to thank him and asked him to pass that thanks on to those responsible for the best football I can ever remember witnessing being played by a Norwich Team.

[/quote]

Do you honestly think he cares?The last thing he wants is for City to do well; it doesn''t fit his agenda.
[/quote]

WRONG... I do want City to do well...

I just know that it is not going to happen until BIG CHANGES occur at Carrow Road...

As I have said all along Roeder ain''t all you lot are cracking him up to be and as for Delia & the board well my feelings there have also been plain to see to one and all for an waful long time now!!!

[quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="topcanary1971"]still not won one in game in five good on paper though..[/quote]

Unbeaten in three...

[/quote]

Didn''t we amass more points under Grant at this stage though? if I recall we were still in the Carling cup too!
[/quote]

Looking at the fixture list before the season kicked off.. I said to my brother that we would do well to get many more points by the end of October than we did when Glen took over last year.

So far we seem to be ticking along nicely to meet our target of 8 or 9 points by time we play Doncaster on October 25th (about the stage of the season when Roeder took charge).

I certainly can''t see us having any more than 12 at most by then.

My brother trying to be positive was trying to claim we would have 12 by the time we had played Sheff Utd and that we would have 20+ by the time Doncaster had come to town.

We are pathetic and have another relegation fight on our hands... the sooner you lot admit that the better!!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="walks on water"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]

[/quote]

I think not!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

oh dear you obviously haven''t been a fan for long then have you???

[/quote]

Wrong again Smudger, ever since Crook & Bowen & Ullathorne & Gunn & Ekoku & Goss & Fox & Sutton etc...

you get the gist.  With a break for the Horror that was Hamilton.

Mike Walker walks on water

but then so does Glenn Roeder in my book.

Given time and a little backing, Roeder could really do things -of that I am convinced

because I''ve seen Grant''s mess transformed into something special...& not just the feat of beating the drop,

but this season I have witnessed some of the best slick passing football I''ve ever seen a Norwich team play.

Oh but you havent seen them yet have you ? [:$]

actually tell a lie, rather than just the passing, it''s the movement...

when Roeder says at times it was exhilarating he''s not wrong.

Wonder why the team got a standing ovation at half & full time ?

I''ve got a pretty good idea...you on the other hand havent a clue.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="topcanary1971"]still not won one in game in five good on paper though..[/quote]

Unbeaten in three...

[/quote]

Didn''t we amass more points under Grant at this stage though? if I recall we were still in the Carling cup too!
[/quote]

Looking at the fixture list before the season kicked off.. I said to my brother that we would do well to get many more points by the end of October than we did when Glen took over last year.

So far we seem to be ticking along nicely to meet our target of 8 or 9 points by time we play Doncaster on October 25th (about the stage of the season when Roeder took charge).

I certainly can''t see us having any more than 12 at most by then.

My brother trying to be positive was trying to claim we would have 12 by the time we had played Sheff Utd and that we would have 20+ by the time Doncaster had come to town.

We are pathetic and have another relegation fight on our hands... the sooner you lot admit that the better!!!

[/quote]

He must be your step brother or they haven''t told you were adopted yet, as he doesn''t sound like a cock at all.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="rodentwatch"]Top 6 - not a problem![/quote]

I think so too,although the doommongers will never be placated.

[/quote]

Do you honestly, hand on heart, believe we will be top six? I think what you are suffering from is something called dementia. [8-)]

I think you forget that there are clubs in this league that have invetsed massive sums of money in rebuilding their squads, clubs that ultimatley deserve success over us because they have shown ambition financially and shown it with intent. A sad situation indeed, but sadly a fair one. Our club can barely hold a candle to them.

At least be realistic and aim for the top half. That alone would be a remarkable achievement for Glenn and the boys.