Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

Second best again.

[quote user="ellis206"]Well Phat Canary stories are now emerging that a deal was in place for the Turners to buy out Norwich City off Delia, but they pulled out at the last minute, so I''d imagine there was a big board room bust up because of it and thats why they''ve walked, so after Delia being accused of being a liar the last few months, it seems you all have egg on your faces because she was in fact selling the club to the Turners, so you doom mongerers are wrong yet again. Anyway how do you know that Sibierski wasn''t Roeders first choice? and your exact words were "And I''m gutted with yet more lack of signings" see that to me doesn''t make sense, as we have signed 14 players....... yes, 14 PLAYERS which is more than anybody in the league, so how many exactly did you want us to buy? Oh and we''ve got the left overs again have we? I think you''d find any club in this league would love to have Sibierski there, and if you would have told me in the summer that we would be signing Sibierski I wouldn''t have believed you!
[/quote]

Doom mongers my arse, we are realists and can''t understand why fans like you accept second best all the time!,as for the Turners we have no clue whats going on so i have no egg anywhere near me, ok then Mr picky, i am gutted with the lack of deadline day permanent signings, and also Roeders number 1 choice was Iverson from Rosenborg,we all know that he dropped enough bloody hints.

I don''t see how we''ve settled for second best at all, we''re playing the best football in the league, we''ve just signed a superb striker who is going to be pivotal in creating and scoring goals for us, and we''ve signed 14 new players, all of which seem like quality! Yes Iverson was Roeders number one target, but Rosenborg were not prepared to sell him, nothing more we can do about that, instead he went out and got a more than suitable replacement. And you Doom mongerers haven''t got egg on your faces yet, but you will have, trust me

[quote user="ellis206"]Well Phat Canary stories are now emerging that a deal was in place for the Turners to buy out Norwich City off Delia, but they pulled out at the last minute, so I''d imagine there was a big board room bust up because of it and thats why they''ve walked, so after Delia being accused of being a liar the last few months, it seems you all have egg on your faces because she was in fact selling the club to the Turners, so you doom mongerers are wrong yet again. Anyway how do you know that Sibierski wasn''t Roeders first choice? and your exact words were "And I''m gutted with yet more lack of signings" see that to me doesn''t make sense, as we have signed 14 players....... yes, 14 PLAYERS which is more than anybody in the league, so how many exactly did you want us to buy? Oh and we''ve got the left overs again have we? I think you''d find any club in this league would love to have Sibierski there, and if you would have told me in the summer that we would be signing Sibierski I wouldn''t have believed you!
[/quote]

So why did''nt the clubs with money like Derby, Birmingham, Sheff Utd, Forest, Ipswich etc. go out and do just that then!! One simple reason - they looked at his goalscoring record and thought ''No Thanks''. By the way - please make up your mind whether the guy was GR''s first choice or not, you seem rather confused on that point in your emails. 

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[quote user="ellis206"]Well Phat Canary stories are now emerging that a deal was in place for the Turners to buy out Norwich City off Delia, but they pulled out at the last minute, so I''d imagine there was a big board room bust up because of it and thats why they''ve walked, so after Delia being accused of being a liar the last few months, it seems you all have egg on your faces because she was in fact selling the club to the Turners, so you doom mongerers are wrong yet again. Anyway how do you know that Sibierski wasn''t Roeders first choice? and your exact words were "And I''m gutted with yet more lack of signings" see that to me doesn''t make sense, as we have signed 14 players....... yes, 14 PLAYERS which is more than anybody in the league, so how many exactly did you want us to buy? Oh and we''ve got the left overs again have we? I think you''d find any club in this league would love to have Sibierski there, and if you would have told me in the summer that we would be signing Sibierski I wouldn''t have believed you! [/quote]

So why did''nt the clubs with money like Derby, Birmingham, Sheff Utd, Forest, Ipswich etc. go out and do just that then!! One simple reason - they looked at his goalscoring record and thought ''No Thanks''. By the way - please make up your mind whether the guy was GR''s first choice or not, you seem rather confused on that point in your emails. 

[/quote]Didn''t Ipswich sign Jon Stead?  less goals and at a lower level.

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[quote user="ellis206"]Well Phat Canary stories are now emerging that a deal was in place for the Turners to buy out Norwich City off Delia, but they pulled out at the last minute, so I''d imagine there was a big board room bust up because of it and thats why they''ve walked, so after Delia being accused of being a liar the last few months, it seems you all have egg on your faces because she was in fact selling the club to the Turners, so you doom mongerers are wrong yet again. Anyway how do you know that Sibierski wasn''t Roeders first choice? and your exact words were "And I''m gutted with yet more lack of signings" see that to me doesn''t make sense, as we have signed 14 players....... yes, 14 PLAYERS which is more than anybody in the league, so how many exactly did you want us to buy? Oh and we''ve got the left overs again have we? I think you''d find any club in this league would love to have Sibierski there, and if you would have told me in the summer that we would be signing Sibierski I wouldn''t have believed you! [/quote]

[/quote]Yeah because Jon Stead is a much better signing than Sibierski! and Derby are scoring goals for fun at the moment aren''t they, yeah your right those clubs defiantly wouldn''t want Sibierski......... idiot! Iverson was first choice but when they made it clear they wouldn''t sell him Sibierski would have become his first choice. Why the hell are you complaining about this signing? its an absolute superb signing, stop being a negative pri*k, so because you think Sibierski is such a bad signing, does that mean you when he proves you wrong your going to apologise on here for being wrong then?

[:@] I hate myself for this but Ive got to agree with that binner ''Blue'' Stead not strong enough for Sheff Utd so why would he be good enough for the scum. at least Sibierski came from a prem club and he''s good at holding up play. He may not have a good goal to game ratio but he has a good assist record to his name. But the main reason why I''m optimistic is that he''s only keeping the shirt warm for steefen in Jan.[:D] now going to get tanked up to erase memory of agreeing with a scummer[:$]

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Yeah because Jon Stead is a much better signing than Sibierski! and Derby are scoring goals for fun at the moment aren''t they, yeah your right those clubs defiantly wouldn''t want Sibierski......... idiot! Iverson was first choice but when they made it clear they wouldn''t sell him Sibierski would have become his first choice. Why the hell are you complaining about this signing? its an absolute superb signing, stop being a negative pri*k, so because you think Sibierski is such a bad signing, does that mean you when he proves you wrong your going to apologise on here for being wrong then?
[/quote]

Thats it ellis when the argument is lost, start the name calling. Lets hope you get your way and Delia and the board carry on with the lack of ambition and one day you will be sitting in a half empty stand, watching league two football mumbling to yourself about how the doom mongers (as you like to call us) could have had a point after all. We are a selling club with no ambition at board level what so ever, and that sounds good to you does it?

Difference between me and you PhatCanary is that I''ll be sitting there in an empty ground because I''m loyal to the club, I don''t moan like a kid every time something doesn''t go our way! My point is, any club in this league would take Sibierski, because he is a quality player and he''ll do a good job in the championship, and yes if he does do rubbish, I''ll apologise for my optimism, but as I''m certain he''ll do well, I want every person who has moaned about him on here to write an apology and admit there wrong! It would never happen but it will distinguish the men from the boys. And how exactly is the argument lost? Do you think I''m happy with the lack of investment? because I''ll tell you now, I''m not! But respect is due where respect is deserved, and Delia deserves a lot of respect for putting a lot of her money into this club, and whether you like her or not, she has done a good job in making this club financially secure and stable, none of you can deny that, so just show a little respect..

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Yeah because Jon Stead is a much better signing than Sibierski! and Derby are scoring goals for fun at the moment aren''t they, yeah your right those clubs defiantly wouldn''t want Sibierski......... idiot! Iverson was first choice but when they made it clear they wouldn''t sell him Sibierski would have become his first choice. Why the hell are you complaining about this signing? its an absolute superb signing, stop being a negative pri*k, so because you think Sibierski is such a bad signing, does that mean you when he proves you wrong your going to apologise on here for being wrong then?
[/quote]

Cheers for the personal insults, don''t worry I won''t stoop to your level in reply. Never, in my posts about Sibierski have I mentioned Jon Stead so why do you distort the argument (again). You still say that all / most Championship clubs ''would be delighted to have him'' - again, I ask you the simple question, ''WHY DID NO ONE ELSE GO FOR HIM WHEN HE IS SO GOOD''??   

If the guy stays fit, scores some goals and helps develop others such as Curo and Lupoli to start scoring as well then you have my word that I will email you and post on this board that I got it wrong.

[quote user="shortfatb"]

this is not a good signing in terms of fan''s perception, 

[/quote]

Erm, I''m a fan and I think it''s a good signing

[quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Thats it ellis when the argument is lost, start the name calling. Lets hope you get your way and Delia and the board carry on with the lack of ambition and one day you will be sitting in a half empty stand, watching league two football mumbling to yourself about how the doom mongers (as you like to call us) could have had a point after all. We are a selling club with no ambition at board level what so ever, and that sounds good to you does it?

[/quote]

Cue Cullum on a snow white charger ...

[quote user="ellis206"]Difference between me and you PhatCanary is that I''ll be sitting there in an empty ground because I''m loyal to the club, I don''t moan like a kid every time something doesn''t go our way! My point is, any club in this league would take Sibierski, because he is a quality player and he''ll do a good job in the championship, and yes if he does do rubbish, I''ll apologise for my optimism, but as I''m certain he''ll do well, I want every person who has moaned about him on here to write an apology and admit there wrong! It would never happen but it will distinguish the men from the boys. And how exactly is the argument lost? Do you think I''m happy with the lack of investment? because I''ll tell you now, I''m not! But respect is due where respect is deserved, and Delia deserves a lot of respect for putting a lot of her money into this club, and whether you like her or not, she has done a good job in making this club financially secure and stable, none of you can deny that, so just show a little respect..
[/quote]

First things first,you don''t know me from Adam so you are in no position to judge my loyalty to the club, and how is speaking the truth "moaning like a kid" Secondly, i have posted on here numerous times of my respect for Delia for what she did to keep the club going some years ago but at some point even the fans such as yourself will have to realise everything has a lifespan, and Delia has come to the end of hers in regards of moving forward our football club!

Sibierski was a good player four seasons ago in my opinion but if he does turn out to be the missing piece of the jigsaw i will hold my hands up and admit i was wrong but that will still not detract us from the poor position we find ourselves in finacially and the fact that Delia has run out of ideas.