Sign in to follow this  
Match Day Pie

Munby not ruling out Cullum - BBC

Although that interview is with Chris Goreham, not the guy who was just interviewing him on Look East. Apologies - blame Susi Fowler-Watt.

Anyway, he sounded quite positive that a Cullum deal was not dead in the water - something like ''the deal wasn''t right at the time but it was left amicably and he''s welcome to come back and talk to us if he wants''.

''Belt tightening'' measures being put into place because of the short fall.  I fear we already have a mighty small waistline as it is.  [:(]

I think we are going for Size 0 now Andy. Although Munby seems concerned, I don''t think he is so much into spin as Doncaster and the rest of the board. I believe what he is saying, and hopefully these negotiations will start to bear fruits soon.

It sounded more like the club are making a plea for Cullum to come forwards again, I dont believe that he is one of the potential investors that we are in active tals with. rather Mr. Munby hoping to atract Cullum to talks...Interesting times though......

I feel sorry for Munby.... Only board member rolled out when Roeder was appointed (it wasnt well received by some remember), Only board member rolled out when the Turners quit...

Where is the person that matters? Or is Mumbles the one set up to take the fall when things arent going well?

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

I feel sorry for Munby.... Only board member rolled out when Roeder was appointed (it wasnt well received by some remember), Only board member rolled out when the Turners quit...

Where is the person that matters? Or is Mumbles the one set up to take the fall when things arent going well?

[/quote]

I guess because he is the chairman, but I think it might have been better coming from all of them instead of just one, but that''s just my view.

[/quote]To be fair, I think that''s part and parcel of being Chairman.

[/quote]i  salute mumby,he is the one always taking a bullet without his name on it.its about time delia, MWJ and doncaster stood up and accounted for their inpetness.

[quote user="buddha"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]
i  salute mumby,
he is the one always taking a bullet without his name on it.
its about time delia, MWJ and doncaster stood up and accounted for their inpetness.
[/quote]

We''ve had a few dealings with Mr Munby since he became chairman and I have to say that we think he''s a fairly straightforward guy.  In fact, we quite like him because in the past he has been absolutely honest with us.

Blink overdrive in places...

IMO Munby hates doing interviews every question he does a longggg blink.

In places he does normal regular blinks, meaning he''s alluding to the truth

Other places when being questioned on certain statements he makes, he

goes into blink overdrive meaning he''s being economical with the truth.

Watch again and see what you think

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="buddha"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]
i  salute mumby,
its about time delia, MWJ and doncaster stood up and accounted for their inpetness.
[/quote]

We''ve had a few dealings with Mr Munby since he became chairman and I have to say that we think he''s a fairly straightforward guy.  In fact, we quite like him because in the past he has been absolutely honest with us.

[/quote]

He always comes across that way to me too Cam. He never hides thats for sure. And he takes plenty of flak but always comes back for more. But then his business is PR. He was the one bought in to build bridges with the fans in 1996. I remember standing outside Kenilworth Road on a cold wet Tuesday not being able to get inside because Lutons antiquated leccy failed again. Munby stood with us chatting. Or outside Hillsborough at the end of last season getting untold abuse from angry fans "spend some ****ing money!" People in and around the boardroom at our club I have always found to be straightforward and honest people. Nice people at a nice club if you like. Not many on here do like though.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="buddha"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]
i  salute mumby,
[/quote]

[/quote]

He always comes across that way to me too Cam. He never hides thats for sure. And he takes plenty of flak but always comes back for more. But then his business is PR. He was the one bought in to build bridges with the fans in 1996. I remember standing outside Kenilworth Road on a cold wet Tuesday not being able to get inside because Lutons antiquated leccy failed again. Munby stood with us chatting. Or outside Hillsborough at the end of last season getting untold abuse from angry fans "spend some ****ing money!" People in and around the boardroom at our club I have always found to be straightforward and honest people. Nice people at a nice club if you like. Not many on here do like though.

[/quote]

We''re not infallible, Nigel, but we do develop a sixth sense for this sort of thing.   We''re okay with him.  I know he reads this board from time to time which is probably why he mentioned the "administration thing"[8-|]

In the same way that everyone can have a laugh about Barry at Peterborough and his glorious over the top responses if he says: "No, that''s not true" we''ve learned to trust him.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="buddha"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]
i  salute mumby,
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

We''re not infallible, Nigel, but we do develop a sixth sense for this sort of thing.   We''re okay with him.  I know he reads this board from time to time which is probably why he mentioned the "administration thing"[8-|]

In the same way that everyone can have a laugh about Barry at Peterborough and his glorious over the top responses if he says: "No, that''s not true" we''ve learned to trust him.

[/quote]

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]As mentioned elsewhere, I was encouraged by what Mr Munby said particularly about Cullum. An olive branch I think.[/quote]

I hope they offer him, an olive grove.....

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]As mentioned elsewhere, I was encouraged by what Mr Munby said particularly about Cullum.

An olive branch I think.[/quote]That''s fair enough, it looked like that, but the last thing we were told was 56 mill put up or shut up.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="buddha"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]
i  salute mumby,
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If Munby is reading the board now perhaps he can see how much the fans want Peter Cullum... make it happen Roger!

It does make you wonder though considering that only a few months ago we weren''t in a position to negotiate with PC and the turners were on board. Now they have quit and suddenly there is the potential for PC to come back in for discussions. Were they the possible stumbling block and reason we couldnt get involved with PC when he made his offer.

Question: Correct me if I''m wrong but wasn''t it the Turners who met with Cullum a few weeks ago? Maybe now they''ve left, this is why Munby is now more open to Cullum coming back in, whereas until now he seems to have been considered a pariah.

Have met Munby on several occasions and is sometimes a bit too honest for his own good! But that''s away from the cameras - otherwise he is very PR and doesn''t ever say much with any substance. His appearances at AGMs are tooth-grindingly stage-managed and he can come across as quite condescending, which is not what you want at your only chance in the year to hold the board to account!