Sign in to follow this  
rodentwatch

WELL DONE GLEN - lets compare the team

BERTRAND vs DRURY - excellent signing, grat reading of the game, fast, confident, skillful

KENNEDY vs DOC - hmmm no complaints there

DEJAN S vs SHACKS - Dejan can actually pass the ball - best signing so far!

HOOLAHAN - not Hucks, but certainly offers something different. Will always be a threat.

CLINGAN - good safe holding midfielder, would like to see him play with Rusty, drop the ''one year contract'' boy and make Dejan captain

LUPOLI vs CURETON - sorry Jamie, no contest!

SIBIERSKI vs DION - a good experienced replacement, with slightly younger legs

BELL vs CROFT - haven''t seen Bell play in a Norwich shirt yet, but although I can''t fault Crofty''s determination his finishing is dreadful and his final ball often poor

Then consider the other players we have as Subs - Osmosis, OJ, and the other new loanees not forgetting Chadwick etc.

The final piece of the jigsaw is here til January. Lets stop moaning, get behind the team and look forward to a top 6 place by Christmas.

OTBC!

Thank you for putting a good perspective on things.

I totally agree with you, even though half the team is on loan, we look far better on paper this year then we did this time last year.

Top 6 for xmas!!!! :o)

[quote user="rodentwatch"]BERTRAND vs DRURY - excellent signing, grat reading of the game, fast, confident, skillful KENNEDY vs DOC - hmmm no complaints there DEJAN S vs SHACKS - Dejan can actually pass the ball - best signing so far! HOOLAHAN - not Hucks, but certainly offers something different. Will always be a threat. CLINGAN - good safe holding midfielder, would like to see him play with Rusty, drop the ''one year contract'' boy and make Dejan captain LUPOLI vs CURETON - sorry Jamie, no contest! SIBIERSKI vs DION - a good experienced replacement, with slightly younger legs BELL vs CROFT - haven''t seen Bell play in a Norwich shirt yet, but although I can''t fault Crofty''s determination his finishing is dreadful and his final ball often poor Then consider the other players we have as Subs - Osmosis, OJ, and the other new loanees not forgetting Chadwick etc. The final piece of the jigsaw is here til January. Lets stop moaning, get behind the team and look forward to a top 6 place by Christmas. OTBC![/quote]

Absolutely spot on.....now get that tin hat on and get down in the foxhole!

A nice way of looking at things, of course my heart also says top 6.............

Well done indeed Mr. Roeder, no one can deny that he''s done a fantastic job for Norwich since he joined in December last season, he may have left it late with our target man but given the large number of players that needed replaceing and the lack of funds he has had available he''s done a great job.

Spot on, I feel that Glenn has worked wonders with what little he had available to him, on paper the team has a much more balanced look to it and if we can start converting the chances we are creating I don''t see why a top 6 finish is beyond us. 

I agree entirely.  Regardless of our feelings on loans and the amount we have, we cannot deny that the team is better than at any point in the last 3 years or so and by all accounts we''re playing magnificent football.  Hopefully Sibierski is the missing link that will galvanise the team and turn those draws into wins.

I am pretty p*ssed off that we haven''t bought a permanent striker, I have to say, but let''s get one thing straight - Sibierski is a class act and has the potential to help us destroy teams in this league.  People elsewhere are concerned at his strike rate in recent times, yet they forget he''s been used mainly as an impact sub against quality Premiership sides.  Give him 90 minutes against the likes of Plymouth and its quite possible that he could head for the top of the scoring charts.  I don''t say that lightly, but I''ve seen him play many times and the thought of him in a yellow shirt is exciting! Hopefully we''re just loaning him til Jan when we buy him permanently! Hopefully

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]

I agree entirely.  Regardless of our feelings on loans and the amount we have, we cannot deny that the team is better than at any point in the last 3 years or so and by all accounts we''re playing magnificent football.  Hopefully Sibierski is the missing link that will galvanise the team and turn those draws into wins.

I am pretty p*ssed off that we haven''t bought a permanent striker, I have to say, but let''s get one thing straight - Sibierski is a class act and has the potential to help us destroy teams in this league.  People elsewhere are concerned at his strike rate in recent times, yet they forget he''s been used mainly as an impact sub against quality Premiership sides.  Give him 90 minutes against the likes of Plymouth and its quite possible that he could head for the top of the scoring charts.  I don''t say that lightly, but I''ve seen him play many times and the thought of him in a yellow shirt is exciting! Hopefully we''re just loaning him til Jan when we buy him permanently! Hopefully

[/quote]

Spot on [Y]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="rodentwatch"]Top 6 - not a problem![/quote]

I think so too,although the doommongers will never be placated.

[/quote]

And if we''re not top 6 by Xmas? What will you be saying to the "doommongers" then?

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

And if we''re not top 6 by Xmas? What will you be saying to the "doommongers" then?

[/quote]

Ask me at Christmas! ; )

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]

[/quote]

What a clown you are... [:$]

Better than the team with Ashton and Green in it after we were first relegated, or the team that had Earnshaw in it when he first signed?

I think not!!!

Did we finish 10th the first season after relegation?

Lets see how close to that we get shall we???

Top 6... you are living in lala land!!!

The thought of an ageing midfielder upfron makes me piss my pants (an not in terror of facing him if I was a Championship defender either).

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

They will be saying "we will be top by next Christmas"... or at least "lets see how the summer goes shall we?"  [+o(]

I agree lets get on with it now. I for one don''t think Glen has done too bad at all. I am concerned at so many loan signings but on the other hand  who knows if we do well, perhaps they will stay?

So our first team looks like:MarshallOtsemobor Kennedy Stefanvic BertrandBell Russell Clingan HoolahanSibierski LupoliWith Reserves:NelsonOmozumi Doherty(Grounds) Archibald-Hennville DruryCroft Fotheringham Pattison ChadwickCureton KoromaAnd also: Rudd, Lappin, Eagle, Daley, Smith, Renton, LathorpeI''d say that looks quite good really, possibly except the goal keeper situation, but Rudd is highly rated.  Long term keeper injuries would badly effect any team in this league.

[quote user="Berkshire Canary"]

Spot on, I feel that Glenn has worked wonders with what little he had available to him, on paper the team has a much more balanced look to it and if we can start converting the chances we are creating I don''t see why a top 6 finish is beyond us. 

[/quote]I agree with this statement. Sibierski would have been my choice of the names bandied about for a big man. Great work rate and excellent in the air. He can finish too. I think GR has kicked butt with the quite obviously paper thin budget.By the way Berkshire Canary, I see you have some Futurehead lyrics in your sign off. I know this isn''t a music forum, but can I take this opportunity to recommend you check out my friends band "this aint vegas". They''re from Sunderland and on Ross from the ''heads label.If you haven''t heard them you should!!Enough of that anyhow, let''s show the Championship what we''ve got. OTBC!!!

no arguments here. GR has done fantastic, I believe he is one of only a handful of Managers who could have made so little money stretch so far. Thank our lucky stars we have got a very good manager who has obviously got some very good connections in the game. Just think what he could do if he had a bit of dosh to spend!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]

[/quote]

Better than the team with Ashton and Green in it after we were first relegated, or the team that had Earnshaw in it when he first signed?

I think not!!!

The thought of an ageing midfielder upfron makes me piss my pants (an not in terror of facing him if I was a Championship defender either).

[/quote]

seen any of our games yet this season Smugger ?

...seen how we are dominating teams ...even Birmingham ? 

...have you seen how creative our play can be now ?...and we now have a big man of quality to go along side a fast improving Lupoli ?

Have you witnessed any of this ?... to pass judgement set against our teams of the last 3 years.

I saw a first teamer yesterday walking with his family at Thorpe Green and had the opportunity to thank him and asked him to pass that thanks on to those responsible for the best football I can ever remember witnessing being played by a Norwich Team.

Saturday was that good Smug.

Of course, IMO...but at least it''s informed [:$]

[quote user="walks on water"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]

[/quote]

I think not!!!

[/quote]

seen any of our games yet this season Smugger ?

...seen how we are dominating teams ...even Birmingham ? 

...have you seen how creative our play can be now ?...and we now have a big man of quality to go along side a fast improving Lupoli ?

Have you witnessed any of this ?... to pass judgement set against our teams of the last 3 years.

I saw a first teamer yesterday walking with his family at Thorpe Green and had the opportunity to thank him and asked him to pass that thanks on to those responsible for the best football I can ever remember witnessing being played by a Norwich Team.

Saturday was that good Smug.

Of course, IMO...but at least it''s informed [:$]

[/quote]Do you honestly think he cares?The last thing he wants is for City to do well; it doesn''t fit his agenda.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]

[/quote]

I think not!!!

[/quote]Yawn, "last 3 years" Smudge.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Paint Me Yellow"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

They will be saying "we will be top by next Christmas"... or at least "lets see how the summer goes shall we?"  [+o(]

[/quote]

And you''ll still be coming out with that completely non-sensical rubbish about how you''ve correctly predicted relegation for the last three seasons, meanwhile being too simple to realise the contradiction in what you''re saying. [*-)] I must say that''s my favourite one of yours, lol!

Apart from what you''re saying about Dublin''s legendary status (on which we agree to an extent), you really do talk the biggest load of unadulterated s***.  

September 26 2007: Norwich v Man CityMarshall; Otsemobor, Doherty, Murray, Lappin; Spillane; Croft, Russell,

Jarvis, Brown; Cureton. Substitutes not used: Gilks (gk), Strihavka,

Martin, Eagle, Cave-Brown.

August 30 2008: Norwich v BirminghamMarshall, Otsemobor, Kennedy, Stefanovic, Bertrand,

Pattison (Croft 68), Clingan, Fotheringham, Hoolahan, Lupoli (Cureton

59), Russell. Subs Not Used: Nelson, Koroma, Archibald-Henville.

I know which I prefer.