Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

Second best again.

i''d rather have stead, some kid know one as never heard of a old man that will play up top that isnt even a striker, nice, topwork glenn thank you board.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]No one has jumped for joy at the signing of the defender - he is cover, nothing more - but if you can''t get even remotely interested by us signing a proven decent player from a Premiership side, one that will make a huge difference to the playing side whenever he plays, then there is little hope for you.    Of course we wanted a perm signing, and you do wonder where the money has gone, but ffs, this is not a bad signing, it is a damn good one.[/quote]

I hope he turns out to be another Dion but i am sick of having to make do, why the f''ing hell should we have to be happy with a player who wasn''t even Roeders first choice, i hope he proves me wrong and helps us reach the dizzy heights of the top 10. I''ve just reached my limit of bullsh*t from this club and i''m gutted with yet more lack of signings.

[/quote]Well considering we''ve made the most amount of signings in the league your quite hard to please aren''t you! And if your not happy with the players who Roeder brings in, and your fed up with the "bullsh*t" then CLUCK OFF! We don''t want fans like you we want supporters not moaners.

And to the people who say they''d rather have Stead, are you kidding? the bloke is totally useless! rubbish in the air, to lightweight to hold the ball up, and he is just generally shocking! I wet myself when I heard the scum had signed him!

[quote user="PhatCanary"]For Gods sake people why are so many of you jumping for joy over the signings of an unknown defender and an over the hill forward ON LOAN, we''ve sold another player and the money will go into the magic NCFC bank account that seems to make cash disappear, its the same old sh*t every year, i can''t believe how many of you are happy with second rate loan players and the fact that we are being taken for mugs by the club yet again. What a pile of shit this club is turning into, we are one big joke!![/quote]

because they''re morons?

[quote user="jetstream"]"maybe until January when Iverson may be available" Exactly Even loans cost money, especially ones from Prem clubs. There will be a fee, wages, and an agent''s fee.[/quote]

OH NO! Do you think we can afford him? now starting to get really worried! perhaps we could get the Donk to tour round the local prmiary schools and ask the local children to empty out their piggy banks to help us out. Good to see that our hard working over stretched Board didn''t have to stump up any cash....

[quote user="ron obvious"]
Yes, it''s awful isn''t it?

Have a sit down with a nice cup of tea. It''ll calm you down, dear.
[/quote]

just shows how little you actually care about the club really

[quote user="ron obvious"]I would expect him to have 8 or 9 of his ''inbetweenies'' on permanent deals by this time next year.[/quote]I''d be keen for you to explain just exactly how you think we will be funding these 8 or 9 permanent signings with Delia in charge this is of course assuming that Roeder hasn''t had a gutfull of empty promises and no financial backup by this time next year.

Lets just hope we dont get any injuries to our own permanent players, with only five of the loans allowed to play and all of our own players getting shifted out they''ll be asking for anyone on the loud speaker who can play in the crowd or maybe Roeder and Clark will have to dust off their boots.

We now also have to try and sign players in Jan, havent we been told  in the past that this is a very difficult and inflated time to do business by the board and managers. Smacks of no money to me?

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]No one has jumped for joy at the signing of the defender - he is cover, nothing more - but if you can''t get even remotely interested by us signing a proven decent player from a Premiership side, one that will make a huge difference to the playing side whenever he plays, then there is little hope for you.    Of course we wanted a perm signing, and you do wonder where the money has gone, but ffs, this is not a bad signing, it is a damn good one.[/quote]

I hope he turns out to be another Dion but i am sick of having to make do, why the f''ing hell should we have to be happy with a player who wasn''t even Roeders first choice, i hope he proves me wrong and helps us reach the dizzy heights of the top 10. I''ve just reached my limit of bullsh*t from this club and i''m gutted with yet more lack of signings.

[/quote]

I tend to agree with you. Siberski is a typical last minute ''panic buy'' with an extremely uninspiring track record. I''ll certainly give him every chance to impress but as for being the so called ''final piece of the jigsaw'' - forget it, he ain''t. 

I''m not sure if any of you moaners have actually been watching football, I had the joy of watching sibierski under roeder in really what was a poor side and he was excellent and that was in the premiership.  He is good in the air, nice touch and has more footballing talent than a 100 million john stead''s.  It''s probably the precise reason I neevr come on this board much as idiots just sit around and whinge at anything our manager does.  If people are so unhappy i''ll happy take their season ticket off their hand, I''ll come back in a few months time and see just how many of you are prepared to whinge about sibierski then. Maybe when we see him on the pitch we can start to make some reasoned weighted rational judgements.

[quote user="anothatracksuitmanager"]I''m not sure if any of you moaners have actually been watching football, I had the joy of watching sibierski under roeder in really what was a poor side and he was excellent and that was in the premiership.  He is good in the air, nice touch and has more footballing talent than a 100 million john stead''s.  It''s probably the precise reason I neevr come on this board much as idiots just sit around and whinge at anything our manager does.  If people are so unhappy i''ll happy take their season ticket off their hand, I''ll come back in a few months time and see just how many of you are prepared to whinge about sibierski then.
 Maybe when we see him on the pitch we can start to make some reasoned weighted rational judgements.
[/quote]

Good idea and I respect your views. I don''t agree with the signing because I''m convinced it was a last minute job ((when other targets proved unobtainable). He may have decent touch but as well as a hold up player we need someone to put the ball in the net  as all other areas of the team are totally impotent at doing so! His injury record and (even you must agree) hardly inspiring goalscoring record does little to set the pulse racing.Having said that most of us (me included) slagged off old man Dublin when Worthy signed him so we''ll just have to wait and see!.

[quote user="ron obvious"]

I think it''s pretty obvious what Glenn is doing. There is no possible way he could afford to buy a team full of the quality of player he wants - but he can loan them in, so this is what he does. In the meantime he is steadily acquiring permanent signings - Dejan, Clingan, Hoolahan, Bell - who he thinks are up to the job; you get the feeling that some players he inherited (Fotheringham Semmy, Russell & Croft) have a chance with him, but I reckon only 1 or 2 will feature with him long term.
What is clear is that he has absolutely no intention of signing anyone permanently who he feels cannot improve the team.
I would expect him to have 8 or 9 of his ''inbetweenies'' on permanent deals by this time next year.
[/quote]

Noone seems to have picked up on what should be blindingly obvious.Clearly Glenn feels that Iversen is a done deal for January.Given a limited budget he couldn''t spare funds for another player who might end up as a back up when Steffen comes.Equally he didn''t want to waste money on a lower league "punt" or a donkey like Howard and Stead.I think this is a brilliant piece of business,not least because of the Sibierski''s experience,but because he fits the Norwich target man profile perfectly.

I had hoped that the doommongers might get behind the club now,but clearly everything must continue to be painted in the worst possible light until the Titan of Towergate finally loosens his wallet.

[quote user="Roedy the 5th Columnist"][quote user="ron obvious"]I would expect him to have 8 or 9 of his ''inbetweenies'' on permanent deals by this time next year.[/quote]I''d be keen for you to explain just exactly how you think we will be funding these 8 or 9 permanent signings with Delia in charge this is of course assuming that Roeder hasn''t had a gutfull of empty promises and no financial backup by this time next year.[/quote]comeon ron - its blindingly obvious we''ve gone in for 8 loans, cos we lack the budget to pay transfer fees and 3 year contracts...at least roedy learned from his mistake in jan window - rushing to sign 4 green young loanees in - that nearly backfired into a disasterous relegation - i''m pleased with the quality and experience of the majority of the loanees this time around... 

I don''t think whether Sibierski turns out to be great or anonymous is the real issue

The fact is that Roeder has managed to pull together a pretty good set of players that have done reasonably well over the first 4 games, 4 games that I could really only see us getting points out of Blackpool at home when I first looked at the fixture list.

This team had been assembled at extremely low cost in relation to;

the spending by many other clubs we would consider our equals or worse,

season ticket sales,

fan''s expectations,

Delia''s veiled promises of investment 

rumours abounding of additional cash available   

the amount of players sold or released.

The only thing this good team couldn''t do was score and Roeder declared it just needed a big guy and we all agreed that was the key. Then Shackell went and we thought, even more money avalable and then late last night after days and weeks of anticpation, we get a 34 year old midfielder with a f**ked foot.

He may turn out to be Dion, Ashton and Trevor Hockey combined but even if he is, this is not a good signing in terms of fan''s perception, the board''s ambition and Roeder''s long term future I don''t believe.

Sibierski and Bishop or Keogh or Collins John, Carroll, Ameobi or some one I''ve never heard of but we paid good money for would have shown that there was real drive behind the club, but this just looks like a spent force of a board hanging on to the coat tails of an ambitious and driven manager with lots to prove who whilst he might publicly say,  "Sib''s is who I always wanted", or some such sh*te, must be deep down thinking, ''what am I doing at this backwater where a shower of invertebrates run their club like a corner shop?''

Please stay Glen and wait for Mr Cullum on his comprehensively insured white charger to come over the hill, your blind ambition is our only hope.       

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="7rew"]

[quote user="Marty"]sorry, but I believe our bids for Robinho and Berbatov were not accepted!
[/quote]

Uh ah - bids were accepted but the players refused personal terms.  The board decided to say the bids failed in order to prevent "small club" accusations.

[/quote]

it''s a shame, let''s hope a multi zillionaire buys our club and the makes loads of record signings and buys us success, fingers crossed.
The Man City take over is bad news for football, it is like a mega rich persons plaything, not really a level playing field for the rest of us.
[/quote]

Its no worse than what the rest of the top four have been doing, i think its good that someone will come and have a dump on Man utd and Chelsea''s doorstep.

Remember its only the top four that get champions league spots so every year one of them will miss out which will meen players not happy at not being in the champions league, i''ve been waiting for years for someone to break the top four, i think this is great for english football from a watching point of view

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]I would have rather of had Stead , younger more of a targetman and not injured .
[/quote]

Isn''t it funny how everyone has a different opinion?  I''d rather have had Sibierski than Stead!  I think he will be a good signing for you.  Stead IMO is too light weight for this division and the only reason we got him is because JM had sailed Lee so far down the river there was not way back!

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]
Well considering we''ve made the most amount of signings in the league your quite hard to please aren''t you! And if your not happy with the players who Roeder brings in, and your fed up with the "bullsh*t" then CLUCK OFF! We don''t want fans like you we want supporters not moaners.
[/quote]

You make me laugh, i support the team that Roeder puts out week in week out, i have spent jutt under £1000 this year on season tickets and shirts and all the other stuff the kids wanted but the fact is we have got  the left overs again, without fans like me and the other 25,000 that turn out weekend after weekend this club would already me a memory! Delia promised money was available and investment was coming, well point blank she lied and i am sick of it, we are all being taken for mugs, even you Ellis.

[quote user="shortfatb"]

I don''t think whether Sibierski turns out to be great or anonymous is the real issue

The fact is that Roeder has managed to pull together a pretty good set of players that have done reasonably well over the first 4 games, 4 games that I could really only see us getting points out of Blackpool at home when I first looked at the fixture list.

season ticket sales,

fan''s expectations,

The only thing this good team couldn''t do was score and Roeder declared it just needed a big guy and we all agreed that was the key. Then Shackell went and we thought, even more money avalable and then late last night after days and weeks of anticpation, we get a 34 year old midfielder with a f**ked foot.

He may turn out to be Dion, Ashton and Trevor Hockey combined but even if he is, this is not a good signing in terms of fan''s perception, the board''s ambition and Roeder''s long term future I don''t believe.

Sibierski and Bishop or Keogh or Collins John, Carroll, Ameobi or some one I''ve never heard of but we paid good money for would have shown that there was real drive behind the club, but this just looks like a spent force of a board hanging on to the coat tails of an ambitious and driven manager with lots to prove who whilst he might publicly say,  "Sib''s is who I always wanted", or some such sh*te, must be deep down thinking, ''what am I doing at this backwater where a shower of invertebrates run their club like a corner shop?''

Please stay Glen and wait for Mr Cullum on his comprehensively insured white charger to come over the hill, your blind ambition is our only hope.       

[/quote]

Hate to bump myself, but I''m with Phat. Ellis it''s not about how many we have signed, it''s the overall ambition, guile and calculated risk taking the board shows, which is none.

[quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="shortfatb"]

season ticket sales,

fan''s expectations,

[/quote]

Hate to bump myself, but I''m with Phat. Ellis it''s not about how many we have signed, it''s the overall ambition, guile and calculated risk taking the board shows, which is none.

[/quote]Have to say, shortfatb, I do like your posts, even when I totally disagree with them - like this one.Personally I thought Sibierski would be too good to come here. I don''t think Glenn''s too disappointed either, despite the molluscs, & he''s signed Antoine before so knows he can do a job (until a certain Scandinavian arrives). He''s a quiet, gutsy, classy player, the type that Glenn likes.Is ''bumping yourself'' a euphenism, by the way?

[quote user="Roedy the 5th Columnist"][quote user="ron obvious"]I would expect him to have 8 or 9 of his ''inbetweenies'' on permanent deals by this time next year.[/quote]I''d be keen for you to explain just exactly how you think we will be funding these 8 or 9 permanent signings with Delia in charge this is of course assuming that Roeder hasn''t had a gutfull of empty promises and no financial backup by this time next year.[/quote]Sorry, I missed this - seemed to get buried in the avalanche from last night!I''m saying 8 or 9 INCLUDING the 5 (up to 7) he will already have & that he will fund these in the same way as the previous 4.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Roedy the 5th Columnist"][quote user="ron obvious"]

I would expect him to have 8 or 9 of his ''inbetweenies'' on permanent deals by this time next year.
[/quote]
I''d be keen for you to explain just exactly how you think we will be funding these 8 or 9 permanent signings with Delia in charge this is of course assuming that Roeder hasn''t had a gutfull of empty promises and no financial backup by this time next year.
[/quote]

comeon ron - its blindingly obvious we''ve gone in for 8 loans, cos we lack the budget to pay transfer fees and 3 year contracts...

at least roedy learned from his mistake in jan window - rushing to sign 4 green young loanees in - that nearly backfired into a disasterous relegation - i''m pleased with the quality and experience of the majority of the loanees this time around...

[/quote]

it''s not blindly obvious but it is one credible explanation though not the explanation that I personally buy.

Should be ''euphemism''.  Blindness & senility are a terrible combination.Have I just bumped myself??Nurse!!!      Quick!    The Appliance!!

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="shortfatb"]

season ticket sales,

fan''s expectations,

[/quote]

[/quote]

Have to say, shortfatb, I do like your posts, even when I totally disagree with them - like this one.
Personally I thought Sibierski would be too good to come here. I don''t think Glenn''s too disappointed either, despite the molluscs, & he''s signed Antoine before so knows he can do a job (until a certain Scandinavian arrives). He''s a quiet, gutsy, classy player, the type that Glenn likes.

Is ''bumping yourself'' a euphenism, by the way?

[/quote]

Ron, thank you for your kind words even if you totally disagree with them!

I really have no problem with Sibierski, indeed I think he may turn out to be just what the team need, it''s more about Roeder having to work like a cross between a penniless Wenger and David Nixon ( one for the oldies) to get anyone in of quality at all, because we have no cash.

As for bumper being a euphemism, if it is, there are a right load of ''bumpers'' on here and no mistake. 

Well Phat Canary stories are now emerging that a deal was in place for the Turners to buy out Norwich City off Delia, but they pulled out at the last minute, so I''d imagine there was a big board room bust up because of it and thats why they''ve walked, so after Delia being accused of being a liar the last few months, it seems you all have egg on your faces because she was in fact selling the club to the Turners, so you doom mongerers are wrong yet again. Anyway how do you know that Sibierski wasn''t Roeders first choice? and your exact words were "And I''m gutted with yet more lack of signings" see that to me doesn''t make sense, as we have signed 14 players....... yes, 14 PLAYERS which is more than anybody in the league, so how many exactly did you want us to buy? Oh and we''ve got the left overs again have we? I think you''d find any club in this league would love to have Sibierski there, and if you would have told me in the summer that we would be signing Sibierski I wouldn''t have believed you!

Ellis, it says no where (at the moment) that they intended to buy Norwich City. So the "doommongers" don''t have egg on their faces at all and Delia could still be lying.

They''re only worth £275m, most of which is tied up in Central Trust - a company currently being hit hard by the credit crunch. There was never any chance of them buying us EVER.

Didn''t Roeder say he thought he had enough money to get a good one in ? hardly fits Sibierski does it . At least we know where the Shackell money has gone now . Only a matter of time before the club goes into Administration .